Twitter: Randy Gregory eligible to return to practice this week

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Doesn't really harm the team to keep him around, either. Unless he became some sort of distraction (but considering he hasn't tweeted in ages and stays pretty quiet, I get the feeling he was told to keep his head down).

Does not help, I commend Jerry but unless Gregory can get his head on right he offers nothing to the Cowboys. I would much rather invest in player who can help this team not invest in players who the team has to baby sit. I don't think he is a bad person I think he has some real issues and he needs to address it but Cowboys should not be a halfway house from pot heads

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
uesday, December 06, 2016 1:42 PM CST
eatmathumb2_051413.jpg

By Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

@nickeatman
FRISCO, Texas – For the first time all season, the Cowboys are expecting to get pass-rusher Randy Gregory back on the practice field on Wednesday.

The second-year defensive end is not eligible to play until at least Week 16 of this season, assuming he is officially cleared by the NFL. Gregory is serving a combined 14-game suspension from the NFL for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.

Players are allowed a two-week window to begin practicing before they come off of suspension. The Cowboys return to practice on Wednesday at The Star in preparation for Sunday’s game with the Giants.

While there have been reports that Gregory could be facing yet a third suspension, the NFL has not yet made an announcement or ruling on that situation. For now, Gregory is set to return for Week 16, meaning he could play against the Lions and Eagles, and then in the playoffs, barring any other setbacks.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...regory-could-start-practicing-again-Wednesday

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He is eligible to practice now because his 14 game suspension is over. He has to WIN the appeal for his YEARLONG suspension (previously announced a number of weeks ago) to play. This news means very little unless he has a winner argument on appeal, which is doubtful.
He still has 2 games left on his 14 game suspension......the NFL lets players at least start practicing on the long suspensions(10+) a couple weeks early

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
With the munchies and all the Doritos and Oreos he's had over the last year, he might come in weighing 300 lbs. I don't care, as long as he can rush the passer.
Nope. Weed has been shown to assist in you losing weight. So have as much of the munchies as you like man!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right...Sure.

You can believe whatever you want, Wonderboy. It wouldn't be a hard decision for me. I don't keep posters of players on my wall. That moron would not be allowed back in the building.

Like for real. Pinky swear. Sup?

jrumann59

Reaction score
how do suspensions work for playoff teams? Lets say he they turndown his appeal leading up to the Divisional game does his suspension start then or start of next season, if it starts then do those games count towards the bottom line number of games missed, IE suspended 10 games during the playoffs misses the divisional, NFCC, and the SB because his team made it there. Does that mean he only misses 7 at the start of the next season.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
You can believe whatever you want, Wonderboy. It wouldn't be a hard decision for me. I don't keep posters of players on my wall. That moron would not be allowed back in the building.

Like for real. Pinky swear. Sup?
I believe you.....................................