Quincy Carter story Monday on NFL Network

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ilovejerry;1492887 said:
I Dont know what that means. I'm not a Carter fan. So quit putting words in my mouth.
Who's putting words in your mouth?

You know, I have to say I just watched the interview and I feel bad for him... You know I have to tell you I was at that Giants game on Monday night when Tuna came back to Giants stadium and he played his *** off, that was a big time throw to Antonio on the sideline ( yes that was also a great catch ) I was really happy that night I hope he can recapture some of that magic and remember that feeling and to move on and get help. maybe its me I rooted for the guy and I really don't wish him any bad and hopefully he can get the help he desperately deserves. - http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1491405&postcount=67

Man with integrity over here "excuse me for being human" and showing compassion for a old Cowboy QB Thats right he played QB for us - Thats one thing that will never go away, his failure is there failure- anyway you want to put it Jerry drafted him and stuck with him for how many years? - http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1491423&postcount=70

Yes I am aware of that, Thats why I said I hope he gets help, - http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1491427&postcount=71

I realize that, all I am saying is that I feel bad for him, Did I support him when he was our QB absoulutely, Was I happy when he was cut NO !! because we invested alot of time on him and he got caught doing drugs. yes it was his fault Yes he desreved to get the boot, but watching him now struggle is pretty sad. Thats the point. I dont think he is a polished speaker and it showed in the interview. I hope "HE" finds what he is looking for - http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1491442&postcount=73

Thank-G-d you dont have children. You know I heard weed actually relaxes you.... Hmm Im thinking........... you may want to give it a shot. - http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1491534&postcount=98

You're doing a good enough job emulating a Carter fan to the core all on your own.

ilovejerry;1492887 said:
Yes True Tony Romo had SOME Success lets not put him in the HOF just yet...
Why not? One glance at the customary Carter fan tirade places Carter firmly in those hallowed halls. Can't he have a little company..?
ilovejerry;1492887 said:
...and I dont want to hear how he went to the pro bowl,...
Why not? Just because it's not on Carter's resume doesn't make it untrue, does it?
ilovejerry;1492887 said:
QC If Im not mistaken took us to the last run in the playoffs.
Oh, for the love of...

Now, if THAT's not a sign of Carter addiction, nothing is.
ilovejerry;1492887 said:
Again Im not a QC fan..,
Riiiiight.
ilovejerry;1492887 said:
And Im very excited with Tony Romo and hope for the best because if he doesnt go the Cowboys dont go.
Now if we can severely reduce or eliminate all mention of Carter, the rest of us can enjoy Romo in 2007 also.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Charles;1492648 said:
Myself and other posters presented information that showed Meriweather acted within the LAW in discharging his weapon.

But why was he carrying a gun in the first place?? Why the NEED for a concealed weapon permit??

I'm 55 years old, and have never had a carry permit, never felt the need to carry a gun... when a kid that young feels that need, it raises red flags for me, about what kind of places he hangs out at, what kind of people he associates with...

My problem with the gun incident wasn't him using it in that situation, it's him running around packing heat... good, solid citizens don't generally have to do such things... combine that with the animalistic attack on the football field, and I get a picture of a young man who is not what you'd call a solid citizen, indeed I get a picture of a punk...

silverbear

Reaction score
5Stars;1492715 said:
Main Entry: big·ot
Pronunciation: 'bi-g&t
Function: noun
Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

For Charles...this word has all the meanings of racisim, period! And, I believe you know that, so I find it very funny that you claim that it's not...when you know it does!

Very bad...very, very bad...

:cool:

Ok, in the strictest construction of the word, Charles is right, "bigot" can refer to any irrational prejudice... I could be bigoted against brussel sprouts (and I am)...

But in the real world, we ALL know that the word "bigot" carries racial overtones, and we ALL know that as it was applied originally in this thread, it had racial overtones... Charles is being quite disingenuous when he tries to deny that reality...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
silverbear;1493115 said:
But why was he carrying a gun in the first place?? Why the NEED for a concealed weapon permit??

I'm 55 years old, and have never had a carry permit, never felt the need to carry a gun... when a kid that young feels that need, it raises red flags for me, about what kind of places he hangs out at, what kind of people he associates with...

My problem with the gun incident wasn't him using it in that situation, it's him running around packing heat... good, solid citizens don't generally have to do such things... combine that with the animalistic attack on the football field, and I get a picture of a young man who is not what you'd call a solid citizen, indeed I get a picture of a punk...

He was right outside his house and he brought the gun with him because he saw a suspicious car outside. Him having or not having a CCL is immaterial.

There is no evidence to support he just wanders around everywhere he goes with a gun. it is also apprent you are not familiar with Miami players being targets and subject to ambushes. if i were a Miami football player i would get a CCL as well.

Now if you want to discuss the crime rate in Miami or the culture at the University of Miami but bashing Meriweather is at best guilt by association.

There is nothing wrong with having a CCL.

There is nothing wrong with firing at someone who just fired at you or your friends.

Also animilistic is a bit unfair. The guy they were kicking had just bodyslammed their teammate to the ground. It was a mob scene but far from primeval.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1492892 said:
Honest answer. what do you think had more impact on us making the playoffs

Carter and his 17 TDs to 21 INTs

Or the #1 ranked defense against the #32 ranked schedule?

He is also the last QB to start a full season for us and win double digits as starter.

I much prefer Romo but Carter is the only QB since Aikman to win 10 games in one season.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1493129 said:
He is also the last QB to start a full season for us and win double digits as starter.

I much prefer Romo but Carter is the only QB since Aikman to win 10 games in one season.
Well, when you're other starting QB's have been Anthony Wright, Ryan Leaf, Chad Hutchinson, Clint Stoerner, and a washed up Drew Bledsoe then things like that tend to happen.

silverbear

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1493124 said:
He was right outside his house and he brought the gun with him because he saw a suspicious car outside. Him having or not having a CCL is immaterial.

No, it's not... it is quite central to my problems with the guy...

Anybody his age who carries a gun and is not in law enforcement does so because he makes a habit of going to some pretty unsavory places, where some pretty unsavory people hang out... and I'm leery of investing large sums of money in people who do such things...

Also animilistic is a bit unfair. The guy they were kicking had just bodyslammed their teammate to the ground. It was a mob scene but far from primeval.

I saw the video, and stand by the characterization... repeatedly stomping on somebody laying on the ground is gutless, the actions of an animal...

Knock the offender on his butt, sure... if he tries to get up, knock him down again... but you don't go stomping on him when he's on the ground...

Combine the two sordid little episodes, and I wanted no part of him... one such incident by itself could be dismissed as an aberration, but two such incidents starts to reveal a pattern of somewhat sociopathic behavior... with the new commissioner running around suspending any player who runs afoul of the law, it's stupid to invest a first round pick on such a player...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear;1493131 said:
No, it's not... it is quite central to my problems with the guy...

Anybody his age who carries a gun and is not in law enforcement does so because he makes a habit of going to some pretty unsavory places, where some pretty unsavory people hang out... and I'm leery of investing large sums of money in people who do such things...

I saw the video, and stand by the characterization... repeatedly stomping on somebody laying on the ground is gutless, the actions of an animal...

Knock the offender on his butt, sure... if he tries to get up, knock him down again... but you don't go stomping on him when he's on the ground...

Combine the two sordid little episodes, and I wanted no part of him... one such incident by itself could be dismissed as an aberration, but two such incidents starts to reveal a pattern of somewhat sociopathic behavior... with the new commissioner running around suspending any player who runs afoul of the law, it's stupid to invest a first round pick on such a player...

It is quite amazing that people were ripping on Alberta for stomping on the head of a dallas cowboy player yet seems it is ok for a guy doing it in college and deciding that is not a character issue.

As you said if he just knocked the guy down or something that is one thing...repeatedly stomping on the head of a guy on the ground is another.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
DallasEast;1492924 said:
Who's putting words in your mouth?

You know, I have to say I just watched the interview and I feel bad for him... You know I have to tell you I was at that Giants game on Monday night when Tuna came back to Giants stadium and he played his *** off, that was a big time throw to Antonio on the sideline ( yes that was also a great catch ) I was really happy that night I hope he can recapture some of that magic and remember that feeling and to move on and get help. maybe its me I rooted for the guy and I really don't wish him any bad and hopefully he can get the help he desperately deserves. - http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1491405&postcount=67

Man with integrity over here "excuse me for being human" and showing compassion for a old Cowboy QB Thats right he played QB for us - Thats one thing that will never go away, his failure is there failure- anyway you want to put it Jerry drafted him and stuck with him for how many years? - http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1491423&postcount=70

Yes I am aware of that, Thats why I said I hope he gets help, - http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1491427&postcount=71

I realize that, all I am saying is that I feel bad for him, Did I support him when he was our QB absoulutely, Was I happy when he was cut NO !! because we invested alot of time on him and he got caught doing drugs. yes it was his fault Yes he desreved to get the boot, but watching him now struggle is pretty sad. Thats the point. I dont think he is a polished speaker and it showed in the interview. I hope "HE" finds what he is looking for - http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1491442&postcount=73

Thank-G-d you dont have children. You know I heard weed actually relaxes you.... Hmm Im thinking........... you may want to give it a shot. - http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1491534&postcount=98

You're doing a good enough job emulating a Carter fan to the core all on your own.

Why not? One glance at the customary Carter fan tirade places Carter firmly in those hallowed halls. Can't he have a little company..?Why not? Just because it's not on Carter's resume doesn't make it untrue, does it?Oh, for the love of...

Now, if THAT's not a sign of Carter addiction, nothing is.Riiiiight.Now if we can severely reduce or eliminate all mention of Carter, the rest of us can enjoy Romo in 2007 also.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

ilovejerry

Reaction score

Dont waste your time

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

See how bad this has gotten.

I mean one guy says that Carter was the last QB to lead us to a winning season.

Guess he forgot about Romo this past season.

Next it was QC was the last QB to lead us to the playoffs...once again forgetting that Tony Romo was the starter last year and we got to the playoffs.

Now we have to narrow it down to He was the last QB that started a full season and win 10 games.

How about adding in...he was the last QB to get himself booted off the team because he could not stop puffing on the mary jane.

Mash

Reaction score
I love Carter's threads...

Some of us support Carter and wish him the best.....others just hate him and thought he was crap...and basically dont even want to hear his name mentioned....yet they are still in this thread.

It all started because some of us hoped Carter the best and wish him well...pot smoker or not.....

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Mash;1493181 said:
I love Carter's threads...

Some of us support Carter and wish him the best.....others just hate him and thought he was crap...and basically dont even want to hear his name mentioned....yet they are still in this thread.

It all started because some of us hoped Carter the best and wish him well...pot smoker or not.....

I wish him the best and hope he gets his life turned around but at time I would never want to see him in a Cowboys uniform again.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;1493179 said:
See how bad this has gotten.

I mean one guy says that Carter was the last QB to lead us to a winning season.

Guess he forgot about Romo this past season.

Next it was QC was the last QB to lead us to the playoffs...once again forgetting that Tony Romo was the starter last year and we got to the playoffs.

Now we have to narrow it down to He was the last QB that started a full season and win 10 games.

How about adding in...he was the last QB to get himself booted off the team because he could not stop puffing on the mary jane.
Well if the team wins more than 10 games next year, then they could simply say:

Carter was the last QB to win 10 games, lead us to the playoffs, and then get booted off the team the following year.

I mean, no one should be able to claim that, right?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;1493195 said:
Well if the team wins more than 10 games next year, then they could simply say:

Carter was the last QB to win 10 games, lead us to the playoffs, and then get booted off the team the following year.

I mean, no one should be able to claim that, right?

:lmao2:

Troublemaker! :p:

Mash

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1493190 said:
I wish him the best and hope he gets his life turned around but at time I would never want to see him in a Cowboys uniform again.

I agree...:hammer:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1491738 said:
We are all someone's child. Yeah the hardline approach is all fine and dandy for some but it does not work for others.

Carter has been given chance after chance after chance, evidently the coddling approach has not worked at all, but you’re so wrapped up these pity parties you can't see. By the way I know what year it is and not I'm not living in the past but from what I see today the wuss approach sure as hell does not work. You poor thing what can I do for you? I'll tell you can't do anything for him because it starts and ends with Carter and all you bleeding hearts can't figure that out.

silverbear

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1493170 said:
It is quite amazing that people were ripping on Alberta for stomping on the head of a dallas cowboy player yet seems it is ok for a guy doing it in college and deciding that is not a character issue.

Rather inconsistent of them, isn't it??

As you said if he just knocked the guy down or something that is one thing...repeatedly stomping on the head of a guy on the ground is another.

After a certain period of time, it becomes pretty clear that he's doing it for his amusement...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Wow ....... this was one of "those" threads ....... and I missed it :mad:

I went through the thread pretty fast ..... but from what I could gather

Charles ,still being upset 4 years later about losing his beloved QC, called Rick James a biggot ...... Dallas East then put something in ilovejerry's mouth which prompted a pity party involving "Mary Jane" and a Canadian ..... this caused Charles to exile himself to Quincyland.

that about right?