Random wrestling thread

DanteEXT

Reaction score
After watching Fastlane last night I've come away with a few things that I think are brewing for Mania.

1) I believe Cena is actually about to do the heel turn that I know people have been dying for. I think he's going to wind up with the heel turn at Mania, even though it's going to have to happen while wrestling Rusev.

2) I believe Seth Rollins is going to lose a singles match to Orton at Mania but walk out of the show as the WWE Champion. I don't believe, at all, at this point that they're going to leave Mania with Reigns as the champion. I can't see Brock Lesnar winning, even if he winds up staying with the WWE, cause of his limited availability. Which, btw, I'm totally okay with I just wish he'd be able to be on a few more TV shows. I am loving the way they've booked him to only wrestle at PPV's where it gives him the big fight feel.

So with that said I think Reigns will beat Lesnar but Rollins will finally cash in his Money in the Bank contract and then defeat Reigns and walk out as the Champion. It's really to the point now where it's about the only thing they can do with Rollins and that contract match.

3) Daniel Bryan is going to be completely wasted at WrestleMania because with a clean loss last night they have nothing, at all, to follow up with going into Mania. So now he's going to win up in a thrown together deal just to get him on the WrestleMania card. Which is a darn shame. I could see him turning heel soon as well because it's pretty clear that Orton is now going to play a face roll in his return and with Ziggler becoming a more and more popular face, and Reigns going to be pushed as a face main event character, they're going to have to do something to get a few more of these guys as the heel.

1. I cant see them doing a full heel. I can see Cena cheat to win at 'mania then come out on RAW the next night and vacate the title feeling remorseful for how he won. 20 man over the top battle royal later Rusev is US champ again. Cena spends the next few weeks re-becoming the Make a Wish superstar. Because of some made up clause in the original 'mania contract Cena remains #1 contender for the US title and gets another shot at Extreme Rules where he can cheat to his hearts content and come away the US champ and feel just find and dandy about it. I pulled that whole idea out of my rear. Fairly certain that's what the WWE writers do, too.

2. I still think the 'mania plan is fluid. If Lesnar re-ups I bet he keeps the belt but they make Reigns look strong in the loss. If not he drops it, possibly with your plan there. Rollins still has a few months of TV and a couple PPV's before the next MITB to use it. Of course, the Authority could always give him a one year extension and have 2 MITB winners running around.

3. Bryan will be the 2nd winner of the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. I don't know what else they can do with him at the PPV. They could stick him in a match with Kane or the Big Show to drive viewers away.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Watching RAW right now on DVR...fyi it was 21 minutes into the show before the first match of any kind. And WHAT a match! Dolph is doing really good work right now, and a great match up with Bad News Barrett

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
1. I cant see them doing a full heel. I can see Cena cheat to win at 'mania then come out on RAW the next night and vacate the title feeling remorseful for how he won. 20 man over the top battle royal later Rusev is US champ again. Cena spends the next few weeks re-becoming the Make a Wish superstar. Because of some made up clause in the original 'mania contract Cena remains #1 contender for the US title and gets another shot at Extreme Rules where he can cheat to his hearts content and come away the US champ and feel just find and dandy about it. I pulled that whole idea out of my rear. Fairly certain that's what the WWE writers do, too.

2. I still think the 'mania plan is fluid. If Lesnar re-ups I bet he keeps the belt but they make Reigns look strong in the loss. If not he drops it, possibly with your plan there. Rollins still has a few months of TV and a couple PPV's before the next MITB to use it. Of course, the Authority could always give him a one year extension and have 2 MITB winners running around.

3. Bryan will be the 2nd winner of the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. I don't know what else they can do with him at the PPV. They could stick him in a match with Kane or the Big Show to drive viewers away.

I think you are right about Bryan being in that match. I had not thought what they would do with him but that makes perfect sense.

I LOL'd at your comment about Kane & Big Show. They both take up huge chunks of TV time & are both pretty worthless. I guess they are rewarding them for being loyal for years because neither one of them is worth a darn as wrestlers.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Watching RAW right now on DVR...fyi it was 21 minutes into the show before the first match of any kind. And WHAT a match! Dolph is doing really good work right now, and a great match up with Bad News Barrett

Isn't that pretty much business as usual for somebody to come out & yap for 20 minutes before they get rolling? I actually thought Orton was pretty good talking last night. I had thought before he wasn't very good at that.

Dolph is really good. They need to focus more on guys like him! He looks kind of small. Kind of surprised he's not always hurt. I guess he's good at playing hurt because he gets thrown around like a dog toy.

And Big Dog is right..it is annoying to have a match & then have 5 minutes of commercials. I can't believe I never noticed that. DUH...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't know how they'd set it up at this point, or why, but what I was reading online is that the plan for Daniel at WrestleMania is a match with Dolph Ziggler. As I said I'm not sure how or why that match would come about but that's what I have been reading is the rumored match up for the two of them.

With Ryback and Rowan facing Show and Kane in tag team action.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan.... I hope that Ryback/Rowan vs Kane/Show was a joke on whatever site you saw that on... :thumbdown:

Phoenix

Reaction score
Weird watching HHH just staring and totally uninterested in anything to do with the talking with Orton by the Authority. Steph, etc. doing all the talking and HHH just staring ahead, uninterested, not saying a word...several times. Maybe they are trying to build up the Sting confrontation or something

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know how they'd set it up at this point, or why, but what I was reading online is that the plan for Daniel at WrestleMania is a match with Dolph Ziggler.
I didn't get it when I read it either. That match doesn't make much sense to me.

Weird watching HHH just staring and totally uninterested in anything to do with the talking with Orton by the Authority. Steph, etc. doing all the talking and HHH just staring ahead, uninterested, not saying a word...several times. Maybe they are trying to build up the Sting confrontation or something
The first thing I said last night was why isn't HHH talking. He just had that serious look on his face. It came across to me like he just didn't trust Orton.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
maybe HHH was sick?

Or

Trying to figure out why he continues to foot the bill for his wife's ugly wardrobe?

He did seem off. I bet he wasn't feeling well.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
He should spend the wardrobe money of vocal chord surgery. Fingernails on a chalk board.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
He should spend the wardrobe money of vocal chord surgery. Fingernails on a chalk board.

If you're talking about her..yea when she goes into that ***** mode she does get shrill.

She also makes really dumb faces.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4 Key Lessons WWE Has Learned from its WWE Network One Year After Launch
By Marc Graser

wwe-logo.jpg

WWE is celebrating the first anniversary of its WWE Network, a streaming service that proved a big gamble for the company but one that’s starting to pay off.

Within the first 11 months, the company signed up more than 1 million subscribers who are paying $9.99 a month to access WWE’s monthly pay-per-views, a library that includes years of episodes of shows like “Raw” and “SmackDown,” and a growing slate of original series.

Getting there wasn’t easy. The company was hit by criticism that it would hurt its bottomline with the service, considering it was previously charging around $50 or more for each of its 12 PPVs, including “WrestleMania,” through cable and satellite providers. WWE also one of the first major entertainment players to go directly to its fanbase with an over-the-top offering, a product that the NFL, HBO and CBS have also launched on their own or plan to as a way to appeal to cord cutters. Disney also has discussed similar plans for ESPN.

One year later, WWE’s executives have some takeaways from their network’s launch on Feb. 24, 2014 — lessons that could benefit other players looking to enter the OTT streaming business.

Read much more: https://tv.yahoo.com/news/4-key-lessons-wwe-learned-wwe-network-one-200403634.html

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
11 Reasons Why Finn Bálor is the Future of WWE
tvguide_071127.png
By Sadie Gennis

Less than a year after signing with the WWE, it's clear that Finn Bálor is destined to be the organization's next big superstar. The Irish wrestler, who made a name for himself overseas as Prince Devitt, has become one of the biggest faces in NXT, all with barely saying a word. Instead, Bálor lets his natural charisma and hard-earned talent do the talking for him.

Still doubtful? Here are 11 reasons why Bálor is the future of WWE:

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/11-reasons-why-finn-b-lor-future-wwe-030003451.html

This guy is VERY good.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the last I heard:

WWE News: Details On Sheamus’ Return — When Will He Be Back?

Posted: February 13, 2015

Sheamus-bell-665x385.jpg

WWE aired a Sheamus return promo this past Monday on RAW, and while WWE didn’t give an exact date for Sheamus’ WWE return, may people are assuming that he’ll return either at next Sunday’s Fast Lane or on the RAW after Fast Lane. Also, the belief is that Sheamus will be returning to WWE as a heel.

So, who will Sheamus be working with upon his return? Well, there have been rumors about a feud with Daniel Bryan leading into WrestleMania, as WWE badly wanted to do that match last year before they were forced to put Bryan in the main event. If the two of them end up having a match at this year’s WrestleMania, it’ll be the fourth time in five years that WWE has originally scheduled the two of them to face off at the event.

Read more: http://www.inquisitr.com/1839703/wwe-news-details-on-sheamus-return-when-will-he-be-back/

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They looked totally ridiculous in that segment last night on RAW. Maybe you had to be a fan then to appreciate them.

I was a fan then and they were just as stupid then as they were when you saw that segment.

They were a dumb team that were not in the least bit entertaining.

Phoenix

Reaction score
11 Reasons Why Finn Bálor is the Future of WWE
tvguide_071127.png
By Sadie Gennis

Less than a year after signing with the WWE, it's clear that Finn Bálor is destined to be the organization's next big superstar. The Irish wrestler, who made a name for himself overseas as Prince Devitt, has become one of the biggest faces in NXT, all with barely saying a word. Instead, Bálor lets his natural charisma and hard-earned talent do the talking for him.

Still doubtful? Here are 11 reasons why Bálor is the future of WWE:

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/11-reasons-why-finn-b-lor-future-wwe-030003451.html

This guy is VERY good.

He's already about to retire...

"At only 33, ..."

:laugh:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Just watched RAW from last nite.

Good show. They are certainly teasing the Orton/Rollins thing. Kind of makes me think he will mess up Seth's cashing in thing.

LOVED the Sting stuff. I'm a total sucker for that Crow stuff he has going on.

And really guys Bray is the " new face of fear." Seriously? He's not intimidating at all anymore. Whatever mojo he had was lost when they ripped those guys away. He is a good wrestler but that's it. His gimmick is old & boring & if he's suppose to be scary that is an epic fail!

So I guess the Undertaker can still wrestle huh? They practically advertised he was coming back for that match.

I thought the show was pretty good. As usual though the women are a waste of 3 minutes! :D

I could not disagree more about Wyatt.

He is the best promo guy they have right now, IMO, and I love the way he's portrayed. I wish he still had the two brutes but he doesn't need them. He's fear, for wrestlers and stuff, because he's creepy and willing to do anything, it would appear, to get into the minds of his opponents and throw them off their games and such.

I love the character. I'm going to love this deal with Undertaker.