Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well they better have higher expectations of Watkins. They paid the dude as if he's actually proven to be something special in this league. Thus far, I don't see it for a former top five 5. His career arch has been pretty closely mirrored by an UDFA. Top 5 picks that are worth the money, typically don't find themselves on their third team in five years. the Chiefs can have him (and his salary). I'll take Hurns.

on point..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well they couldn’t have discussed with Hurns early on because he wasn’t released yet. And it’s besides the point. The frustrations and negativity were based on their typical approach, played out consistently over the years. Maybe it’s changing, and maybe this off-season is an indication of that. Don’t know, and won’t give then the benefit of the doubt.

True on Hurns, but that furthers my point. Can’t sign a guy until he’s available, and once Watkins fell through they moved on to Hurns once he became available. And we know it was a minimum of a week ago that they started talking to Fleming because the reports that a visit was scheduled were out by then.

Don’t get me wrong though, I’m not at all saying Dallas has always played their cards right with free agency, and in fact I believe often they haven’t. But we do have to realize there is a lot going on behind the scenes that fans don’t know, and that when a media report hits that likely didn’t come from a situation that just cropped up moments before the reporter got the story.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only time will tell if some or any of these moves work out. The Cowboys have had very few free agent signing’s make a significant impact. The players that have made significant impacts have been in the draft.
Haley and Deion, or isn’t that recent enough for you. :)

glimmerman

Reaction score
The made a few nice moves. Keep it up all way till preseason. Get this OC to draw up some plays. Quit being so predictable.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Now we are pretty much done I think in FA. We may have 1 more decent signing in us,then its on to the draft,then the june 1 cuts. That's where we can find another vet to add to the mix. PATIENCE.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Now we are pretty much done I think in FA. We may have 1 more decent signing in us,then its on to the draft,then the june 1 cuts. That's where we can find another vet to add to the mix. PATIENCE.
Wondering about a safety. Boston perhaps or Reid if he isn’t blacklisted by owners. No big names left in DT except suh and I don’t like that idea from money or distraction stand point.

Is there any good LB left out there?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wondering about a safety. Boston perhaps or Reid if he isn’t blacklisted my owners. No big names left in DT except suh and I don’t like that idea from money or distraction stand point.
First...PASS on Suh...not worth the money. Reid is a OK box safety..he is what he is. Boston is that guy that can still be special...and be had on a 2 year prove it deal...cap friendly. I also want Bowman.

glimmerman

Reaction score
First...PASS on Suh...not worth the money. Reid is a OK box safety..he is what he is. Boston is that guy that can still be special...and be had on a 2 year prove it deal...cap friendly. I also want Bowman.
Is bowman a LB? I saw the thread yesterday on Boston and thought we had him already. Judging from the tweets we may be close to something.

Could be working on it now that we restructures Witten contract. May do it to Dez also.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
we are so pathetic, i have seen this board get more excited OVER people that havent signed with us. YES DUDE ALMOST SIGNED WITH US WOO HOO!!!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Is bowman a LB? I saw the thread yesterday on Boston and thought we had him already. Judging from the tweets we may be close to something.

Could be working on it now that we restructures Witten contract. May do it to Dez also.
YES..hes a LB...and Boston,Bowman are only rumors.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we are so pathetic, i have seen this board get more excited OVER people that havent signed with us. YES DUDE ALMOST SIGNED WITH US WOO HOO!!!!!
Fan is short for Fanatic...soooo...people are just hopeful,passionate FANS. Its a good thing. We are supporting the team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Haley and Deion, or isn’t that recent enough for you. :)

Haley wasn’t a free agent we traded for him. I said we signed very few free agents that made a significant impact. Deion made a significant impact and so did TO although we won nothing with TO.

blueblood70

Reaction score
After you . . . I've been a fan since 1960, how's about yourself? It takes patience for that. I'm not unhappy, are you?
sure since 1980 but i wasn't born here so don't blame me, Im from NY and a Cowboys fan..Ive lived here since 1980., my parents weren't happy..:)

Patience sure , don't have to be competly satisfied or dissatisfied but you sure need to be more realistic,

for one stop looking back and sighting 22 years of this and that, realiticly you look back maybe 5 years and see what the current coaches and crop of players are doing, hows the drafting, etc etc..its not even close to business as usual from the 2000s when this got really off the rails, no doubt some of the dumbest moves and coaching staffs weve ever had..it was horrible. it was tough to live through..

the last 5 years they have changed a lot in the way they handle vets, FA, and the draft...they have a more solid direction or a identity if you will..theres a lot more to look forward too IMO..last season was a shock and disappointment and we heard all the BS about Dak and Dez and witten and this and that and so much negativity you'd think this site was full of Eagles fans.. Be disappointed but the all in Haters who claim to be fans but are not happy with one thing about this team and keep harping on the same crud day after day and not even giving the off season a chance to start playing this year before its doom and gloom and some saying if they don't do this or that they are taking 2018 off..Seriously that not fan..trust me im about as amped up high and low and upset game to game and play to play as the rest..however again be realistic, stop the complaining and somehow they know all this offseason is bust already..give it a DANG Chance!! those fans say the ones TRYING to offer a voice of reason and some positive posts here or there we are somehow drinking the Koolaid and bowing down to the FO.. heck no we aren't ,

I for one am not all on board with every move and think they can do NO wrong BUT i handle it different..Ill always be a fan and i can simply boycott buying game day tickets, food or beer etc I also stopped buying Garb like Jerseys etc.I did also wish the entire staff was fired and anew one in place, it didnt happen, no need to keep mentioning it, Jerry still in the media flapping his gums and being below avg GM, wish that would change but it hasn't, again no reason to constantly bring it and the failures since our last SB..Each year IMO is uniquely different and its not always the same reason we didnt get further.last year had many outside forces that killed us..

However i do not ever miss a minute of a game and follow the cowboys year round, its an addiction/Passion/Lifestyle. when i see they deserve that EXTRA support ill buy in, at this point all i can do is support the team, the Star and what it represents, not always good but give some of this negativity a break until the season starts and we can pick apart actual game day play....until we are eliminated from playoff contention, lets give this some chance to work..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haley wasn’t a free agent we traded for him. I said we signed very few free agents that made a significant impact. Deion made a significant impact and so did TO although we won nothing with TO.

I was being a smart-a ... just having fun. Obviously you are right about Haley.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that's THE POINT...WE WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH LAST YEAR TO COMPETE. Lacked the horses on the field. The oline was stagnant(COOPER).....AND COLLINS WAS TOO GREEN AT RT...not to mention no speed at WR..and a TE who looked as if he was running in concrete shoes. Defense was on the field way too much because we couldn't get first downs and move the chains..hence,play keep away. The mere fact that we ended up with 9 wins last year is astonishing if you factor in all the obstacles we faced,on and off the field. Could the coaching and play calling be better,YES!! Simple answer is...we were not good enough last year.
Do you agree with better coaching we could have made the playoffs last year?