News: Randy Gregory Suspended Four Games

plasticman

Reaction score
Further proof of the consequences of deviating from Jason Garrett's plan of drafting "the right kjind of players".

Over the past 5 years it has just been so easy to pick out Jerry Jones's "contributions" .

A great deal of a coach's success lie in his ability to build the kind of team he wants with the kind of players he wants. I am in awe of Jason Garrett's ability to absorb this, take a great deal of undeserved heat, and keep working.

Neither Jimmy Johnson nor Bill Parcells was capable of the same. Over the past season, I have just been waiting for the total meltdown from Jason. I don't think we will ever realize the degree to which he has been burdened by an amateur GM.

Stop drafting and signing idiots!

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
McClain and Gregory both will get 1-year suspensions if they mess up again. Stupid.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Further proof of the consequences of deviating from Jason Garrett's plan of drafting "the right kjind of players".

Over the past 5 years it has just been so easy to pick out Jerry Jones's "contributions" .

A great deal of a coach's success lie in his ability to build the kind of team he wants with the kind of players he wants. I am in awe of Jason Garrett's ability to absorb this, take a great deal of undeserved heat, and keep working.

Neither Jimmy Johnson nor Bill Parcells was capable of the same. Over the past season, I have just been waiting for the total meltdown from Jason. I don't think we will ever realize the degree to which he has been burdened by an amateur GM.

Stop drafting and signing idiots!

It is pitfall of "group" decisions and "listening".

Eventually someone should be responsible for taking all the facts into account and making the best decision.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Hope this doesn't turn out like Charles Rodgers -- the WR the Lions took 2nd overall back in 2003 who was out of the league after 3 years because he couldn't lay off the weed.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Players getting busted 4 times for Dope (support structure..lol), rolling the dice on women beating DE's, They brought both Dez, and Romo back to early from injury....how did that work out.....whats next.....really says all you need to know about the 2015 Dallas Cowboys.....

Once again, Jerry Jones gambled on multiple fronts in 2015 and lost it all...cant think of 1 high risk player he has signed in 20years that actually became a productive player for the cowboys...(PacMan)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hope this doesn't turn out like Charles Rodgers -- the WR the Lions took 2nd overall back in 2003 who was out of the league after 3 years because he couldn't lay off the weed.

It is not looking good for Gregory.

Hoping he can pull through it.

But he needs something to stay clean for. And some good strong mentoring, preferably from the one person who can assure him he either has a career or does not. That comes from the head coach. Garrett needs to step in, much like Arians did for Mathieu.

Wait, we do not have that. We have a committee.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Bosa was suspended from OSU for marijuana too.......

So the two best options to replace our current drug addict are two other drug addicts. Say no to Bosa and Spence. They both have a high chance of turning into another Gregory.

rynochop

Reaction score
Chronic pot users don't just quit cold turkey, I wouldn't be surprised if he got caught before training camp gets here

RoboQB

Reaction score
I just am starting to wonder from the Randle thing, to this, and other situations--if we believe in smart players, do we actually know what smart is?

Or what is our definition of smart? From as much as Garrett's supporters say he has "learned" from Johnson, how could he have missed a nugget of wisdom he disclosed over beers on his boat in a documentary?

To me, I want a common sense player who is not going to do stupid things. On the field and off. Not a boy scout, but someone who knows how to regulate themselves and understand how to turn it on and off.

Sadly for Gregory, he's dumb. To be in the process after less than a year, that's idiot realm.

I hear ya.

Pretty sure that Gregory was all Jerry's fault, uh, I mean decision.... Ugh, Randle, that kid just couldn't help himself... dumber than a screen door on a submarine...
Back to Gregory, this kid had a Hall of Famer spend time directly with him and came away questioning whether "the light will ever come on", so to speak...
It is unfathomable how these talented kids have zero understanding of what may lie ahead of them if they simply behave... you can smoke all the weed you want
in 10 years, rich... or you can smoke what you got now and practice asking "would you like fries with that?".... smh

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Just read an article that Bosa's parents basically forced him to live like a hermit after he was suspended in 2015 for marijuana. I can't trust the psyche of a kid who has to isolate himself so that he won't get caught up with partying and other perks of the athlete lifestyle. Some people may say it shows dedication but I think it shows fragility. I want mentally strong people who can resist temptation and still live like a normal person.

links18

Reaction score
Players getting busted 4 times for Dope (support structure..lol), rolling the dice on women beating DE's, They brought both Dez, and Romo back to early from injury....how did that work out.....whats next.....really says all you need to know about the 2015 Dallas Cowboys.....

Once again, Jerry Jones gambled on multiple fronts in 2015 and lost it all...cant think of 1 high risk player he has signed in 20years that actually became a productive player for the cowboys...(PacMan)

TO tore it up for multiple seasons....

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought this was an accurate quote that I found in an ESPN story on subject...

"A lot of people across the league will snicker at the Cowboys for taking a chance on Gregory and getting burned. The holier-than-thou attitude is off-putting when every team takes chances on players. Every team."

The similar quote could be applied to many fans too.