News: Randy Gregory Suspended Four Games

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Don't worry.

I have taken the initiative and have written Randy Gregory's mea culpa letter to smooth things over with you fans:

Dear fans:

I come before you today to express my supreme remorse for having failed my fans, teammates, front office, my manager, my family and my posse.
The last few days have been stressful ones. I have come to learn that my direct behavior can impact so many lives and my future with the Dallas Cowboys.
I blame no one other than myself and can only say that in the coming days I will strive to be a better person, a better teammate and be true to myself, Randy Greogory, linebacker/DE, Nebraska.
There are no winners in this, only losers. I take full responsibility for the two, possibly three, no more than four, positive drug tests.
I look forward to cooperating with the NFL and Mr. Jones and his associates to right this ship called Randy Gregory, linebacker, Nebraska. During my 4-game suspension I will take the time to look deep within myself. If I do not scare myself too much, I know that after I do take that long look that I will come up with answers as to how to be a better man and athlete. The Cowboys took a chance with me and I will do my best to rise to the greatness they believe I, Randy Gregory, linebacker/DE, Nebraska, can have.
th

I welcome your prayers and best wishes and look forward to returning to the game I love as soon as humanely possible.
Thank you, Randy Gregory, DE, Dallas Cowboys

OK, men, after those heartfelt words, only the heartless among you will turn away. I hope we can all hope for the best for this young man and welcome him back, whenever that is.
Gimme

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I wouldnt say that. We still have Lawrence who should be a 10 sack guy. Gregory hurts, but he didnt even have a sack last year

This makes signing Hardy back something more important. And unfortunately now, he has leverage.

Thank goodness Calvin Hill and our special attention program is working out so well.

Plankton

Reaction score
I wouldnt say that. We still have Lawrence who should be a 10 sack guy. Gregory hurts, but he didnt even have a sack last year

Keep in mind that Lawrence will be coming off of back surgery going into this season. DE is still a big need.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Must be some good weed. It has cost him a few million bucks already.

Have we had one success story with the Cowboy's "program" to keep guys like this straight? I don't count Dez Bryant, because the worst thing he ever did was lie about having dinner with Deion Sanders.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score

Anyone recall Garrett's face when Stephan jones was breaking the news about the RGregory. RKG - not quite.

Knee jerk 2015 draft revision:
#60 frank Clark - non druggy but still a touch of violent risk

Or

Tyler Lockett WR

Both picked by Seattle after RGregory

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Must be some good weed. It has cost him a few million bucks already.

Have we had one success story with the Cowboy's "program" to keep guys like this straight? I don't count Dez Bryant, because the worst thing he ever did was lie about having dinner with Deion Sanders.

Muggles is insidious. Sure it starts with just hanging out the Sharks, riding in fast cars against the Jets. Then one day a member of the Jets comes over with a matchbox of the Devil's weed and says "Only $5 for a High that will make you hit the Sky!" The leader of the Sharks will tell you "you don't want any part of this!" but yet something inside, something animalistic will say "Ga'head, don't be a Nerd!"
Soon you are smoking it every 2 hours. Then your mom, or your dad or Big Sis will come across your marihuana needles and next is Sgt. Friday giving you the third degree and explaining what this drug will do to you. But that time it is too late. You want more and more. Sure, you say, you can quit ANYTIME. But you can't and there you are, a 17-year-old with no fugure, no money and no girls. Is this what young people want? I hope not!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah I don't recall Dez failing a drug test but keep reaching though. :rolleyes:

You can think beyond the face of his comment, can't you. Dez isn't a smart guy. Neither is Gregory, it would appear.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
So out of his 3.8 million $ contract, he has already been fined 6 game checks in the first season. Will be fined another 4 game checks in his second (so far). 10 game checks before he plays another down. On top of all the $ he missed out on by falling to # 60. And was only guaranteed something like 1.4 million or so to start with.
Plus as a premier pass rusher, what he might of made after his first contract (4 years). If we do draft a pass rusher in the first 3 rounds or so, that further relegates Gregory to a rotational DE. It will be a long, steep climb back to a lucrative contract from there. ******* !

bodi

Reaction score
can't understand these kids - they are given all kind of potential - an to be set for life

then screw it up for a joint

unreal

well might as well become a thug on top of it

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess I'm just smart enough to gather information before making a decision... not going to stand on the table for any player in mid-February... because that would be foolish.

I've already gathered information. Those grades are already out there by different resources. You just rely on the NFL.com guy to do it. Nothing wrong with that but to suggest nobody knows anything until that guy updates the site at combine time is incorrect.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So out of his 3.8 million $ contract, he has already been fined 6 game checks in the first season. Will be fined another 4 game checks in his second (so far). 10 game checks before he plays another down. On top of all the $ he missed out on by falling to # 60. And was only guaranteed something like 1.4 million or so to start with.
Plus as a premier pass rusher, what he might of made after his first contract (4 years). If we do draft a pass rusher in the first 3 rounds or so, that further relegates Gregory to a rotational DE. It will be a long, steep climb back to a lucrative contract from there. ******* !

I wonder if after losing all that money that he is going to avoid smoking some dope.

It would be a pretty impressive feat.