News: Randy Gregory Suspended Four Games

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Must be some good weed. It has cost him a few million bucks already.

Have we had one success story with the Cowboy's "program" to keep guys like this straight? I don't count Dez Bryant, because the worst thing he ever did was lie about having dinner with Deion Sanders.

He can afford the best. At least for now.

bb721

Reaction score
Before we all decide to write off Randy Gregory for good let's not forget that Von Miller was in a very similar situation and I think most of you would agree that he seems to have turned out fine. He failed tests for marijuana and amphetamines. He received a four game suspension, which then turned into a six game suspension when he tried to beat the testing system with a diluted urine sample. Not saying that Gregory is as good as Miller, just saying that it's premature to give up on him.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I've already gathered information. Those grades are already out there by different resources. You just rely on the NFL.com guy to do it. Nothing wrong with that but to suggest nobody knows anything until that guy updates the site at combine time is incorrect.

Not what I was suggesting... also, I think its more than one guy at NFL.com... accumulative, I think... gotta admit I thought those scores were after the combine... my mistake...
I'll try a different approach to make my point... right now, as fans, we don't know about certain things like:

How well will Wentz do on the white board/chalk board? Can he learn quickly and retain information?
Does he understand when to audible? And can he get the team into the right play/formation?
How does he handle pressure? Can he lead at this level?

Those examples are fairly simple for an NFL QB prospect. Plus, hopefully, he will have plenty of time to decipher that "oh-so-difficult" Cowboys playbook (sarcasm!)

Like you said though, they may already know these things... but we don't, yet.

In a perfect world, nobody would've known very much about this kid and we could've swiped him in the 2nd after grabbing a blue chip defender in the 1st... but that ship has sailed... damn the luck.
As it is now, he's been talked about so much, Cleveland may take him 2nd overall...smh

rags747

Reaction score
Ha...just gotta laugh at this crap. 3 failed tests in his 1st year while a pro, u can't make this stuff up. Seems like an intelligent guy, personable etc but obviously not smart enough to know how to get around the system. Has cost him BIG $$ and will now cost him even more.

Hardy I have no desire to keep, was all in last yr but from the leaked stories I'm done unless he is super cheap. Need to get rid of Ro too. Already we start behing the 8 ball again.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
This makes signing Hardy back something more important. And unfortunately now, he has leverage.

Thank goodness Calvin Hill and our special attention program is working out so well.
I am surprised you are in favor of bringing Hardy back.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Smoke em if ya got em Randy!

I just wonder who is next, we just have to go into week one with at least two players suspended. It would not feel the same otherwise.....:banghead:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He failed 4 drug tests in his first season?

At this point he's failed 4 more drug tests than the amount of times he's sacked the QB.

Abysmal start to his career

He is also walking a tightrope for his career going forward. He is a few "mistakes" from getting kicked out of the league.

And all before his first career sack. This is such delightful news

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sign me up here and now for an oversized quarterback taken at #4 to play defensive end...

Jerryrage

Reaction score
I told everyone this guy was a pure bust. Looks like I was right. Took a lot of heat for it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I've been thinking of this comment from the moment the Gregory news popped up today... I miss Jimmy.

I just am starting to wonder from the Randle thing, to this, and other situations--if we believe in smart players, do we actually know what smart is?

Or what is our definition of smart? From as much as Garrett's supporters say he has "learned" from Johnson, how could he have missed a nugget of wisdom he disclosed over beers on his boat in a documentary?

To me, I want a common sense player who is not going to do stupid things. On the field and off. Not a boy scout, but someone who knows how to regulate themselves and understand how to turn it on and off.

Sadly for Gregory, he's dumb. To be in the process after less than a year, that's idiot realm.