Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This front office owes me an apology. Let's get the facts straight. 20+ years of Cowboy mediocraty is unacceptable. Jerry Jones should sell this team.
I'm with you!!! How the FO can waste their time e on a QB like Kellan Moore is beyond me!!!! Lol!!!

Dre11

Reaction score
We were just sound..and balanced. Problem is the rest of the league adjusted and improved,and we stayed status quo. In this league you must change or be left in the dust. Its a hard lesson. I will say this.Losing Doug Free and Ron Leary hurt. We never fully replaced them we lost some quality up front. That said...we never inproved last offseason...ie getting a speedy receiver.Thats why you see us doing what we are doing THIS OFFSEASON. We are FINALLY adjusting. So in 2016...we were good...we imposed our will on teams...this year,THEY ADJUSTED and we never did. END OF STORY. WE LACKED HORSES.

So the league won’t adjust to the Rams and Mcvay? The truth isn’t the league adjusting, Zeke being suspend helped the rest of the league. Before the suspension we were still averaging 28 points a game so the league hadn’t really adjusted, they were able to defense us easier because they didn’t fear our run game.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez raises his hand! I think i owe 3/4 of my salary back coach. And Verdict says I'm just a # receiver. I guess I'm done.

ESisback

Reaction score
YouTube Stuart smiley
Then look in the mirror
Can you answer ONE question before you throw out another lame "insult"? Someone has to complain in every post about someone else being incompetent? If they don't, they're a "Rah Rah" with self esteem issues?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I never saw that the FO did anything bad. Paying a ton for FA's generally is a bad idea. For every success story like Malik Jackson, you have the Suh's and Haynesworths who just aren't going to be worth huge contracts.
I don't think it's fact that the FO didn't overpay on the first week of FA, which is usually what happens the first week. What I think most of us (I know it did me) is that they didn't even pretend to show the fan base that they were even TRYING to upgrade the team by taking a vacation during one of the busiest weeks of the off season.......kind of like shooting the finger at the fan base. They had many weeks they could have taken that vacation.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't think it's fact that the FO didn't overpay on the first week of FA, which is usually what happens the first week. What I think most of us (I know it did me) is that they didn't even pretend to show the fan base that they were even TRYING to upgrade the team by taking a vacation during one of the busiest weeks of the off season.......kind of like shooting the finger at the fan base. They had many weeks they could have taken that vacation.

I think people read too much into the whole "Jones Family Vacation" thing. There's seems to be some goofy perception of Jerry and Stephen in a Conga line in the Carribean for a week, drunk and oblivious during one of the most important weeks of the offseason. I'd bet the REALITY of the situation is closer to this: The Jones FAMILY is enjoying a wedding with relatives. Jerry and Stephen take 6-8 hours off to hop on the private jet/chopper and make an appearance. They probably ended up making a number of calls and text messages during their time there, no doubt causing multiple eye rolls among family members!

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I think people read too much into the whole "Jones Family Vacation" thing. There's seems to be some goofy perception of Jerry and Stephen in a Conga line in the Carribean for a week, drunk and oblivious during one of the most important weeks of the offseason. I'd bet the REALITY of the situation is closer to this: The Jones FAMILY is enjoying a wedding with relatives. Jerry and Stephen take 6-8 hours off to hop on the private jet/chopper and make an appearance. They probably ended up making a number of calls and text messages during their time there, no doubt causing multiple eye rolls among family members!
If truth be known I would bet the first part of your reply would be closer to reality.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I owe them jack ****

They have messed up at every damn turn letting BP go, hiring Wade, allowing JG to sabotage him, wasting Romo, Witten, Ware and Dez’s careers. Sitting back drafting Special Teams players. Not allowing Romo to compete for his job, and the Dez mess they’ve created with Scott and others. I’m sorry but I owe them nothing. Bunch of losers IMO
LOL at "letting BP go". That, right there, shows you don't even know what you're talking about. Too bad because your other points had some validity but you created a turd and tried to polish it right from the start.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
To be fair, no one owes an apology to the FO. If they like the moves, they owe an apology to themselves for going full blown stupid and showing their ***** after day one of FA.

Dre11

Reaction score

They should shoot you the finger, it’s their organization, they knew what they wanted to pay . They didn’t need to show you anything, they had a plan and they stuck to it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
LOL at "letting BP go". That, right there, shows you don't even know what you're talking about. Too bad because your other points had some validity but you created a turd and tried to polish it right from the start.

Yawn they did nothing to retain him that was my point.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Yawn they did nothing to retain him that was my point.
He was leaving, regardless, was my point. He was over the daily grind of being a head coach. The death of his brother earlier in the year had a lot to do with his perspective on the subject, also. Like I said, you have no idea what you're talking about. If a yawn is your response to your ignorance on the subject, then you're right on track.

Wood

Reaction score
Be the first to say yes, I owe them one.Think frustration got the best of us ...........It's not how you start, how you finish. So to Stephen, Jerry, and McClay .........job well done.

this is laughable. They lost a very good LB, replaced a very good FB with average one, signed two offensive line who are average at best, and two average WR. What would anyone be apologizing for. Not one of those signing even remotely concern the eagles.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
this is laughable. They lost a very good LB, replaced a very good FB with average one, signed two offensive line who are average at best, and two average WR. What would anyone be apologizing for. Not one of those signing even remotely concern the eagles.

I will take issue with the idea that Keith Smith was a "very good" Fullback. He was average - just like the guy they replaced him with, Olawale.

But along with Olawale, they retained two valuable starters on the Dline - Irving and Lawrence. That was the #1 priority this off-season. Martin's contract can happen anytime this year, and is not a priority this month. Martin's agent was never going to negotiate a new deal until AFTER free agency is over anyway. As for Irving and Lawrence, the Cowboys don't want to make any long-term commitments until they show sustained performance. Signing them both to one-year deals allows the Cowboys to determine if they are worth long-term deals. I'm fine with that.

As for the other players, I agree that Hurns and Thompson are mediocre signings, but they do give the Cowboys some flexibility. Also, the LB they signed is a backup, along with all 3 Olinemen. But the purpose of free agency includes filling holes on the depth chart, not just signing front-line players. The Cowboys got 3 starters, and a potentially 4 if one of the Olinemen exceeds expectations. They also resigned their starting long-snapper, and a backup DT. That's not exciting, but it is a workman like effort in preparation for the draft.

ESisback

Reaction score
If truth be known I would bet the first part of your reply would be closer to reality.

C'mon, Ronster! You KNOW that's the cartoon version! Yeah, we all know Jerry's a party boy, and we're ALL fed up with the decades of mediocrity, but that cliched stereotype of the dumb, lazy, irresponsible billionaire isn't reality. They're more invested than that!