Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Is bowman a LB? I saw the thread yesterday on Boston and thought we had him already. Judging from the tweets we may be close to something.

Could be working on it now that we restructures Witten contract. May do it to Dez also.
If we are indeed working on Bowman, Dez better put on his big boy pants and prepare to restructure (take a cut). That Dez conversation is going to happen....... Heck, it may be low key happening now.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we are so pathetic, i have seen this board get more excited OVER people that havent signed with us. YES DUDE ALMOST SIGNED WITH US WOO HOO!!!!!

And I have also seen fans rip the team for things that ended up never happening, so it’s not a one way street. Some ripped the team several days ago for completely missing out on free agency. Some for letting Hurns leave town with no hope of him signing with Dallas, for hiring Colombo as the O-Line coach ....is complaining about things before evening knowing if they will happen a better way to go? Is choosing to make yourself miserable before even knowing if there is anything to worry about somehow a more desirable quality than being hopeful?

glimmerman

Reaction score
If we are indeed working on Bowman, Dez better put on his big boy pants and prepare to restuexture (take a cut). That Dez conversation is going to happen....... Heck, it may be low key happening now.
I am sure he won’t have a problem restructuring. He won’t take a cut in pay. Free up some money and make a good signing or 2. Gets us space in draft.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Be the first to say yes, I owe them one.Think frustration got the best of us ...........It's not how you start, how you finish. So to Stephen, Jerry, and McClay .........job well done.

The apology should be to posters that said to be patient.

Proof

Reaction score
True on Hurns, but that furthers my point. Can’t sign a guy until he’s available, and once Watkins fell through they moved on to Hurns once he became available. And we know it was a minimum of a week ago that they started talking to Fleming because the reports that a visit was scheduled were out by then.

Don’t get me wrong though, I’m not at all saying Dallas has always played their cards right with free agency, and in fact I believe often they haven’t. But we do have to realize there is a lot going on behind the scenes that fans don’t know, and that when a media report hits that likely didn’t come from a situation that just cropped up moments before the reporter got the story.

Yeah I agree. I’m not claiming to know what they’ve done, or saying that when it seems like they’re not doing much that they can’t be. Just that until there’s a more consistent and obvious effort to do more than the bare minimum I’m going to (personally) be a little restless. Even if they pull a few rabbits out of a hat afterwards.

Also I pay little attention to media reports, I base my feelings off history, and now SJ’s own words and feelings since he’s become so much more active in stating exactly their intents.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
And I have also seen fans rip the team for things that ended up never happening, so it’s not a one way street. Some ripped the team several days ago for completely missing out on free agency. Some for letting Hurns leave town with no hope of him signing with Dallas, for hiring Colombo as the O-Line coach ....is complaining about things before evening knowing if they will happen a better way to go? Is choosing to make yourself miserable before even knowing if there is anything to worry about somehow a more desirable quality than being hopeful?

it has nothing to do with being miserable, its what the organization has sunk to. huge difference. and some are going to pump everything the team does and some are going to complain and some are going to point out facts. its perspective.

and yes right now as the team is going, its better to complain because Garrett and Company has not changed the minds of this team doing better when Wade phillips was run out for a lot less. Reemmber when Zimmer sucked? T New, WAre, but guys would defend Spencer?

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
If someone still doesn’t criticize the FO even after making moves one would think the FO office might get comfortable. I expect to still see criticism around here and this time it’s for the team!

http://i1070.***BLOCKED***/albums/u483/tchristie021/B3F455F8-AA09-403D-8E8B-78406758A274_zpsd7g1on9a.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't know about a "good" signing, but I sure didn't think Carroll would be such a horrible signing.

He was a woeful signing. They misguidedly thought he would find himself playing their zone schemes.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
They let the first panic wave pass and have cleaned up nice. And the Eagles got a big legal issue on their hands. Love it

Jumbo075

Reaction score
we are so pathetic, i have seen this board get more excited OVER people that havent signed with us. YES DUDE ALMOST SIGNED WITH US WOO HOO!!!!!

I wasn't excited last week, when all the free agents were being overpaid. I'm not excited this week about the depth signings the Cowboys made (for players who are STILL overpaid.) I don't get excited in free agency because if the Cowboys DO sign a big name, it automatically means they overpaid. If they don't, then it means there are holes still needing to be filled. So, that is why I focus on the draft.

I don't think ANY of the players signed will alter the Cowboys plans for the draft in any way.

Sydla

Reaction score
I like Hurns and Fleming, so that’s better than they normally do IMO.

The rest seem like dumpster dives again for the most part.

Now throw in a Boston or Bowman or maybe a Logan, it’s a very nice finish to a not great but more than adequate offseason.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Be the first to say yes, I owe them one.Think frustration got the best of us ...........It's not how you start, how you finish. So to Stephen, Jerry, and McClay .........job well done.
There are people here that can't sleep well at night without crying like newborns about the Cowboys FO inaction.
I have my issues with some of our FO moves too, but some of these folks were in wrist slitting mode after a couple of days of FA...and its the same every year.
To each his own, I guess.

visionary

Reaction score
I don't know about a "good" signing, but I sure didn't think Carroll would be such a horrible signing.

Exactly

jjktkk in 2017 off season

Cowboys signed him?
I don't know anything about him but who cares
Get the pitchforks and crucify people saying it's a bad signing
Blind homers unite !!

:lmao::facepalm:

coult44

Reaction score
I am Happy about Hurns if he's the #2. He's better than all the guys except for Dez. Him and Dez along with Beez and an occasional TWill could be scary for some teams. Can' be a 1 though, what body catcher is?

Fleming is a huge upgrade over Chaz. But any of us would be also. He was the 3rd option ROT on the Pats. I hope playing along side our other four will turn him into a great signing. I'm encouraged but not doing cartwheels yet.

The other guys are bargain basement pickups. More of the same that we will have to hope make the team any better at all.

Overall , I feel better than last week, but after 23 losing seasons, I'm not apologizing for being critical of this FO