"Period Point Blank" Expect The Trade To Happen Today

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2015958 said:
If its Fasano, it should be Fasano straight up. Akin and a 6th or 7th. Why would they want Fasano; they just signed Crumpler.

thats what Michael asked him and he kinda worked around the answer

Shady12

Reaction score
If I was Tenn I wouldn't want Fasano. They have Crumpler and Scaife and both are better.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Even if they just signed Pacman to a one year deal, he would still be a restricted free agent at the end of '08, no?

If so, then Dallas could keep him 2 years without significant cap issues.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2015886 said:
I don't foresee that kind of scenario myself.

I don't think Jones' presence will effect Newman's future because I can't see Jerry and the Cowboys being foolish enough to trust him - even if he's on his best behavior for a full season.

I would worry more about the ridiculous money the Raiders spent on DeAngelo Hall ruining the Cowboys' chances of keeping Newman around.

I think it will come down to Newman's salary demands pure and simple.
The ridiculous money they paid Catfish Hall is exactly why I think we will almost be forced to let Newman test the waters. Did you read Mick's Mail yesterday?

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Edwin Brevelle, Marksville, La.:[/SIZE][/FONT] Due to yet another mind-boggling move made by Al Davis and staff, has the money given to DeAngelo Hall by the Raiders caused some concerns in Dallas' front office? You just know Terence Newman and his agent are licking their lips.
Mickey: Oh, you bet it does. Now certainly the Cowboys have their own number they'd like to hit, and likely will try to sell Newman on a somewhat lower number if they sign him to an extension a year earlier than they would have to. But from Newman's standpoint, market value is market value, and with the Raiders giving Hall $10 million a year and the Eagles giving Asante Samuel something like $9 million a year, and the Cowboys corner having gone to his first Pro Bowl this year, I'm sure he'll be wanting something similar. The only drawback for him will be his age, turning 30 the first week of the season.
I know, I know, this is Mickey Spagnola. Like him or hate him, the guy is closer to the pulse center of the Cowboys than all of us. What he describes here is exactly the way the business of the NFL works these days.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I really doubt Fasano would be sent when they are talking about lower picks. He's worth more than that as the second TE. Ayodele is the only one that makes sense from the Cowboys side.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Shady12;2015967 said:
If I was Tenn I wouldn't want Fasano. They have Crumpler and Scaife and both are better.

the only thing is Alge can't stay healthy crossing the street, so maybe they want some backup:)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2015972 said:
I really doubt Fasano would be sent when they are talking about lower picks. He's worth more than that as the second TE. Ayodele is the only one that makes sense from the Cowboys side.

I don't see Ayodele making any sense unless it is Remi that we are talking about. Akin may have "lost" his job but he's relatively cheap and has held off the guys behind him, so he's right now a guy who still has a very big role on this team.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
abersonc;2015986 said:
I don't see Ayodele making any sense unless it is Remi that we are talking about. Akin may have "lost" his job but he's relatively cheap and has held off the guys behind him, so he's right now a guy who still has a very big role on this team.

I imagine that hes not happy that hes going to lose his starting spot. if thats the case its best to let him go somewhere he can start and he would start in Tennessee

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
abersonc;2015986 said:
He makes more sense given the potential cap hit, age, and investment.

Sometimes it is about sunk cost.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
abersonc;2015986 said:
Ayodele does not fit Wade's defense, how can you not see that?

coogrfan

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2015944 said:
Ed Werner just said on Irvin show that he heard the player was Akin or Fasano

Akin I can see, but why in the world would the Titans want yet another TE?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
abersonc;2015566 said:
As a condition of this trade, I would like the team and its players to only refer to him as Adam Jones.

At least now Julius and Nate are gone, so he'll be the only Jones on the roster. I was having nightmares thinking about seeing P. Jones on the back of his jersey.

Hell that may be why Jerruh is so hard up after him. He doesn't like it when there's not a Jones on the roster.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2015972 said:
Call me crazy, but I really like what we've seen from Tony Curtis so far. I'm not at all opposed to moving Fasano and giving Curtis more playing time.

We don't want the Cowboys let Fasano go at too cheap / below market value. At the same time, if the Cowboys are enthusiastic about Curtis, it'd make good sense to part ways with Fasano now.

If in the next 4 or 5 months, Curtis were to move past Fasano on the depth chart, Fasano would have little to no trade value.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
stasheroo;2015550 said:
Agreed.

I think this deal gets done today.

pacman1.gif

Dude. So far, this has been a really wierd start to the off-season.

funkytown

Reaction score
ZeroClub;2016136 said:
Call me crazy, but I really like what we've seen from Tony Curtis so far. I'm not at all opposed to moving Fasano and giving Curtis more playing time.

We don't want the Cowboys let Fasano go at too cheap / below market value. At the same time, if the Cowboys are enthusiastic about Curtis, it'd make good sense to part ways with Fasano now.

If in the next 4 or 5 months, Curtis were to move past Fasano on the depth chart, Fasano would have little to no trade value.

I like Tony Cutis too, but if we trade Fasano, look for a mid round pick at TE. Someone like Martellus Bennett, who happens to be visiting Valley Ranch.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Nothing yet? You're running out of daylight, Hos! You promised me a Pacman today, I demand you deliver!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
TheCount;2016484 said:
Nothing yet? You're running out of daylight, Hos! You promised me a Pacman today, I demand you deliver!

Hos is picking him up at the airport..................in a limo, with a hottub in the trunk. :D