Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Apologize? For doubting the Front Office? Why would we need to apologize for that? It isn't like they have earned our trust over the last 22 years. Considering our recent past from a free agency standpoint, we all had the right to doubt them. And considering that basically the entire first week went by without any activity and was complicated by the fact that our braintrust was on vacation in the Bahamas, it was completely legitimate to doubt them. There were a lot of people, myself included, that were critical of the Jones gang for appearing to be in the mode of same old, same old. With a lot of critical holes, too many to be filled by just free agency or the draft, it was frustrating to see them look like they were going to put all their eggs into the draft basket.

Looking at our team, we had critical needs at OG, LB, S and DT. In reality we need at least two starting level LB's. We had a significant need at Swing Tackle. Lesser needs at WR, RB, QB and TE. We wanted to build a more "Dak Friendly" offense, which to me means better pass protection and more options. In doing so, I think the easiest path to do with was through free agency, so as we have seen things unfold, I do think the FO is getting it right. To me it always seems like the offense takes longer to gel, with the possible exception of the secondary. Young guys seem to be able to come in frequently on the defensive side and make their presence felt. Outside of RB, it is hard for rookies to do the same on the offense.

The front office has at least built a foundation to have better talent on the field than we did a year ago, so kudos to them for doing that. We have filled the holes at OG, swing Tackle and WR. Hopefully we have at least one more move left to target the LB or S position. If we did that, I would feel really good about our position headed into the draft.

I really don't think Joe Thomas is anything more than a 5th or 6th LB. We still need guys that can be 3rd and 4th in my opinion, the great news is that LB is generally a position with a lot of talent and it isn't hard to get good play from young guys there. Safety is the spot that I think we need to use any remaining free agent money at. The market is overstocked and we should be able to get an upgrade for a reasonable price.

I don't think anyone should be screaming dream team or Super Bowl at this time, but we certainly should feel better about the team's chances to compete at a high level. Hoping the positive mojo carries over into the draft, which should be insane since it is happening in the Big D.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I am sorry, I only have one opening at this time. You and Bleu Star will have to out brag one another. I give you the edge because he's only 99.9% and we don't accept slackers and that "one of the nicest ppl" was a red flag for sure.
There is no way I let those two imitators outdo me as Self-Important and Superior.
I demand we name ourselves SIS. That'll show the womenfolk.
And let's be honest, I was decreed by God(like a true Monarch) to be President of this troupe.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Quick message to the IGC. (Instant gratification crew)

Get off of IG, stop painting your faces with Snapchat filters, snap a few less selfies... & go outside. The air is amazing. Go breathe it and clear your IGC minds.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Quick message to the IGC. (Instant gratification crew)

Get off of IG, stop painting your faces with Snapchat filters, snap a few less selfies... & go outside. The air is amazing. Go breathe it and clear your IGC minds.
Now, referring to instant gratification with this team is hilarious. Joke of the day right there. Kudos

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no way I let those two imitators outdo me as Self-Important and Superior.
And let's be honest, I was decreed by God(like a true Monarch) to be President of this troupe.
Well, it seems to be shaping up nicely. We need to rent the Hall of Mirrors for our first meeting. I like to look in the mirror to see just how much my reflection enjoys looking at me and vice versa.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
tumblr_nkbjxdm5G61tq4of6o1_500.gif

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Lol.. well we do have a contingent that views things that way.
Well, honestly, what do you expect? Fans have been wishing for a defense for years. Romo couldn’t win because he never had a defense from what is claimed and from what I read from fans. Some fans don’t want Garrett or Marineli to be held accountable because of a “lack of talent”. And this goes on for years and years.

You have a potential difference maker out there and we’re afraid to use a little cap space in the future to bring him in. Odds are we will have another year of a soft defense and more excuses. But let’s praise
that front office and seek instant gratification over an 8 year period. What is being patient...15 years?

risco

Reaction score
Why should you owe them an apology? You wanted them to go out and improve the team and they finally did. Nothing to apologize for unless you boldly predicted it couldn’t be done and then you need to eat a little crow. :thumbup:
:laugh::lmao: Could not have said it better.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Apologize for what? They are supposed to try and improve the team and I’m not sure what these signings do specifically. Hurns has talent but has been injured and has posted the numbers of a 2-3 WR. That’s our one big move. We lost a lot more than we gained this offseason and we still don’t know who is staying at WR. Stephen admitted they failed in FA the last few years and until I see the product in motion I’ll wait to get on my knees. There is a track record to consider. No one expected them to do nothing but jury is out on how this affects us.

Proof

Reaction score
Just because they didn’t sign someone immediately doesn’t mean they weren’t engaged in the process immediately. We know they talked to Watkins early on, and for All we know they may have started the dialogue with Hurns and Fleming long before their visits were reported in the press.

Well they couldn’t have discussed with Hurns early on because he wasn’t released yet. And it’s besides the point. The frustrations and negativity were based on their typical approach, played out consistently over the years. Maybe it’s changing, and maybe this off-season is an indication of that. Don’t know, and won’t give then the benefit of the doubt.

Reaction score
I will raise my hand because I like the second tier guys we signed, and we appear to be addressing the obvious problems (WR, OL, passing game scheme)... My biggest complaint about the FO still stands, though: we had a 4 year window (now 2) with a starting QB and franchise RB on rookie contracts. This is the time you are the most aggressive in free agency and trades to make a super bowl run. Maybe we tried a bit more this year (with Watkins), but there were still trades and first tier signings to have been made.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Only time will tell if some or any of these moves work out. The Cowboys have had very few free agent signing’s make a significant impact. The players that have made significant impacts have been in the draft.

Jumbo075

Reaction score

SIS? Transgender...

We'll call you Caitlyn.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Well, it seems to be shaping up nicely. We need to rent the Hall of Mirrors for our first meeting. I like to look in the mirror to see just how much my reflection enjoys looking at me and vice versa.
I look at and comb my beard so much that it drives the womenfolk in the house crazy.
We really shall get along well.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Well, honestly, what do you expect? Fans have been wishing for a defense for years. Romo couldn’t win because he never had a defense from what is claimed and from what I read from fans. Some fans don’t want Garrett or Marineli to be held accountable because of a “lack of talent”. And this goes on for years and years.

You have a potential difference maker out there and we’re afraid to use a little cap space in the future to bring him in. Odds are we will have another year of a soft defense and more excuses. But let’s praise
that front office and seek instant gratification over an 8 year period. What is being patient...15 years?
I think you mistook my response. You might want to dig back further in the thread.

Some here want us to kiss the feet of the FO for making two decent FA moves. I firmly believe in results.... & there have been none for several years now.

So, while the IGC takes a collective knee and kisses the toe, I will continue to stand with my arms folded and a raised eyebrow...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I think you mistook my response. You might want to dig back further in the thread.

Some here want us to kiss the feet of the FO for making two decent FA moves. I firmly believe in results.... & there have been none for several years now.

So, while the IGC takes a collective knee and kisses the toe, I will continue to stand with my arms folded and a raised eyebrow...
I did indeed. I apologize. :thumbup: