"Period Point Blank" Expect The Trade To Happen Today

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DallasEast;2015797 said:
That guy??? Adam Jones??? Was on the honor roll???

I have to sit down.

• Majored in special education and was member of Athletic Director’s Academic Honor Roll.

http://www.titansonline.com/team/players/bio.php?PRKey=284

The guy was a good student and excellent football player at WVU. At one point in time he had his head on straight and excelled. Its not like hes been a loser his whole life and just got lucky. Look at his rap sheet. it starts the spring of his last year at WVU and is fast and furious up through february of last year.

Actually the more i think about it it correlates with him turning 21 and being able to go to bars. interesting indeed.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2015818 said:
• Majored in special education and was member of Athletic Director’s Academic Honor Roll.

The guy was a good student and excellent football player at WVU. At one point in time he had his head on straight and excelled. Its not like hes been a loser his whole life and just got lucky. Look at his rap sheet. it starts the spring of his last year at WVU and is fast and furious up through february of last year.
Well, I'll be dipped!

So, Jones is just playing stupid and understands full well why he's getting punished. This will take a second or two to sink in.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
ZeroClub;2015792 said:
I agree on all points.

I'm guessing you'd agree with this too:

With respect to performance in the NFL - Wright had potential, Adam Jones has proven ability.

With respect to self-destructive behavior resulting in prolonged NFL suspension - Wright had potential, Adam Jones has proven ability.

100% correct. That's why I don't think Pacman is worth the trouble.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;2015513 said:
I think you said this last Friday. hoax?

lmao.

Maybe it was a "vision" into the future..........and he really meant this Friday.....:lmao2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jazzcat22;2015863 said:
Maybe it was a "vision" into the future..........and he really meant this Friday.....:lmao2:
In that case I wish I wasn't seeing him coming here at all.

I don't want him. Period point blank.

We will draft a CB in round 1, Newman will become a Free Agent and they will roll the dice and let him leave because they will still have Jones, Henry, and the Draft pick.

Ultimately our acquiring him means this is probably Newman's last year.

I don't deny his talent. I never have. But if you ask me which guy I prefer, Newman all day, every day, and every season. There is no circus around Newman.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2015877 said:

We will draft a CB in round 1, Newman will become a Free Agent and they will roll the dice and let him leave because they will still have Jones, Henry, and the Draft pick.

I don't deny his talent. I never have. But if you ask me which guy I prefer, Newman all day, every day, and every season. There is no circus around Newman.

I don't foresee that kind of scenario myself.

I don't think Jones' presence will effect Newman's future because I can't see Jerry and the Cowboys being foolish enough to trust him - even if he's on his best behavior for a full season.

I would worry more about the ridiculous money the Raiders spent on DeAngelo Hall ruining the Cowboys' chances of keeping Newman around.

I think it will come down to Newman's salary demands pure and simple.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
Hostile;2015877 said:

C'mon! Everybody loves the circus:rolleyes:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
stasheroo;2015886 said:
I don't foresee that kind of scenario myself.

I don't think Jones' presence will effect Newman's future because I can't see Jerry and the Cowboys being foolish enough to trust him - even if he's on his best behavior for a full season.

I would worry more about the ridiculous money the Raiders spent on DeAngelo Hall ruining the Cowboys' chances of keeping Newman around.

I think it will come down to Newman's salary demands pure and simple.

I agree. What i think will be interesting is how owens coming off the books will effect what happens with our other guys. The Trufant deal brings some normalcy into the market and while Newman is better when push comes to shove he is also older.

Newman is worth $8 mil a year. If i am not mistaken we would have jones for three years so i dont see what the big deal is.

If anyone is getting cut in the next year or so due to lackluster play its going to be Roy if he doesnt turn it around.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Think I know what might be holding up this deal.

I remember reading an interview with Jerry where he stated that he was not a fan of conditional draft picks. He considers himself an optomist and envisions/expects the best case senario for the player he acquiring.

He has no interest in trading for a Drew Henson and have the compensation increase with his success. He's confident Henson will succeed and wants to reap the rewards of that success.

Jones likes to assume a moderate amount of risk and get paid when he's right.

Problem is the Packman deal screams for a conditional pick. If there was ever a deal that called for conditional compensation, this is it!

From what I'm hearing Tenn wants a 2008 3rd and Jerry is offering a 2008 6th.

I'd offer a 2009 3rd (the equivilant of a 2008 4th) on a conditional basis.
Conditions to meet:
1) Must be reinstated by June 1st
2) Cant recieve league disciplinary action til April 1st 2009.
3) Must play at least 50% of Cowboy D snaps.
4) Must be on Cowboy Roster April 1st 2009

The 2009 pick would range from 3 to 7 depending on the conditions met.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2015938 said:
Think I know what might be holding up this deal.

I remember reading an interview with Jerry where he stated that he was not a fan of conditional draft picks. He considers himself an optomist and envisions/expects the best case senario for the player he acquiring.

He has no interest in trading for a Drew Henson and have the compensation increase with his success. He's confident Henson will succeed and wants to reap the rewards of that success.

Jones likes to assume a moderate amount of risk and get paid when he's right.

Problem is the Packman deal screams for a conditional pick. If there was ever a deal that called for conditional compensation, this is it!

From what I'm hearing Tenn wants a 2008 3rd and Jerry is offering a 2008 6th.

I'd offer a 2009 3rd (the equivilant of a 2008 4th) on a conditional basis.
Conditions to meet:
1) Must be reinstated by June 1st
2) Cant recieve league disciplinary action til April 1st 2009.
3) Must play at least 50% of Cowboy D snaps.
4) Must be on Cowboy Roster April 1st 2009

The 2009 pick would range from 3 to 7 depending on the conditions met.

I had something like that in mind and I agree completely. If he achieves those conditions quite frankly hes worth a third next year.

superpunk

Reaction score
Why is trickblue's thread locked?

I just want to say that's gotta be BS.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2015944 said:
Ed Werner just said on Irvin show that he heard the player was Akin or Fasano

If its Fasano, it should be Fasano straight up. Akin and a 6th or 7th. Why would they want Fasano; they just signed Crumpler.

Woods

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2015818 said:

Actually the more i think about it it correlates with him turning 21 and being able to go to bars. interesting indeed.

Sounds like he hit 40 early . . . . oh wait, that's me. :)