Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

MikeT22

Reaction score
Those 2 playoff wins in the last 22 years were quite impressive. Congrats Jerry and FO.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Be the first to say yes, I owe them one.Think frustration got the best of us ...........It's not how you start, how you finish. So to Stephen, Jerry, and McClay .........job well done.

Are we talking about the same FO that has produced a whopping two playoff wins this century? They sign a back up LB, a back up tackle, a back up WR, and another WR whose best season (only one worth noting) was 3 years ago, and we're popping the champagne corks? :muttley:

There's a line The Wolf used in Pulp Fiction that fits perfectly, but I'll have to clean it up a little: "Let's not start ******* each other's ***** quite yet, gentlemen."

DeadVerifiableGroundhog-max-1mb.gif

tm1119

Reaction score
I’m willing to admit they at least tried to improve the team and made 2 solid signings....Signings a solid #2/3 WR and a very unproven RT is far from a “good” off season though. Passable where I’m not pissed anymore? Definitely. But does the front office deserve a bunch of praise for doing the bare minimum of their job? Nope.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
My hands half up like when no one in the class raises their hand and the teachers getting mad. I love what we did for the OL. I’m still waiting on Earl and or a splash in the draft like Derwin/Roquan. Then I’ll fully raise it

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. No, their management of the cap continues to be questionable.
2. No, the proof is in the pudding and until these players pud up, I ain't shuttin' up.
3. No, did they improve the team or tread water?
4. No, I haven't really hammered them for the lack of movement, see #1.

Last off season, they lost Leary and did not adequately replace him. This off season, they lost Hitchens and we'll see how that goes but with the lack of a run stopping OL eating DT and MLB, the need is apparent. Let's see how they address that.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why should you owe them an apology? You wanted them to go out and improve the team and they finally did. Nothing to apologize for unless you boldly predicted it couldn’t be done and then you need to eat a little crow. :thumbup:
Takes a man to admit when they are wrong.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's quite a bit more stark than that.

We haven't won a DIVISIONAL round playoff game in 23 years.

That is beyond futile.

Obvious it’s legitimate to complain about the lack of playoff success over that time, but that doesn’t mean every individual think the team does is worthy of complaint. I think it’s those constant complaints about everything the OP is referring to, and that even if the Cowboys had done the opposite of whatever people are complaining about, there would have been complaints about that too.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They did exactly what they’ve done each of the last five years. I don’t know that apologies are owed, but anybody whose surprised ought to re-evaluate their own pattern recognition abilities. Some of you guys might be the worst Simon players ever.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. No, their management of the cap continues to be questionable.
2. No, the proof is in the pudding and until these players pud up, I ain't shuttin' up.
3. No, did they improve the team and tread water?
4. No, I haven't really hammered them for the lack of movement, see #1.

Last off season, they lost Leary and did not adequately replace him. This off season, they lost Hitchens and we'll see how that goes but with the lack of a run stopping OL eating DT and MLB, the need is apparent. Let's see how they address that.

I agree he MLB and anchor type DT are the important positions to fill now. My hope is these signings take away some needs that would otherwise have to filled in the draft, and MLB and DT can get more attention.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I find it Hilarious that some of you keep sighting how horrible this team has been the last 22years..remind me again why you sit here as a fan arguing how bad they are?? sounds to me you need to go look for the current champion and root for them...theres fine line between questioning few moves or being upset at a play or players within the season or disappointed after a let down type season and flat out having deep seeded disdain for a teams pitfalls for 22 plus yrs and yet still on a fan yes a FAN Forum..sounds like to me if you hate the coaches, the owners, and most of the players *** are you still around for? please feel free to delete your account and move on to another team..jeez

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If I see Eric Reid or Tre Boston and NaVorro Bowman sign over the next few days, I will genuflect to pay respect to their genius.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
My approach is always to let it play out first. Honestly I didn’t expect the Cowboys to do as much as they have, and I would have admitted as much in advance, but I wasn’t going to put out any condemnation before the facts were known. We’ve all lived long enough to know that things dont always play out the way our minds think.

The funny thing is even as fans have been upset about the lack of quality free agent signings the last number of years, there are still fans who will complain about Jerry always getting in a bind because he always signs big splash guys to big contracts. It shows fans who want to complain will, even if there aren’t facts behind the complaint. Bottom line is complaints can be legitimate if based iron facts, but like you say, fans are generally emotional, and as such they often let emotion guide them rather than reason.

I've been suffering through the last twenty-two years or so, along with many other fans here. I'm willing to forgive for their impatience, just as I've already forgiven myself for mine. Being a Cowboys fan these days has been a rough road to travel for over two decades. Condemning fans for condemning an incompetent two decades plus of FO incompetence doesn't seem a premature reaction but rather, a very understandable one. It's nothing new.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are we talking about the same FO that has produced a whopping two playoff wins this century? They sign a back up LB, a back up tackle, a back up WR, and another WR whose best season (only one worth noting) was 3 years ago, and we're popping the champagne corks? :muttley:

There's a line The Wolf used in Pulp Fiction that fits perfectly, but I'll have to clean it up a little: "Let's not start ******* each other's ***** quite yet, gentlemen."

DeadVerifiableGroundhog-max-1mb.gif

You are missing his point. He isn’t talking about an apology for every mistake or shortcoming ever, he was only talking about people condemning the Cowboys for not participating in free agency before they knew the facts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I've been suffering through the last twenty-two years or so, along with many other fans here. I'm willing to forgive for their impatience, just as I've already forgiven myself for mine. Being a Cowboys fan these days has been a rough road to travel for over two decades. Condemning fans for condemning an incompetent two decades plus of FO incompetence doesn't seem a premature reaction but rather, a very understandable one.
i disagree if you are that unhappy go elsewhere..

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone thought that Carroll was a good signing last year.

good signing? probably not. but a good bridge player to help the rookies transition into their roles, yes......and he didn't even do that. just a bum

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I find it Hilarious that some of you keep sighting how horrible this team has been the last 22years..remind me again why you sit here as a fan arguing how bad they are?? sounds to me you need to go look for the current champion and root for them...theres fine line between questioning few moves or being upset at a play or players within the season or disappointed after a let down type season and flat out having deep seeded disdain for a teams pitfalls for 22 plus yrs and yet still on a fan yes a FAN Forum..sounds like to me if you hate the coaches, the owners, and most of the players *** are you still around for? please feel free to delete your account and move on to another team..jeez
^^ This ^^

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Be the first to say yes, I owe them one.Think frustration got the best of us ...........It's not how you start, how you finish. So to Stephen, Jerry, and McClay .........job well done.
Quite honestly.... I don't owe them any accolades until they get me (us) another Super Bowl.

&, as a lifelong fan since 77, I have every right to my opinion about the team I love. If you don't like it, I have some choice things you can do.

Thank goodness for Will McClay. At least someone from the staff decided it was more important to work the FA traffic vs scheduling a Bahamas getaway during the first two weeks of FA. Will deserves a promotion.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been suffering through the last twenty-two years or so, along with many other fans here. I'm willing to forgive for their impatience, just as I've already forgiven myself for mine. Being a Cowboys fan these days has been a rough road to travel for over two decades. Condemning fans for condemning an incompetent two decades plus of FO incompetence doesn't seem a premature reaction but rather, a very understandable one.

I’ve been living with it just as you have, and I was there living with the frustrations of the 1980s too. But frustration isn’t a legitimate excuse for claiming the team hasn’t done something before the time has passed to do it.