Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They did exactly what they’ve done each of the last five years. I don’t know that apologies are owed, but anybody whose surprised ought to re-evaluate their own pattern recognition abilities. Some of you guys might be the worst Simon players ever.

Agreed.. Hurns offers some quality though but they won’t get it out of him.

Hurns I think has more to do with bringing in competition to a group of guys that are balking at the scheme.

He can play the slot, X, or Z so he’s in direct competition with just about everyone.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So when we made coaches look silly 2013 with two rookies and suspect defense and we did better than the rams, we we're lucky or it was an anomaly?
We were just sound..and balanced. Problem is the rest of the league adjusted and improved,and we stayed status quo. In this league you must change or be left in the dust. Its a hard lesson. I will say this.Losing Doug Free and Ron Leary hurt. We never fully replaced them we lost some quality up front. That said...we never inproved last offseason...ie getting a speedy receiver.Thats why you see us doing what we are doing THIS OFFSEASON. We are FINALLY adjusting. So in 2016...we were good...we imposed our will on teams...this year,THEY ADJUSTED and we never did. END OF STORY. WE LACKED HORSES.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Chiefs were insanely agressive and overpaid for the guys they wanted as FA started.
They added the "name" talent many clamor for here but it may well end up killing them in the end.
Htichens was not worth 9m per and Watkins was definitely not worth that monster deal.

All that said the Chiefs have a superstar young QB and I can defintely see Watkins putting up massive numbers with a guy like Pat throwing him bombs.

I am a huge fan of the Tyler, Texas kid Mahomes and really hope the Chiefs haven't screwed up his chances for success the next 4-5 years by being cap stupid.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm also very smart, uncommonly good looking, the women adore me, men want to be like me. I'm talented, glib, charming and a natural leader. Unfortunately, all those superior traits lead to me being "rude and snobbish." Sometimes.

Yeah, I'm sure you're a real gem. Good for you. :rolleyes:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm also very smart, uncommonly good looking, the women adore me, men want to be like me. I'm talented, glib, charming and a natural leader. Unfortunately, all those superior traits lead to me being "rude and snobbish." Sometimes.
:laugh::muttley::thumbup:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I share 99.9 perfect of those same traits. I guess that makes me rude & snobbish too. :popcorn:

I'm actually one of the nicest ppl you'll ever meet.
:dance:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We were just sound..and balanced. Problem is the rest of the league adjusted and improved,and we stayed status quo. In this league you must change or be left in the dust. Its a hard lesson. I will say this.Losing Doug Free and Ron Leary hurt. We never fully replaced them we lost some quality up front. That said...we never inproved last offseason...ie getting a speedy receiver.Thats why you see us doing what we are doing THIS OFFSEASON. We are FINALLY adjusting. So in 2016...we were good...we imposed our will on teams...this year,THEY ADJUSTED and we never did. END OF STORY. WE LACKED HORSES.
No.

We lost Leary(intended) and Free(unintended).
We lost DLaw four weeks.
We lost Irving 8 weeks.
We lost Zeke 6 weeks.
We lost Sean Lee 5 weeks.
We lost Tyron Smith 3 weeks and he played at 75% a few other times.
We lost Chido 6 weeks and he looked like our best CB the last month.
Dez played the year with a broken foot.

So it wasn't about fancy schemes or lack of getting better, it was about both sides of the ball suffering huge losses.

RamziD

Reaction score
Yes, I do. I think they ended up doing a pretty good job. Even the Thompson signing, I like. The first 2 (Oliwale and Thomas) felt like duds, but then it started to come together nicely.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No.

We lost Leary(intended) and Free(unintended).
We lost DLaw four weeks.
We lost Irving 8 weeks.
We lost Zeke 6 weeks.
We lost Sean Lee 5 weeks.
We lost Tyron Smith 3 weeks and he played at 75% a few other times.
We lost Chido 6 weeks and he looked like our best CB the last month.
Dez played the year with a broken foot.

So it wasn't about fancy schemes or lack of getting better, it was about both sides of the ball suffering huge losses.
WELL..thats my point. You articulated it better than I did...but yep...we had a mountain to climb and fell short. I'm encouraged because through all of that,WE STILL WON 9 BLOODY GAMES! So there is cause for much hope moving forward,without all the knee jerk reaction stuff.Good post.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Entitled? You'll be pleased to discover that there are many other things we all "suffer" with aside from the failures of this team. You'll have to forgive some here for being passionate enough to express ourselves but I believe this website welcomes the opinions of all it's members in its entirety. If there are those you'd like to avoid, it's probably wise to skip over them and read only what pleases you. What a novel idea! I happen to believe the FO owes their fans their money's worth. I don't think that's asking too much.
LMAO, you, obviously, haven't read much of my postings.

Every poster has the right to express themselves and even if it is a position I do not agree with, I do appreciate their right.

As far as the fans money's worth, I haven't spent a dime on the team in many years so my return on investment is huge.

Now, about that FO, is it for the lack of effort or mostly incompetency that they've come up short for most of those 20 seasons? Booger isn't like Bill Bidwell and trying to save money instead of building a team. He's just not very good at it.

It is the entitlement from the past that shades the future. I lived through the great times for the Cowboys but I do not think those Cowboys are these Cowboys. We were all used to being a contender, not a bystander. It takes an adjustment in thinking to accept that we are more like the Browns, Lions and Raiders than what we used to be and this FO is responsible for that but they own it and I am just an observer.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Hurns was cut - castoff (42 career starts)
Thomas was non tendered - castoff (8 career starts - last 2 yrs)
Thompson - JAG (16 career starts - last 2 yrs)
Fleming - hasn’t signed yet [Ann. Mon](20 career starts)
Martin - JAG & hasn’t signed yet [Ann. Mon](24 career starts)
Depth guys at the very least.

Beaker42

Reaction score
My son (Army Reserve Officer) got called up this past Monday, and will soon be shipping out to Afghanistan. The Cowboys are a welcome respite from "vain imaginations" for me.

Perspective.

Thoughts are w/ you Jumbo. May he return safely.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should form the SMS (Superior Men Society).
I am sorry, I only have one opening at this time. You and Bleu Star will have to out brag one another. I give you the edge because he's only 99.9% and we don't accept slackers and that "one of the nicest ppl" was a red flag for sure.

visionary

Reaction score
Dude it's unreal....

We're supposed to give them a cookie for everything from farting to waking up in the morning. Here guys. Here's a treat treat from the fans for brushing your teeth this morning. Great job!

Jerry and Stephen and Garrett have succeeded in lowering the expectations of this fan base so much it is sad

They are happy to applaud mediocrity

Pathetic
#superfans

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
smh now we have "fans" telling us how we can think...
Yup. Too hard to just offer a different opinion. We need a pacifier emoji.
Jerry and Stephen and Garrett have succeeded in lowering the expectations of this fan base so much it is sad

They are happy to applaud mediocrity

Pathetic
#superfans
Agreed. Winning championships to winning a playoff game to just making the playoffs to being in contention in week 16 & 17. The lowering of expectations has been sad. We are becoming an 8-8 fanbase.