Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL, what’s working?

You sure haven’t stamped out negative criticism of the front office. The only thing you’ve managed to do is show yourself to be an overly sensitive baby who spends a majority of his time here worrying more about what people post than actual discussions about the team.
Giving how you swing way down there as being one of the Habitual Whiner Hall of Famers, I would expect you to feel that way.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes I get that they are all in one but I believe that they have done a good job in the area of talent acquisition. It’s a Shane Will McClay and his department has to be lumped in with the GM, his son and the coaches. But again I get.
And to be fair I'm a lot happier with the talent acquisitions as of late the last couple years

But as this started out as apology to the front office thread that aint gonna happen for a while lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm normally not one to complain unless it's something that cries out for change in the worst way. For a while there, it really appeared as though nothing would be forthcoming in terms of adding vet FAs to correct our backup OL, LB and WR deficiencies.

Thank goodness, they appeared to finally have had an epiphany about what to do as an alternative to remaining dormant, despite FA players being available in past years.

Let's hope this newfound attention to work it to advantage continues. The last thing any NFL FO needs is to be afraid of change. Things dp look better now. Great to see the Cowboys' organization rise to the occasion when they needed to so badly. :)
yes BUT the OFF Season will be the OFF season until week 1 of the regular season.. how about you let the process play out before grumbling, even than a little early as we might need to play say 8 games in before we get an idea of what our team looks like.. one can only judge what has happened not what might happen..all the doom and gloom gets old..trust me ill do my share of complaining but it will be about bad calls , bad plays, horrible losses that could have been avoided etc etc..but not a lot in the way of things that might go wrong later including all the predictors here saying Dak is horrible and Dez is horrible and wittens old and overpaid and because of all the weak FAs and bad drafting that 2018 is already lost...really?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
All you guys and your "suffering". Give me a break. The Cowboys are just entertainment.

I've been "suffering" from the loss of funny sitcoms on TV since May 14, 1998 when Seinfeld aired their last show. Woe is me.

"Suffering."

I still find the Cowboys entertaining. If I didn't, I sure wouldn't be on a Cowboys fan site wailing and gnashing my teeth about all my "suffering." Grow up.
I'm suffering now knowing you think Seinfeld was a funny sitcom

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
LMAO, you, obviously, haven't read much of my postings.

Every poster has the right to express themselves and even if it is a position I do not agree with, I do appreciate their right.

As far as the fans money's worth, I haven't spent a dime on the team in many years so my return on investment is huge.

Now, about that FO, is it for the lack of effort or mostly incompetency that they've come up short for most of those 20 seasons? Booger isn't like Bill Bidwell and trying to save money instead of building a team. He's just not very good at it.

It is the entitlement from the past that shades the future. I lived through the great times for the Cowboys but I do not think those Cowboys are these Cowboys. We were all used to being a contender, not a bystander. It takes an adjustment in thinking to accept that we are more like the Browns, Lions and Raiders than what we used to be and this FO is responsible for that but they own it and I am just an observer.

For the first time in many years, I bought a Jersey with "Prescott" on the back. This was well before we went downhill last season. I don't quite know if I would actually have purchased it, had I known what was destined to happen about 2 months later at that point in time.

Nevertheless, I'll wear it regardless this year and hope he plays well enough to extricate himself from the ire of fans who blame him for last year's difficulties. It was the structural, organizational, the staff's and the team's failures, if you ask me.

I'm fine now -- just got caught up in my disgust over wanting to see the team's FO escape from their vet FA dormancy. Things w/the team don't get the best of me very often, actually. Just thought I'd swim with the current for awhile. Now and then, I'm told it's healthy to vent. I'll make sure to keep it to a minimum, as per my normal routine . . . you'll see. ;)

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
There is nothing to feel.

It’s largely a fact. I would suspect most posters here view you as nothing more than a strange dude who spends an inordinate amount of time complaining about posters.
I'm uh... I'm afraid so. I don't want to say it, but it's hypocrisy, in it's totality. I guess it's fighting fire with fire, but it's going nowhere for anybody. And I'm not, generally, a whiner, or been called one.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm uh... I'm afraid so. I don't want to say it, but it's hypocrisy, in it's totality. I guess it's fighting fire with fire, but it's going nowhere for anybody. And I'm not, generally, a whiner, or been called one.

I am still trying to figure what he thinks is “working”? LOL.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
yes BUT the OFF Season will be the OFF season until week 1 of the regular season.. how about you let the process play out before grumbling, even than a little early as we might need to play say 8 games in before we get an idea of what our team looks like.. one can only judge what has happened not what might happen..all the doom and gloom gets old..trust me ill do my share of complaining but it will be about bad calls , bad plays, horrible losses that could have been avoided etc etc..but not a lot in the way of things that might go wrong later including all the predictors here saying Dak is horrible and Dez is horrible and wittens old and overpaid and because of all the weak FAs and bad drafting that 2018 is already lost...really?

It sounds like you might be grumbling about those who grumble -- kinda funny when you think about it! Well, to me, anyhow...:muttley:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We all need to just sit back and listen to JOCK JAMS VOLUME #1!!!

Y'all Ready For This?!

MI0002678002.jpg

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is nothing to feel.

It’s largely a fact. I would suspect most posters here view you as nothing more than a strange dude who spends an inordinate amount of time complaining about posters.
Just trying to help out is all.

kskboys

Reaction score
I never saw that the FO did anything bad. Paying a ton for FA's generally is a bad idea. For every success story like Malik Jackson, you have the Suh's and Haynesworths who just aren't going to be worth huge contracts.

ESisback

Reaction score
No less "productive" than being a rah rah homer of an incompetent FO

Reminds me of Stuart Smiley of SNL fame

Hey Stewie, let me ask you this: if every post ISN'T a complaint, does that make you a "Rah Rah"?