Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

aria

Reaction score
They bring in a handful of mediocre talent and we’re supposed to apologize? Bwahahahahaha...that’s like giving me a sip of water as I’m dying of thirst. I’ll give them a thanks, thanks for nothing until I see some consistent results that aren’t losses.

This doesn’t mean I’m not optimistic but I’m sure as hell not apologizing for criticizing 20+ years of mediocrity just for making a few necessary off season moves like every other normal team in the NFL does every year.

ESisback

Reaction score
I think the OP may have just been attempting to acknowledge some of the excessive doom and gloom, perhaps suggesting that the FO may not be the cause of all the world's problems after all.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They bring in a handful of mediocre talent and we’re supposed to apologize? Bwahahahahaha...that’s like giving me a sip of water as I’m dying of thirst. I’ll give them a thanks, thanks for nothing until I see some consistent results that aren’t losses.

This doesn’t mean I’m not optimistic but I’m sure as hell not apologizing for criticizing 20+ years of mediocrity just for making a few necessary off season moves like every other normal team in the NFL does every year.

It's every bit as "knee jerk" as the original post claims he was in the beginning!

"Sorry for questioning you guys about your free agency plans since you signed some NFL players."

Need a linebacker? Ok, we signed a guy, says "linebacker" next to his name. Cross the need off the list!

Need a fullback? We traded for a guy and it says fullback next to his name. Another one down!

We can use a few offensive linemen and maybe a receiver. Let's sign these guys! Done done and done!

We're owning this free agency thing!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am not a poster who badmouths the team on a regular basis.

But I will apologize to the FO when

1) Jerry Jones acts his age and stops fondling girls young enough to be his grand daughters.
2) Jerry Jones stops making business decisions based of his ego instead of whats good for the team.
3) Jerry Jones stops undermining whatever head coach he hires.
4) The Team has sustained success instead of 12-4 one year and 8-8 the next, over and over.
5) Stephan Jones stays off the "Party Bus"
6) The Jones family stops going on vacation the first week of free agency
7) They make Cowboys stadium about football and not Cirque Du Soleil meets Hot Topic
8) They hire a coach that chooses his staff instead of hiring a bunch of coaches and telling them to work together.
9) They stay their ***** off TV
10) Stop hanging out with the players ......... your the bosses .......... not their buddies.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's every bit as "knee jerk" as the original post claims he was in the beginning!

"Sorry for questioning you guys about your free agency plans since you signed some NFL players."

Need a linebacker? Ok, we signed a guy, says "linebacker" next to his name. Cross the need off the list!

Need a fullback? We traded for a guy and it says fullback next to his name. Another one down!

We can use a few offensive linemen and maybe a receiver. Let's sign these guys! Done done and done!

We're owning this free agency thing!

I think Jerry was contacted by NFL films who wanted to document these offseason moves for future generations to study.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do not fault the OP or the others that are apologizing. This is what happens when fans have dropped their expectations over the years and their team starts to act like a real NFL team and even mediocre moves look great.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To those saying they didn't sign anyone...this whole free agency was full of cast offs. I won't say anyone owes them a apology but they managed to get the same level of free agents that every other team got withou breaking the bank.

Sammy Watkins has potential.....but he's not 16 million a year better than Allen Hurns.

So I say this front office deserves credit for not overpaying and overspending in a free agency class that was full of it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it has nothing to do with being miserable, its what the organization has sunk to. huge difference. and some are going to pump everything the team does and some are going to complain and some are going to point out facts. its perspective.

and yes right now as the team is going, its better to complain because Garrett and Company has not changed the minds of this team doing better when Wade phillips was run out for a lot less. Reemmber when Zimmer sucked? T New, WAre, but guys would defend Spencer?

Then rip them for what they do or don't do rather than rip them for not doing something you don't yet know about. And be fair rather than take the side of whatever the opposite is of what the Cowboys do for the sake of being able to rip them no matter which way they go. That's the point. There is nothing wrong with fair criticism, and without question there are fair criticisms of the Cowboys, but to fabricate criticisms in nonsense.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To those saying they didn't sign anyone...this whole free agency was full of cast offs. I won't say anyone owes them a apology but they managed to get the same level of free agents that every other team got withou breaking the bank.

Sammy Watkins has potential.....but he's not 16 million a year better than Allen Hurns.

So I say this front office deserves credit for not overpaying and overspending in a free agency class that was full of it.

So, what is your explanation of the Sammy Watkins pursuit? Seems they were trying pretty hard to "overspend" in that they offered Watkins the same money as KC.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Sometimes guys its better to just admit we weren't good enough last year,and move on. The Rams and others took advantage of the offense not being at its peak...the defense was left holding the bag if you will. I don't care how good any team is...you cant move the chains..your defense is gonna have a LONG LONG day and never get off the field. THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED. Its time we admit we lack the tools on offense. Namely at WR and YES...TE. One good thing is we appear to be fixing the oline. That helps immensely.
:rolleyes:*Fren* :rolleyes:
The flip side of the minted coin struck in the realm of blithering oblivion SEZ' a dominate DOOMSDAY DEFENCE Deployed by DALLAS ,sweeps perting upstarts like those classless bi-decade transient vagabond BO-HO's 3 & out ,,,every time they are awarded the ball,o_O
( I'll take a deadnuts drilling 55 yard place kicker in conjunction with a throat ripping/ lung stomping DEFENCE FIELDED over anything yer' of a mind to put together offensively,,, Ha! Talk about a mugging/rolled up in the carpet & toted off to the land fill way of doing biznesso_O

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So, what is your explanation of the Sammy Watkins pursuit? Seems they were trying pretty hard to "overspend" in that they offered Watkins the same money as KC.
Is that true? I've just heard speculation at this point....because I believe if they did overspend they should've kept overspending if they really wanted him.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
You know what. If they get the 3 OL signed today and then either sign Bowman or trade for Earl Thomas, then I’ll say job well done. I certainly won’t apologize because then are due all the criticism they get but I will recognize a solid job done allowing them to go BPA in the draft with limit d glaring needs to address. If they can make one of those last two moves then they are set up nicely to fill the remaining hole at LB or S in the 1st or 2nd round.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Lmao! The expectations must be so low here that a couple of no name signings is supposed to make us apologize for decades of inept decisions? Please. We let Hitchens walk and created a gaping hole at mike LB, one that didn't need to or should not have happened. Still do not have any safeties. Got some spare WR in Thompson. Hurns was a good pickup.

So far, they have done very little to improve this team, something Stephen said would be done in FA.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lmao! The expectations must be so low here that a couple of no name signings is supposed to make us apologize for decades of inept decisions? Please. We let Hitchens walk and created a gaping hole at mike LB, one that didn't need to or should not have happened. Still do not have any safeties. Got some spare WR in Thompson. Hurns was a good pickup.

So far, they have done very little to improve this team, something Stephen said would be done in FA.

Letting Hitchens walk for that contract was one of the smartest moves they made this offseason.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the team that gave up two 1sts for Roy Williams. Their evaluation of WR's and their value, except for one lucky shot at Owens, is suspect. The last thing I want these people doing is taking a WR in the 1st.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Letting Hitchens walk for that contract was one of the smartest moves they made this offseason.
Agreed but that is a double edged sword because they do not have his replacement and I seem to remember the same comment being made about Leary last off season. The excuse is the cap but that is just an excuse, it is mismanagement of the cap and poor player evaluation.

Every season FA is controlled by the cap space of some lower teams and the amount of quality players available at any given position. Hitchens caught it just right and even got a bonus with a team that has wanted him for over a year. The Cowboys would have lost the bidding war with KC as they had targeted him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Be the first to say yes, I owe them one.Think frustration got the best of us ...........It's not how you start, how you finish. So to Stephen, Jerry, and McClay .........job well done.

Well done signing scrubs. Lol