"Period Point Blank" Expect The Trade To Happen Today

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ZeroClub;2015710 said:
I know that it now seems quite likely that this trade is going to come off, but if you step back a little bit, it really is a surprising move.

Heck, it was just last draft day that the Cowboys (and the majority of cowboyszone posters) were dead set against picking the CB from UNLV with first round talent (Eric Wright) in the 2nd round due to his personal baggage.

And yet Adam Jones, a guy whose baggage has baggage, a guy who makes Antonio Bryant look stable, a guy who Tank Johnson looks at and says "at least I'm not that screwed up," is now set to join the team.

That new stadium is amazingly big. Maybe Jerry built a psychiatric ward under one of those endzones.

:bow: Post of the day, easily.

You could FAR more easily argue that Wright wouldn't get in any more trouble compared to the Pacster.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Hostile;2015492 said:
Adam "Pacman" Jones will probably be a Dallas Cowboy by the end of the day. The only thing left to work out is compensation for him. The Titans want something in return for a guy who was the 6th pick in his draft class. They also want to sever ties with him and his past.

That is where the boat is stuck on the sandbar waiting for the tide. Who gives in first and opens the floodgates to allow more water in the reservoir?

There are various reports out there as to what the teams are offering and asking. There is one irrefutable fact in this equation. Pacman is still suspended by the NFL, and Jerry will be using that trump card to keep the price down. Especially if he may not be reisntated until July as has been hinted.

Now, the question becomes, if it isn't until July and Pacman misses the OTAs and Mini Camps, how does that handicap the Cowboys getting him acclimated to the Defense before Training Camp in Oxnard?

That is why I think it is today that this happens. The Owners meetings will be held in Florida to discuss the schedule in 2008, Compensatory picks, etc. What better time is there for Jerry to get in the Commissioner's ear about reinstatement?

I think the trade happens before they head to Florida. If it doesn't, I imagine it will be while they are there together and can work out the details.

Period point blank...I'd rather he work out a trade for Roy Williams while he is there and have this one done today. Tenessee seems motivated. That may help it happen.

You guys need to lay off Hos. I remind you that he said "Jones will PROBABLY be a a Dallas Cowboy by the end of the day," and "I THINK the trade happens before they head to Florida." "If it DOESN'T, I IMAGINE it will be while they are there together...."

The "Period point blank" was a quote from "Adam."

The trade should have been worked out today and the fact it didn't raises another question.

Does Fisher really want to get rid of Adam? I know all of the things he SAID but does he really want to get rid of him or is he playing to the gallery (fans)?

He could get on his soap box and proclaim to the world while Adam was under suspension and wasn't allowed to play that he was cutting ties and they were moving on without Adam, etc., etc., because Adam couldn't play anyway. It sounded good to the fans who were tired of the circus and all of the baggage.

It sounded good to the Commish and the other owners, etc.

However, when Adam's suspension is nearly over and he is about to be given the green light to play again, the paradigm shifts.

A few days ago I heard he would take a 7th rounder for Adam. Then a sixth round. Then he wanted a 3rd rounder. Then he wanted a pick AND a player. Then he couldn't just give up the 6th overall pick in the draft without getting compensation. At first Adam was such damaged goods until he was through with him and a 7th would get him. Now he is such a talented player and was such a high pick until he can't just give him away.

Now, the fans are jumping on Fisher's wagon and wanting a lot for Adam. I suppose he is no longer damaged goods. I suppose that now he is the rock of Gibralter and can be counted on. Now the only question on the table is Adam's talent and proper compensation.

Now Fisher can say he WANTED to trade him; he TRIED to trade him but for the sake of the team and the fans he wasn't going to give him away. The fans can rationalize and say if the Cowboys thought Adam could be rehabilitated then why shouldn't they keep him now since he has probably learned his lesson. Fisher can keep him without taking the heat because he wanted and tried to do something but he wouldn't be pushed into a bad deal.

If I were Jerry, I would say, I WANTED to make a trade and I TRIED to make a trade but I wouldn't trade a good player with no baggage and give a pick when Adam is still under suspension for another 3 months, and there is no guarantee that he will be given permission after three more months. The asking price was too high under all of those circumstances. Therefore the deal is dead. I would walk. If anything happened in the future they would come to me. Period. Point Blank.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rockytop6;2016828 said:
You guys need to lay off Hos. I remind you that he said "Jones will PROBABLY be a a Dallas Cowboy by the end of the day," and "I THINK the trade happens before they head to Florida." "If it DOESN'T, I IMAGINE it will be while they are there together...."

The "Period point blank" was a quote from "Adam."

The trade should have been worked out today and the fact it didn't raises another question.

Does Fisher really want to get rid of Adam? I know all of the things he SAID but does he really want to get rid of him or is he playing to the gallery (fans)?

He could get on his soap box and proclaim to the world while Adam was under suspension and wasn't allowed to play that he was cutting ties and they were moving on without Adam, etc., etc., because Adam couldn't play anyway. It sounded good to the fans who were tired of the circus and all of the baggage.

It sounded good to the Commish and the other owners, etc.

However, when Adam's suspension is nearly over and he is about to be given the green light to play again, the paradigm shifts.

A few days ago I heard he would take a 7th rounder for Adam. Then a sixth round. Then he wanted a 3rd rounder. Then he wanted a pick AND a player. Then he couldn't just give up the 6th overall pick in the draft without getting compensation. At first Adam was such damaged goods until he was through with him and a 7th would get him. Now he is such a talented player and was such a high pick until he can't just give him away.

Now, the fans are jumping on Fisher's wagon and wanting a lot for Adam. I suppose he is no longer damaged goods. I suppose that now he is the rock of Gibralter and can be counted on. Now the only question on the table is Adam's talent and proper compensation.

Now Fisher can say he WANTED to trade him; he TRIED to trade him but for the sake of the team and the fans he wasn't going to give him away. The fans can rationalize and say if the Cowboys thought Adam could be rehabilitated then why shouldn't they keep him now since he has probably learned his lesson. Fisher can keep him without taking the heat because he wanted and tried to do something but he wouldn't be pushed into a bad deal.

If I were Jerry, I would say, I WANTED to make a trade and I TRIED to make a trade but I wouldn't trade a good player with no baggage and give a pick when Adam is still under suspension for another 3 months, and there is no guarantee that he will be given permission after three more months. The asking price was too high under all of those circumstances. Therefore the deal is dead. I would walk. If anything happened in the future they would come to me. Period. Point Blank.
I don't mind the teasing or discussion.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2016778 said:
:bow: Post of the day, easily.

You could FAR more easily argue that Wright wouldn't get in any more trouble compared to the Pacster.
I think it's apples and oranges myself.

When you're drafting, we already know how tough it is to find a guy straight out of college who can be a consistent contributor. Out of a team's 7 draft picks each year, you have what 3-4 who make the team or contribute on average? The character issues are a MUCH bigger concern at the draft than they are in this case IMO.

Jones is a player. There's no doubt about it. The only question becomes whether his talent outweighs the risk you take that he will get into more trouble and be suspended. But if he plays, he's going to be a huge help.

With a draft pick, you have the character concerns, plus the possibility that the kid is a bust. At that point it's not worth throwing a lot of guaranteed money when you don't know what kind of player you're getting.

Another thing is I'm sure this contract we sign Jones to will be one that helps to alleviate the risk of signing a bad apple. You typically don't have that luxury with rookies, especially first day draft picks.

Reaction score
Anyone ever wonder if the Commish will look at this trade as Jones being the only owner attempting to trade for Jones before he makes a final decision in July? The other 31 teams have backed off, I feel out of respect to Goodell. He might look at this as another sign of Jerry going off the Reservation, and deny "Pacman" just to show who's running the Show.

Just a thought.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
"Period Point Blank" Expect The Trade To Happen Today

014a_gryllus-_LE_SLIDE.jpg

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I agree with what Rockytop said, Fisher is trying to milk draft picks for pacman, if you noticed, like rockytop first said, fisher did say he would take a 7th, then next thing you know its a 5th, then a 3rd now and possibly a player.

If i was Jerry Jones I would see through Fishers bull crap, and tell him take my deal or i walk, and you can sit on it, and not get nothing. From what i heard also, new orleans is only offering a 6th or 7th.

So, I would tell fisher, enough of your bull crap, take it or leave it, quit playing games.

Because you dont know when goodell the big chicken, yes, i call him a whimp due to what he did with the patriots, when a big boy is challenging him, he backs down, i refer to his own words he told wade wilson, coaches are to be held accountable, higher than players, so he docked him 33% of his salary, and he made him sit out 5 games. Did goodell the whimp do that with belicheck, no way.

To top that off he had the tapes destroyed without even looking at them, he had nfl personnel look at them. But when it comes to lesser teams or players, he sticks it to them, because he knows if he does what he should in dealing out punishment to the patriots, when it came for voting for him as commissioner he wouldnt get it. So, he docks players like pacman, tank johnson, wade wilson, lower team like 49ers for tampering with bears.

If anyone with any sense that cares about a football player should, he sees the cowboys make moves to get help for pacman like hiring michael irvis to counsel along with calvin hill, then that commissioner should realize, get that player in that facility as quickly as possible so he can work out, get help and work with the team.

Yet, i call another thing to your mind, do you know whom is on the football committee that rules on football changes, none other than Fisher, so see this way, if he doesnt get a higher pick for him, then he can sit, and wait, play a game, see if pacman straightens himself out, then he can have him play, you got to remember the commissioner now says he wont rule on pacman till july, which gives fisher time to see if pacman does adhere to league policy, if he gets a big trade like he wants, then he looks good, if pacman straightens out, he looks good, so its a no loose deal for fisher.

so, if i was the cowboys, i would say this is my final offer, take it or leave, it, next time, i wont call you, you can sit on your decision. Thats what i would do, because as it is pointed out, with pacman not being allowed to work out with the cowboys, get in shape, get counseling for irvin, calvin hill, then he might fail, so to me, that isnt what an nfl commissioner shouldnt do, but he is, so why should we or the cowboys give up a high draft choice, for a player that the commissioner might not even reinstate, until much much later, and then pacman gives up and gets in trouble again.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
abersonc;2016587 said:
Weren't you the one who was on his jock hard this time 2 years ago? I recall arguing with you about how he wasn't an MLB (I argued the OLB perspective).

Akin? I don't think so but who knows, I have been known to be argue for the sake of arguing from time to time.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
hey hos, i hope you are as wrong about McFadden as you were about this prediction.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
abersonc;2016584 said:
Funny, he started every game last year. Did ya miss that part?
I know he started every game, I actually watch the games and noticed he never made any plays, was a liability in pass defense, and ended up with 50+ tackles at a position in the Phillips defense that is expected to make the most on the team (in the 100+ area).

The head coach at the end of the season ended up saying something along the lines of he now knows what changes he needed to make to run the defense like it needed to be run. He then went out and signed Zach Thomas and admitted that the staff had talked about needing a player like him at that position even before he was released and were hoping that he would be released.

Some need to just face it that Ayodele is a solid player but he just does not fit this defense.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2016896 said:
If anyone with any sense that cares about a football player should, he sees the cowboys make moves to get help for pacman like hiring michael irvis to counsel along with calvin hill, then that commissioner should realize, get that player in that facility as quickly as possible so he can work out, get help and work with the team.
Jerry didn't hire Michael Irvin as a counselor, that was a joke thread. :muttley:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
conspiracy theory: Hos is right and the deal was done today but with the owners meetings coming up he did not wnat to upstage them.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Just because its you Hos im believing it. in the few years i've been here i think i've seen you wrong once MAAAAYBE twice

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
the kid 05;2017221 said:
Just because its you Hos im believing it. in the few years i've been here i think i've seen you wrong once MAAAAYBE twice
Oh a lot more than that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
the kid 05;2017221 said:

Hostile, who is going to win the NCAA basketball tournament?

I need a quick buck and I like your odds.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CATCH17;2017233 said:
Hostile, who is going to win the NCAA basketball tournament?

I need a quick buck and I like your odds.
North Carolina over UCLA.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Hostile;2017224 said:
Oh a lot more than that.

never heard you say you like fords so your still good in my book :).

any one thinking if their is a possible player being traded we might not have to give up a draft pick? Rather then a 7th and a player and the hick-up is a contract terms for the said player?