Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I understand what the OP was getting at. Sweet. They've done some things in FA that DIDN'T sink the franchise. Do they get a cookie? I mean, FA isn't over, OTA's aren't over and neither is training camp, the preseason or season. After it's over we can take a look and make an assessment.
So no, we shouldn't go all in on the hate train, but the staff has done noting to congratulate them for either.

And most fans can't help but to assume it's going to end the same way if has for the better part of a decade. Why wouldn't they?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
But you are responding to a specific point in a thread created to discuss that specific point, so if you ignore that context your comment has no relevance
Again, you are choosing to focus on the dot in the middle of the screen to make your little insides feel Rosy. Good for you. I choose to focus on the whole screen.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
All you guys and your "suffering". Give me a break. The Cowboys are just entertainment.

I've been "suffering" from the loss of funny sitcoms on TV since May 14, 1998 when Seinfeld aired their last show. Woe is me.

"Suffering."

I still find the Cowboys entertaining. If I didn't, I sure wouldn't be on a Cowboys fan site wailing and gnashing my teeth about all my "suffering." Grow up.

Well, you see, for me it's more than entertainment -- it's a passion. I could accuse you of not really being a fan but you'd rather complain about those who express themselves contrary to your agenda. Get over yourself and re-enter the world of those fans you don't really know but feel compelled to judge anyhow.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All you guys and your "suffering". Give me a break. The Cowboys are just entertainment.

I've been "suffering" from the loss of funny sitcoms on TV since May 14, 1998 when Seinfeld aired their last show. Woe is me.

"Suffering."

I still find the Cowboys entertaining. If I didn't, I sure wouldn't be on a Cowboys fan site wailing and gnashing my teeth about all my "suffering." Grow up.
If this is all some have to "suffer" with, I truly envy them. And the entitlement issue gets carried away. They do not owe us anything, it is their team to do with as they wish and we are merely observers. However, it is fun to critique every move as if our very existence is dependent on the success of the Dallas Cowboys.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Well, you see, for me it's more than entertainment -- it's a passion. I could accuse you of not really being a fan but you'd rather complain about those who express themselves contrary to your agenda. Get over yourself and re-enter the world of those fans you don't really know but feel compelled to judge anyhow.
Stellar.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I find it Hilarious that some of you keep sighting how horrible this team has been the last 22years..remind me again why you sit here as a fan arguing how bad they are?? sounds to me you need to go look for the current champion and root for them...theres fine line between questioning few moves or being upset at a play or players within the season or disappointed after a let down type season and flat out having deep seeded disdain for a teams pitfalls for 22 plus yrs and yet still on a fan yes a FAN Forum..sounds like to me if you hate the coaches, the owners, and most of the players *** are you still around for? please feel free to delete your account and move on to another team..jeez

I hate that attitude, too. You watch because you enjoy the entertainment, period. The team owes it to you to try to be competitive. If they don’t, stop watching. If they do, your fandom is rewarded each week as you watch the games. Nobody owes you a championship, and it’s. It an excuse for behaving like children. Even anonymously on the internet.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The jury is out on all of the FA's signed by every team so why would anyone be apologizing? What if once the season gets going, these players don't pan out? Going to go back and retract your apology?

I am not celebrating that they did something when nothing might be preferable. They did what they could within the confines of the cap but I can remember some selling Nolan Carroll last off season.

It was too early to be critical just as it is too early to be apologizing, 6 months until it gets real and that's a long time.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Condemning something that happens today because you didn’t like what happened yesterday is illogical. Logic dictates looking at different events individually, not mindlessly saying everything is the same as yesterday without any effort at thought and reason.

In any case, a starting OT on a Super Bowl team and a starting NFL WR are more than JAGs, and they dont have to be stars to have a notable impact. The Cowboys already have 3 All Pro O Lineman, so there was no need to go into salary cap Hell to try and sign another, or give away draft picks in a trade for one. We needed solid players to fill O-Line needs, and that’s what we got.

I honestly think you are one of those fans that can’t see or understand that it doesn’t take a big name, high profile signing to help a team, and I also think you have no concept of how much these signings improve our flexibility in the draft to take the best player instead of possibly having to sacrifice some quality to fill needs.

I understand everything I need to. Keep drinking the koolaid and being disappointed. It’s noble work you’re doing.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

"Suffering."

Don't take it so literal.

conner01

Reaction score
I’m more patients than most
I’m not as excited as most about shiny new toys
Not much of what was signed by others interested me much for those prices
I think we did fairly close to what some expected
We signed a tackle who is better than what we had as a backup last year
Hurn gives us a good player
The key to this off season is not what we’ve done in FA, but what we do in camp and the draft
For this team to compete for a SB next year we need Rico to be a major contributor at TE
We need J Smith to be close to what he was projected to be before injury
We need to have a great haul in the draft and add 2-3 real good players and a couple more that develope

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I don't think it's time to fly the mission accomplished banner just yet. Still a ton of holes on defense.

Proof

Reaction score
What is the gamble you are referring to?

Sitting back and hoping there are still quality players available, and that we will get them.

Similar to their approach to rb in 15. Let Demarco walk because the draft was loaded, but then the board didn’t break our way so we left empty handed after playing hardball with the opoy. They have a consistent philosophy of banking on possibilities.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
If this is all some have to "suffer" with, I truly envy them. And the entitlement issue gets carried away. They do not owe us anything, it is their team to do with as they wish and we are merely observers. However, it is fun to critique every move as if our very existence is dependent on the success of the Dallas Cowboys.

My son (Army Reserve Officer) got called up this past Monday, and will soon be shipping out to Afghanistan. The Cowboys are a welcome respite from "vain imaginations" for me.

Perspective.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If it was just the rams....
that's THE POINT...WE WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH LAST YEAR TO COMPETE. Lacked the horses on the field. The oline was stagnant(COOPER).....AND COLLINS WAS TOO GREEN AT RT...not to mention no speed at WR..and a TE who looked as if he was running in concrete shoes. Defense was on the field way too much because we couldn't get first downs and move the chains..hence,play keep away. The mere fact that we ended up with 9 wins last year is astonishing if you factor in all the obstacles we faced,on and off the field. Could the coaching and play calling be better,YES!! Simple answer is...we were not good enough last year.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
FA isn't won in the first few days.

Some of us knew that while others overreacted.

I'm very thankful the Cowboys did not overpay for anyone. As usual some of those deals were uber crazy.

Yep. I saw this this morning and it was a little eye opening. It's a comparison of Hurns and Watkins stats over their careers.

Hurns_Sammy.png

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...r-stat-line-with-sammy-watkins-is-eye-opening

Maybe I'm crazy but I think we got the better deal.....................by a long shot.