"Period Point Blank" Expect The Trade To Happen Today

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2016087 said:
Why is that, Catch?

Because I want as less pub as possible for signing this guy so your everyday fan who barely watches football isn't going "looks like them Cowboys are signing another criminal on their team."

speedkilz88

Reaction score
CATCH17;2016496 said:
Because I want as less pub as possible for signing this guy so your everyday fan who barely watches football isn't going "looks like them Cowboys are signing another criminal on their team."
Why do you care? That is such a silly reason.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2016503 said:

Careing about our image is a silly reason for most of you guys I understand that.

I want the least amount of publicity we can possibly get for signing this guy.

I guess there is something wrong with that too?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
ZeroClub;2015710 said:
I know that it now seems quite likely that this trade is going to come off, but if you step back a little bit, it really is a surprising move.

Heck, it was just last draft day that the Cowboys (and the majority of cowboyszone posters) were dead set against picking the CB from UNLV with first round talent (Eric Wright) in the 2nd round due to his personal baggage.

And yet Adam Jones, a guy whose baggage has baggage, a guy who makes Antonio Bryant look stable, a guy who Tank Johnson looks at and says "at least I'm not that screwed up," is now set to join the team..

I don't think this is all that surprising of a move based on the circumstances.

There is a lot of difference between using a second-round pick and four-year contract with guarantees on an unproven player with baggage, and using a probably late-round pick and nonguaranteed contract on a proven player with baggage.

It again comes down to the cost of the risk vs. the potential reward.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
CATCH17;2016506 said:
Careing about our image is a silly reason for most of you guys I understand that.

I want the least amount of publicity we can possibly get for signing this guy.

I guess there is something wrong with that too?

What? Regardless of when the deal goes through, we'll be getting a ton of publicity.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Vintage;2016524 said:
What? Regardless of when the deal goes through, we'll be getting a ton of publicity.

I think it still going to get a lot of pub but the #1 story is going to be the NCAA College basketball tournament this weekend.

Now if we get this deal done monday your headline will be thugs back in Dallas.

Just not this weekend I believe.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hos, what do Period Point Blank means?

Or is it another case of athletes should be seen and not heard?

Let me tell you, reading quotes by athletes is no walk in the cake.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2015938 said:
Think I know what might be holding up this deal.

I remember reading an interview with Jerry where he stated that he was not a fan of conditional draft picks. He considers himself an optomist and envisions/expects the best case senario for the player he acquiring.

He has no interest in trading for a Drew Henson and have the compensation increase with his success. He's confident Henson will succeed and wants to reap the rewards of that success.

Jones likes to assume a moderate amount of risk and get paid when he's right.

Problem is the Packman deal screams for a conditional pick. If there was ever a deal that called for conditional compensation, this is it!

From what I'm hearing Tenn wants a 2008 3rd and Jerry is offering a 2008 6th.

I'd offer a 2009 3rd (the equivilant of a 2008 4th) on a conditional basis.
Conditions to meet:
1) Must be reinstated by June 1st
2) Cant recieve league disciplinary action til April 1st 2009.
3) Must play at least 50% of Cowboy D snaps.
4) Must be on Cowboy Roster April 1st 2009

The 2009 pick would range from 3 to 7 depending on the conditions met.

Thats actually a pretty goods scenario that I think would be fair to both teams.

Good job, you convinced me to sign on the dotted line:)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2015968 said:
Even if they just signed Pacman to a one year deal, he would still be a restricted free agent at the end of '08, no?

If so, then Dallas could keep him 2 years without significant cap issues.

Dam, I never though of that.

He does not get credit for a yrs service during his suspension, thus he only has 2 credited seasons right now, his rookie year, 2005, and 2006.

If we sign him to a one-year, vet min contract he will only have 3 credited seasons even though he will have been in the NFL for 4 seasons.

Thus, you are 100% correct that he will be a RESTRICTED free agent.

Good job noticing that:)

juck

Reaction score
well so far nothing has went down,period point blank.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2016532 said:
Hos, what do Period Point Blank means?

Or is it another case of athletes should be seen and not heard?

Let me tell you, reading quotes by athletes is no walk in the cake.
Did you hear Pacman's interview with Michael Irvin and Kevin Kiley? He said "period point blank" a lot. So I was just mocking him a little. You know what a mocker I am. Mock drafts, mocking birds, mocking CBs and their catch phrases. Cold blooded stuff like that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2016503 said:

Silly, I agree, but Catch, I beliee, really cares about the Cowboy image, and that is to be admired.

But even with tank and perhaps Pac-Man, we're no Raiders. We're not even a U of Miami, so I think we can all rest easy.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2016008 said:
Ayodele does not fit Wade's defense, how can you not see that?

Funny, he started every game last year. Did ya miss that part?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2015989 said:
I imagine that hes not happy that hes going to lose his starting spot. if thats the case its best to let him go somewhere he can start and he would start in Tennessee

Weren't you the one who was on his jock hard this time 2 years ago? I recall arguing with you about how he wasn't an MLB (I argued the OLB perspective).

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
abersonc;2016584 said:
Funny, he started every game last year. Did ya miss that part?

Ayodele is not a bad player and its really disapointing to see people bash him like he was just some lazy bum or something.

On every team you need role players and Ayodele was good in his role.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vintage;2016524 said:

I agree wholeheartedly. TO was signed on a weekend and it was all over the place. If it's the Cowboys, it's big news, even with March Madness going on.