Twitter: Randy Gregory eligible to return to practice this week

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Quick reminder: the last official word from the NFL was: "Failed a test? New suspension? That's news to us. We don't know a thing about it."

When the *NFL* says there was a failed/missed drug test and the *NFL* says there's a new suspension being appealed right now it will mean something.

The NFL hasn't said one ******* word about a new failed drug test or a new suspension being appealed by Randy Gregory. The only source for this are media people who keep repeating one another without any confirmation of this by the NFL itself.

The context of the tweets indicate that this happened and the suspension is under appeal, but I agree. I'm surprised that was never brought up.

The news on this one has been altogether. There haven't been many statements, no press releases, etc. Just been very hush hush.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Man adding a fresh legged Randy Gregory, who got the best pressure for us in limited time last year, for the playoff run would be outstanding. Even if we just played him on passing downs. His talent wouldn't just be gone- just go out and rush the QB.

A healthy Mo and Gregory would be a huge injection of talent on this defense for the playoffs.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We desperately need help in the pass rush. Even if he only gets 5-10 snaps a game as a situational pass rusher, I think it's worth a chance. Unless we want to move on from "bad character" players, then we should've cut him weeks ago. No sense having him on the roster if we never intend to play him.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
The context of the tweets indicate that this happened and the suspension is under appeal, but I agree. I'm surprised that was never brought up.

The news on this one has been altogether. There haven't been many statements, no press releases, etc. Just been very hush hush.

I suspect a media guy mixed up the news about RoMac and assumed it was GREGORY that was being hit with the new suspension. And didn't want to look bad by correcting himself.

You know who the NFL *has* officially announced a new suspension for? Rolando McClain. On Gregory there's been zilch.

But all these media sports reporters endlessly parroted each other about 'Randy Gregory's new suspension' and so here we are.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Love to see Gregory back, but we all know it's not going to happen.

Reaction score
DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP, FRIENDS. JUST BECAUSE HE IS APPEALING AND PRACTICING, DOES NOT MEAN NFL WONT SLAM THE DOOR RIGHT BEFORE HE IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I suspect a media guy mixed up the news about RoMac and assumed it was GREGORY that was being hit with the new suspension. And didn't want to look bad by correcting himself.

You know who the NFL *has* officially announced a new suspension for? Rolando McClain. On Gregory there's been zilch.

But all these media sports reporters endlessly parroted each other about 'Randy Gregory's new suspension' and so here we are.

Except that the team hasn't necessarily squashed the rumour. I hope you're right, but not getting my hopes up.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score

I don't think he got them mixed up. I don't even think at this point that Gregory didn't miss/fail the last one. It's just odd how quiet the news has been about it. Been 3-4 weeks since the news broke, by now I would expect there would have been a public statement confirming it.

jrumann59

Reaction score
How can he appeal a suspension when he hasn't officially been suspended?
He has been notified of impending suspension so yes. Does not matter if concrete proof of another suspension is in the media since the NFL supposedly does not release that info until they fully ajudicate it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With the munchies and all the Doritos and Oreos he's had over the last year, he might come in weighing 300 lbs. I don't care, as long as he can rush the passer.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think he got them mixed up. I don't even think at this point that Gregory didn't miss/fail the last one. It's just odd how quiet the news has been about it. Been 3-4 weeks since the news broke, by now I would expect there would have been a public statement confirming it.
Suspensions are usually announced AFTER the appeal process. For reasons of privacy or whatever. When the appeal is processed, upheld or reversed, then an announcement will be made.

It does not stop "sources" ie agents and whoever from leaking the information.

manster4ever

Reaction score
sorry i was just asking because i wasnt sure if that was the reason or not.

no problemo. I just don't want anyone to get their hopes up. Like I said...RG isn't a bad guy IMO, he just has issues and I don't think he's very reliable at this point. Love to be wrong though.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Maybe we can get Randy back and have someone plant a dime bag on the QB and tell randy the QB has the goods....