"Period Point Blank" Expect The Trade To Happen Today

burmafrd

Reaction score
Its ALMOST 11 in the morning here in Kuwait and have seen nothing on AFN which shows a lot of BSPN.

Woods

Reaction score
I went to bed several hours ago giving up.

But I think that if PacMan isn't signed today, Saturday, we may have to wait until after the Owners' Meeting.

Woods

Reaction score
Hostile;2017207 said:
I wonder what the hangup is?

I'm a bit surprised it's taking this long.

Maybe JJ is sticking to his guns and/or the Titans are not compromising on the draft pick they want? Hopefully this is done by today, Saturday.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;2015811 said:
My sources tell me it happens today, but keep in mind, I have no sources.

My sources are advising me that this deal will definitley NOT get done yesterday.

Carry on.

TOOMBS

Reaction score
Seriously guys, give the original poster a break. I know exactly what he was trying to do and to tell you the truth, I did the exact same thing because I share a lot in common with the OP.

You see, I am also a long-winded egomaniac who enjoys creating the illusion that I am a friggin football genius. I also have a small but loyal group of followers that love to keep me constantly fluffed and I am always looking for ways to impress them even more. I like to make pointless threads in which I refer to myself in the third person in the title and allude to the fact that I am "the" mad scientist of footbal with yet another wild idea that just might be crazy enough to work. The sole purpose of making threads like this is to throw sort of a bold, yet forgettable, claim out there far in advance and if it pans out, GREAT... if not, Shhhh! *Tip for those that want to give this a try* Bookmark every prediction thread you make (oh trust me, if Isaiah Stanback gets even one hand off next year, I will be bumping that beauty), and NEVER make a prediction in another person's thread. Also grandstand a little bit when you do it to create the mistique that you are sort of a big deal....

More tips! If you really want to pull this off right (making people think that you are an important football person) you need to pretend that you are highly connected in the professional football industry. Start saying things like, "my sources tell me", "this is inside info", "the other day my scout buddies were asking me what I thought about a prospect". Yeah that's right, the last one is genius because not only do I outright say that I have scout buddies, but I imply that they come to me for advice! Sure, some people will see through this and make fun of you, but there are some out there that will just eat that crap up..... try it! *VERY IMPORTANT* If anyone asks you for any verifiable info about your sources, just tell them that you cannot betray the trust of your friends (the pretend scouts). This also implies that you know CRAZY info that could get people fired (you can even play it up like you know who Deepthroat is too.....extra points).

So back to the point. I did the same thing as the original poster, but I said it would happen on Monday. I am taking a risk on not looking so good on this but I like my odds to impress my little followers by being right in a vague way (you know, like those psychics who work the crowd by saying, "Someone on this side of the room is named John and has lost a loved one.") I took the inevitable event of Pacman coming to Dallas, and then listened to football reporters with "real" inside sources and when they said that Pacman will be traded to Dallas sometime between Friday and Monday, I jumped on Monday (haha I mean, my sources told me Monday!). It's kind of a no lose. If I nail it, I'm a genius and if not, then WHEN IT DOES within a day or two, I can still say, "Ohhhhhh, I was so close".

SO COME ON JERRY LET'S GET THIS DONE! YOU ARE MAKING ME LOOK BAD!!

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
CATCH17;2015502 said:
I hope it happens on the weekend so it wont be the head story on all the National media shows/papers

Well the National Media angle is the angle we should all expect from Jerry, nothing less. That's the angle he works in. Figure Pacman to be signed at the most opportunistic time possible for Jerry and The Dallas Cowboy to monopolize on the press that will be available.

Hell, if he could wait for Election Day to do this, I could see it. Consider March Sweeps, which I'm starting to think we're in right now. Or whichever else Jerry thinks he could piggy-back this deal on top of.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Sarge;2017388 said:
My sources are advising me that this deal will definitley NOT get done yesterday.

Carry on.

Period, point blank? :confused:

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
It will be on Tuesday...right in time for April fools´day joke.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
TOOMBS;2017464 said:
Seriously guys, give the original poster a break. I know exactly what he was trying to do and to tell you the truth, I did the exact same thing because I share a lot in common with the OP.

You see, I am also a long-winded egomaniac who enjoys creating the illusion that I am a friggin football genius. I also have a small but loyal group of followers that love to keep me constantly fluffed and I am always looking for ways to impress them even more. I like to make pointless threads in which I refer to myself in the third person in the title and allude to the fact that I am "the" mad scientist of footbal with yet another wild idea that just might be crazy enough to work. The sole purpose of making threads like this is to throw sort of a bold, yet forgettable, claim out there far in advance and if it pans out, GREAT... if not, Shhhh! *Tip for those that want to give this a try* Bookmark every prediction thread you make (oh trust me, if Isaiah Stanback gets even one hand off next year, I will be bumping that beauty), and NEVER make a prediction in another person's thread. Also grandstand a little bit when you do it to create the mistique that you are sort of a big deal....

More tips! If you really want to pull this off right (making people think that you are an important football person) you need to pretend that you are highly connected in the professional football industry. Start saying things like, "my sources tell me", "this is inside info", "the other day my scout buddies were asking me what I thought about a prospect". Yeah that's right, the last one is genius because not only do I outright say that I have scout buddies, but I imply that they come to me for advice! Sure, some people will see through this and make fun of you, but there are some out there that will just eat that crap up..... try it! *VERY IMPORTANT* If anyone asks you for any verifiable info about your sources, just tell them that you cannot betray the trust of your friends (the pretend scouts). This also implies that you know CRAZY info that could get people fired (you can even play it up like you know who Deepthroat is too.....extra points).

So back to the point. I did the same thing as the original poster, but I said it would happen on Monday. I am taking a risk on not looking so good on this but I like my odds to impress my little followers by being right in a vague way (you know, like those psychics who work the crowd by saying, "Someone on this side of the room is named John and has lost a loved one.") I took the inevitable event of Pacman coming to Dallas, and then listened to football reporters with "real" inside sources and when they said that Pacman will be traded to Dallas sometime between Friday and Monday, I jumped on Monday (haha I mean, my sources told me Monday!). It's kind of a no lose. If I nail it, I'm a genius and if not, then WHEN IT DOES within a day or two, I can still say, "Ohhhhhh, I was so close".

Don't attack any of the forum bottom feeders... just go right for the admin. :eek: :confused:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2017511 said:
Don't attack any of the forum bottom feeders... just go right for the admin. :eek: :confused:
It was brilliant though huh? I loved that. Outstanding post. I'll be sitting on an ice bucket today if anyone is looking for me. Buckshot stings a bit.

I would like to point out that I never said "sources" were telling me or anything like that. It was what I was expecting. The title doesn't make that too clear but the body of the original post does.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
TOOMBS;2017464 said:

Dude why would you come in here and stink up the place. You obviously seldom post or comment, and one of the few times you do, you rant about ridiculous assumptions.

Go somewhere that you are welcome. Or have you already worn out your welcome elsewhere, and that is why you are laying a turd in a domain that many of us call home.

Take a hike. :rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2017576 said:
Dude why would you come in here and stink up the place. You obviously seldom post or comment, and one of the few times you do, you rant about ridiculous assumptions.

Go somewhere that you are welcome. Or have you already worn out your welcome elsewhere, and that is why you are laying a turd in a domain that many of us call home.

Take a hike. :rolleyes:
He doesn't like me and never has, but I really did think the post was funny.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2017584 said:
He doesn't like me and never has, but I really did think the post was funny.

I just think some people need to misbehave somewhere that poor behavior is acceptable. I know most of us here wouldn't tolerate that sort of thing.

You're far more considerate than I am Hos.