Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quite honestly.... I don't owe them any accolades until they get me (us) another Super Bowl.

Thank goodness for Will McClay. At least someone from the staff decided it was more important to work the FA traffic vs scheduling a Bahamas getaway during the first two weeks of FA. Will deserves a promotion.

Again, as with many here, you missed his point. He is not saying they have done everything right all these years and we owe them an apology for ever saying otherwise. His comments were only about participation in free agency this year, and the premature complaints about that specific issue,

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've been suffering through the last twenty-two years or so, along with many other fans here. I'm willing to forgive for their impatience, just as I've already forgiven myself for mine. Being a Cowboys fan these days has been a rough road to travel for over two decades. Condemning fans for condemning an incompetent two decades plus of FO incompetence doesn't seem a premature reaction but rather, a very understandable one. It's nothing new.
Please pay close attention (the rest of the habitual whiners please also listen). It’s not about being upset with the franchise’s lack of production for the last 24 years or so. We all know they’ve not produced. What is unfortunate, and a character indicator, is the posters like you and other who CONSTANTLY ***** and moan all the time, every thread every post about anything the Cowboys do. You are so consumed by your hate, you can’t see the positives. And yes, there are plenty of positives.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I’ve been living with it just as you have, and I was there living with the frustrations of the 1980s too. But frustration isn’t a legitimate excuse for claiming the team hasn’t done something before the time has passed to do it.

So, you're holding a grudge? Get over it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Again, as with many here, you missed his point. He is not saying they have done everything right all these years and we owe them an apology for ever saying otherwise. His comments were only about participation in free agency this year, and the premature complaints about that specific issue,
I choose not to compartmentalize and, instead, I assess the whole......

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's hold off on congratulating any FO in this league until the 2018 season is over. Results are what we should use to judge any team's offseason moves. What good are any FA signings or draft picks if it does not translate to wins on the field, and playoff success?

I will gladly give this front office some kudos when earned. Let's hope it happens, but ntil then, I'm waiting (after 22 years of waiting!) for this FO to show us their work can translate into real NFL success. I'm certainly hoping it will happen, but at this point after all these years, no kudos, no participation ribbons are coming from me until real success happens.

IMO, no fan owes this FO anything. They are the ones that owe us long suffering fans.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
You missed my edit.....

&, as a lifelong fan since 77, I have every right to my opinion about the team I love. If you don't like it, I have some choice things you can do.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Please pay close attention (the rest of the habitual whiners please also listen). It’s not about being upset with the franchise’s lack of production for the last 24 years or so. We all know they’ve not produced. What is unfortunate, and a character indicator, is the posters like you and other who CONSTANTLY ***** and moan all the time, every thread every post about anything the Cowboys do. You are so consumed by your hate, you can’t see the positives. And yes, there are plenty of positives.
What you do is much worse. At least they are discussing the team while you are just upset at other people’s opinions because they are negative. I would rather a hostile Eagles fan be on the board than someone like you whose main objective in posting is to get others to shut up. You are too immature to be on a message board.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Ok I was exaggerating to make a point that this is a silly thread

This team is nowhere NEAR good enough after years and years of 'building' by this incompetent FO

Laughable that any fan owes them any apologies after decades of paying for a crap product

How you can even start such a thread is completely beyond comprehension

^^^^^^^^ This. It’s like they got back from the Caribbean and said “Who’s left?” If these moves work out, great. If not, we suck yet again. NO apologies here.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Don't include me in the group of those who CONSTANTLY +++++ and moan all the time, OK? Those who know me here know better. Being judgmental isn't in your best interest, especially when posters here have a right to express themselves freely. Lighten up, Lucy!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I gave the FO some flack...SO Im sorry guys. Way to recover and have a plan. I did say and was willing to be very patient ...so it seems looking at the bigger picture,we filled some holes and at the same time,solidifying the foundation of the team at the lower level of the roster. This is how its done.

Yup *raises paw* I was frustrated too. But, I understand what they were doing with these recent signings.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I've been suffering through the last twenty-two years or so, along with many other fans here. I'm willing to forgive for their impatience, just as I've already forgiven myself for mine. Being a Cowboys fan these days has been a rough road to travel for over two decades. Condemning fans for condemning an incompetent two decades plus of FO incompetence doesn't seem a premature reaction but rather, a very understandable one. It's nothing new.

All you guys and your "suffering". Give me a break. The Cowboys are just entertainment.

I've been "suffering" from the loss of funny sitcoms on TV since May 14, 1998 when Seinfeld aired their last show. Woe is me.

"Suffering."

I still find the Cowboys entertaining. If I didn't, I sure wouldn't be on a Cowboys fan site wailing and gnashing my teeth about all my "suffering." Grow up.

Proof

Reaction score
Nope. They finally signed a few castoffs which is what we all knew they would do anyway. This group could end up being no better than last years. You can call them upgrades if you want but these signings are not closing any gap between the Cowboys and the top teams.

Yeah. Agreed. Fleming is a bit overrated because of our extreme need for backups for the line. And while I do really like adding Hurns, we could have easily missed out and had no real other options beyond. That’s one of my issues, is that they are too content to miss out. One of the reasons we hope for more activity in the early days, early or not, is because it’s how you secure needs. It paid off (relatively) this time, and will likely on occasion in the future, but it’s gambling and we crap out often

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I choose not to compartmentalize and, instead, I assess the whole......

But you are responding to a specific point in a thread created to discuss that specific point, so if you ignore that context your comment has no relevance

Jumbo075

Reaction score

They didn't miss the point. They're trying to change the subject. On purpose.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. Agreed. Fleming is a bit overrated because of our extreme need for backups for the line. And while I do really like adding Hurns, we could have easily missed out and had no real other options beyond. That’s one of my issues, is that they are too content to miss out. One of the reasons we hope for more activity in the early days, early or not, is because it’s how you secure needs. It paid off (relatively) this time, and will likely on occasion in the future, but it’s gambling and we crap out often

What is the gamble you are referring to?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree he MLB and anchor type DT are the important positions to fill now. My hope is these signings take away some needs that would otherwise have to filled in the draft, and MLB and DT can get more attention.
And if I were picking, I would be doubling up on DT's and LB's and with 10 picks, if they're not dealt, I might even triple up.