Twitter: Randy Gregory eligible to return to practice this week

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The chances of him showing up to practice in anywhere close to game-shape are slim to none. I'm still rooting for the kid but man, he's got so many issues. When I heard about the newest suspension I was completely off his band wagon and wanted him cut. But IF it gets appealed and it turns out he didn't fail another drug test, I'll give him one more chance. Mainly because we desperately need a pass rusher.

He has been working out at the star with Jaylon Smith so he should be in some type of shape. He will have 6 weeks of practice and 2 games to get in game shape before the playoffs if he is eligible. A suspended player does not get paid and counts nothing except signing bonus against the cap. He signed a 4 year deal so they have 2 more years to hope he gets his life straight. No need to cut him when you don't have to pay him. Cut him now and in 2 years You may have to watch him record 10-12 sacks for some other team. If the 4th year comes and he is still struggling with mj then that will be the time to cut ties.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
He's done nothing for anyone to give him a chance. No production and three failed drug tests in less than a year and this was after falling in the draft due to a failed drug test. He hasn't done anything on the field to temp anyone into taking a chance on him. No production and he can't be depended on, not a good combination!

Team's will always be there based on his college production. If Cowboys move on, it wont cost them anything either.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Even if he is eligible to return how long can he really be counted on, till the next drug test? Only way he will last in the league is if the NFL changes the drug policy and allows weed for medicinal purposes.

I dunno, maybe he can make it 5 games this year and help us win a super bowl?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
How could he possibly boost our pass rush with all the time he's missed being suspended? He hasn't been working with the team for months. He didn't boost our pass rush last season when he was on the field. He's had trouble keeping his weight up, he probably looks like a bean pole right now. He's not going to be worth a damn with all the time he missed last year and this year. If we were talking about a veteran player with experience, that's a different story but we're talking about a young player who's development has been severely stunted the past two seasons due to an injury that cost him several games and drug suspensions.

He has been working out at the Star and has been attending team meeting. League rules now permit the suspended player to be able to go to the facility and work out. They can't practice but it was reported Gregory working out with Jaylon Smith at the Star. As for many of the other things you have mentioned like we can count on him I fully agree.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He has been working out at the star with Jaylon Smith so he should be in some type of shape. He will have 6 weeks of practice and 2 games to get in game shape before the playoffs if he is eligible. A suspended player does not get paid and counts nothing except signing bonus against the cap. He signed a 4 year deal so they have 2 more years to hope he gets his life straight. No need to cut him when you don't have to pay him. Cut him now and in 2 years You may have to watch him record 10-12 sacks for some other team. If the 4th year comes and he is still struggling with mj then that will be the time to cut ties.
Actually he won't get credit for this year.......DAL will have him for 3 more years

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Actually he won't get credit for this year.......DAL will have him for 3 more years

If players could void the last year of their contracts by getting themselves suspended, you can bet a lot of guys would be trying it.

Remember that dbag that faked an injury so we'd cut him and then he had a MIRACULOUS RECOVERY and went and signed with the Bears?

phildadon86

Reaction score
The chances of him showing up to practice in anywhere close to game-shape are slim to none. I'm still rooting for the kid but man, he's got so many issues. When I heard about the newest suspension I was completely off his band wagon and wanted him cut. But IF it gets appealed and it turns out he didn't fail another drug test, I'll give him one more chance. Mainly because we desperately need a pass rusher.
He's been working out with jaylon Smith. And Smith looks to be in incredible shape.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Team's will always be there based on his college production. If Cowboys move on, it wont cost them anything either.

He's two years removed from college and even with the production he had in college that didn't keep him from free falling in the draft due to failing a drug test. He's exceeded everyone's worst fears about him. If teams were passing him up on draft day, they won't go near him now with his lack of production the past two seasons and three drug suspensions in less than a year.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
So sick of Gregory's crap. I would like to hope that he can help our pass rush, but I'm tired of this kid disappointing me.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He has been working out at the Star and has been attending team meeting. League rules now permit the suspended player to be able to go to the facility and work out. They can't practice but it was reported Gregory working out with Jaylon Smith at the Star. As for many of the other things you have mentioned like we can count on him I fully agree.

No being able to practice with the team has kept him from developing. He's a lost cause and is only creating a discussion because we're starved for a pass rush.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Maybe the NFL adds stipulation where players won't be tested for marijuana and they continue their movement to stopping PEDs which enhances player performance. This could also be why the NFL may push hearing to the spring.

Gregory may not have a stat sheet that merits excitement but neither does any DE we have who has been playing all year. We need all the help we can get. I just hope Gregory walks the fine line and sees his potential through.

Zordon

Reaction score
How could he possibly boost our pass rush with all the time he's missed being suspended? He hasn't been working with the team for months. He didn't boost our pass rush last season when he was on the field. He's had trouble keeping his weight up, he probably looks like a bean pole right now. He's not going to be worth a damn with all the time he missed last year and this year. If we were talking about a veteran player with experience, that's a different story but we're talking about a young player who's development has been severely stunted the past two seasons due to an injury that cost him several games and drug suspensions. Granted we're desperate for a pass rush but he would have a tough time providing what he did last season which wasn't much.
Easy. B/c Mayowa gets tossed around like a rag doll every other play.

pavalley

Reaction score
He still has 2 games left on his 14 game suspension......the NFL lets players at least start practicing on the long suspensions(10+) a couple weeks early
pretty sure his suspension is over now, been 14 weeks