Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I don't think it's time to fly the mission accomplished banner just yet. Still a ton of holes on defense.

Of course. We have no right to reach into the past to discuss the now and future. Shame on us.

Move along folks.... There's nothing to see here. The Cowboys have drafted a couple of contributing FAs. We are going back to the Chip!

zAW5WOO.jpg

Last edited:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I understand what the OP was getting at. Sweet. They've done some things in FA that DIDN'T sink the franchise. Do they get a cookie? I mean, FA isn't over, OTA's aren't over and neither is training camp, the preseason or season. After it's over we can take a look and make an assessment.
So no, we shouldn't go all in on the hate train, but the staff has done noting to congratulate them for either.

And most fans can't help but to assume it's going to end the same way if has for the better part of a decade. Why wouldn't they?
I agree.....they go so far with the inactivity and silence that when they throw us a bone it feels so good

I like Hurns, Flemming and even Thompson for his top speed and JThomas for his depth but I wanted much more

I want a Suh or Mathieu or EThomas every now and then

We have spent 40m so far in cap space and have 35 more available......so the money is there
Go for:
Bowman/DJohnson
Suh/Logan
EThomas/Boston
TRawls

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Yep. I saw this this morning and it was a little eye opening. It's a comparison of Hurns and Watkins stats over their careers.

Hurns_Sammy.png

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...r-stat-line-with-sammy-watkins-is-eye-opening

Maybe I'm crazy but I think we got the better deal.....................by a long shot.

Teams don't hand out contracts based on past performance. They hand them out based on future expectations. It's fair to say that the Chiefs have higher future expectations for former top 5 pick Sammy Watkins than the Cowboys have for former undrafted Allen Hurns.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If this is all some have to "suffer" with, I truly envy them. And the entitlement issue gets carried away. They do not owe us anything, it is their team to do with as they wish and we are merely observers. However, it is fun to critique every move as if our very existence is dependent on the success of the Dallas Cowboys.

Entitled? You'll be pleased to discover that there are many other things we all "suffer" with aside from the failures of this team. You'll have to forgive some here for being passionate enough to express ourselves but I believe this website welcomes the opinions of all it's members in its entirety. If there are those you'd like to avoid, it's probably wise to skip over them and read only what pleases you. What a novel idea! I happen to believe the FO owes their fans their money's worth. I don't think that's asking too much.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand everything I need to. Keep drinking the koolaid and being disappointed. It’s noble work you’re doing.

You just admitted you aren’t a thinking man - anyone who thinks they already know everything they need quit learning a long time back.

The kool aid argument is a common among people like that. You hear it from people who don’t bother to hear what is being said - whose viewpoint is that either a person has to believe everything is always wrong, or everything is always right. They aren’t willing to use their head to understand there are a boatload of levels in between. It’s a lazy viewpoint to not even make the effort to think about that.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Entitled? You'll be pleased to discover that there are many other things we all "suffer" with aside from the failures of this team. You'll have to forgive some here for being passionate enough to express ourselves but I believe this website welcomes the opinions of all it's members in its entirety. If there are those you'd like to avoid, it's probably wise to skip over them and read only what pleases you. What a novel idea!

Yes, it welcomes all opinions, even irrational ones. And we are free to mock your irrationality.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Teams don't hand out contracts based on past performance. They hand them out based on future expectations. It's fair to say that the Chiefs have higher future expectations for former top 5 pick Sammy Watkins than the Cowboys have for former undrafted Allen Hurns.
Well they better have higher expectations of Watkins. They paid the dude as if he's actually proven to be something special in this league. Thus far, I don't see it for a former top five 5. His career arch has been pretty closely mirrored by an UDFA. Top 5 picks that are worth the money, typically don't find themselves on their third team in five years. the Chiefs can have him (and his salary). I'll take Hurns.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. I saw this this morning and it was a little eye opening. It's a comparison of Hurns and Watkins stats over their careers.

Hurns_Sammy.png

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...r-stat-line-with-sammy-watkins-is-eye-opening

Maybe I'm crazy but I think we got the better deal.....................by a long shot.
Watkins has been nothing but a bust compared to where he was picked, mainly because he can't stay on the field and always seemed to have some nagging injury but that is a major part of the game.. That could certainly change but if the intention was for him to replace Dez as the #1, that would have been a high risk move.

Hurns can make Dez better and help the corps as he did with Robinson and Lee in JAX. And Hurns, obviously, wants to be a Cowboy a lot more than Watkins who wouldn't even give the Cowboys the chance to match or exceed the offer. That matters a lot to me because I think one of the mojo's for Dak in his rookie season was the fact he wanted to be a Cowboy and had all of his life. To me, that was the intangible of his first year.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Apologize?
I just re-watched the Rams game
Seeing our staff get owned in the second half as happened all year.
The architects are still here.
I will grade them on FA when we start the season
So no, not yet

So that’s not the FO but the coaching right?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sitting back and hoping there are still quality players available, and that we will get them.

Similar to their approach to rb in 15. Let Demarco walk because the draft was loaded, but then the board didn’t break our way so we left empty handed after playing hardball with the opoy. They have a consistent philosophy of banking on possibilities.

Just because they didn’t sign someone immediately doesn’t mean they weren’t engaged in the process immediately. We know they talked to Watkins early on, and for All we know they may have started the dialogue with Hurns and Fleming long before their visits were reported in the press.

Dre11

Reaction score
in all fairness...the Rams dismantled many teams last year and made opposing coaching staffs look silly.So while I feel your anguish and dismay...at some point you just have to tip your hat to the other team and coaches for kicking your butt. We got beat and the difference wasn't coaching...it was a decisive arse kicking in the second half. We can always be better,but that wasn't on the staff. We simply lacked the horses.

So when we made coaches look silly 2013 with two rookies and suspect defense and we did better than the rams, we we're lucky or it was an anomaly?

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Kudos -- I gave you a "like" for admitting it.

I'm also very smart, uncommonly good looking, the women adore me, men want to be like me. I'm talented, glib, charming and a natural leader. Unfortunately, all those superior traits lead to me being "rude and snobbish." Sometimes.