News: Randy Gregory Suspended Four Games

dware94

Reaction score
They need to take the #94 jersey away from this guy. Give him a camp fodder number until stats and characteristics prove otherwise..

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I can't think of a single friend i have that doesn't smoke weed. I'm really the oddball in the group. Hell, my sister even does. It's not going away, It's growing in popularity, inching closer to closer to being as normal as having a glass of wine before bed. Unless there are studies that show it in some way benefits players game, there's no reason for it to be banned.

Having said that, Gregory is dumb. There are people with lesser paid jobs who stray from smoking due to their company's policies.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These issues cut straight across today's society...but the NFL is a poor place to seek solitude as well as a secluded chance to redirect and overcome.

That heroine cut through all sectors of society was once an alarming concept. Now, all drugs are rampant and at all levels of society as well. That reveals tons of society inadequacies...and those are shared for the most part...not cured.

We can hope...but football and examples for kids need to be kept as clean as is possible.

They need to help the kid handle his anxiety demons (if that's the problem) without the assistance of something that could end his career.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Why is marijuana still on the banned substance listing? It has scientifically been proven to have less physical and metal effects on the body when compared to alcohol. Gregory shouldn't be looked at as a troubled player bc of pot smoking unless there is a similar ban on alcohol; you know, to be fair and all:huh:

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-over-the-counter-drugs-that-will-get-you-higher-than-marijuana.php

Most businesses ban the use of marijuana...........one of the first jobs I had straight out of college was working at Dell Computers in Austin.

All employees were randomly drug tested twice a month (random meaning you didn't know on what day, but you knew you had 2 tests each month)

If you tested positive, you got a written warning............you had to pee clean for the next 6 months...........if you failed a 2nd drug test during that time, you were automatically terminated.

CCBoy

Reaction score
They need to help the kid handle his anxiety demons (if that's the problem) without the assistance of something that could end his career.

That is done best in the limelight and transitory nature of the NFL?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't think of a single friend i have that doesn't smoke weed. I'm really the oddball in the group. Hell, my sister even does. It's not going away, It's growing in popularity, inching closer to closer to being as normal as having a glass of wine before bed. Unless there are studies that show it in some way benefits players game, there's no reason for it to be banned.

Having said that, Gregory is dumb. There are people with lesser paid jobs who stray from smoking due to their company's policies.

Maybe it's not dumbness.

Maybe the kid doesn't know how to handle a certain perceived weakness in his personality or thought-process?

Addiction isn't casual use. Big difference.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What happens when/if Rolando McClain is resigned and gets a much larger suspension then?

Then the Cowboys get his salary recouped off the cap.

And that's a BIG IF... we have no idea if McClain is going to be resigned.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is done best in the limelight and transitory nature of the NFL?

One thing, and I'm guessing a bit here, is that once a person "buys into" getting help I would think the NFL a solid support system in place.

But the player has to "buy into" that they have a problem.

CCBoy

Reaction score
One thing, and I'm guessing a bit here, is that once a person "buys into" getting help I would think the NFL a solid support system in place.

But the player has to "buy into" that they have a problem.

Agreed, but he shows developed resistance and antagonism to formal and sports types of systems. Maybe money is his real motivation.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this dude Is a head case like joseph randle and the cowboys need to get rid of him now and move on. no wonder this team fails with the way the draft is run just makes u shake your head and wonder what they are doing.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Then the Cowboys get his salary recouped off the cap.

And that's a BIG IF... we have no idea if McClain is going to be resigned.

As viewed by a fan, this is an enormous albatross, as team character is strongly coming into question...as major players on the team have been far from the projected Garrett's type of players.

Trying to scotch tape the growing holes, at defensive end, cornerback, and linebacker are making a further projection for Marinelli's third season close to a crisis situation. That not even being an attempt at stirring the pot. That will come as sure as high tide.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Wish I could give this more than one like.

Oh, where there is still investment on the table, the Cowboys will do all they can to salvage the player...but he has to ask for help, himself. Then ride the road out...

RoboQB

Reaction score
So basically nobody knows anything about these players until they attend the combine and we get reports back on how they did. Then we can start forming opinions.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Wow dude... I thought we were just having a civil conversation... you can form any opinion you like... I was simply stating, from the start, that I choose to wait until I see a little more from him...
I wasn't even challenging your opinion... seems like you just want to argue... twice now, you've ended with "let me know how that works out for you"... I can tell you right now my day and your day won't
change a bit no matter what happens... the only difference is you have a hard-on for Wentz... might want to see a doctor... you may not make it to the draft.

Just remember, the Cowboys will select whomever they damned well please regardless of what any fan suggests... and they won't apologize for it... You and I have no control over that.

MrPhil

Reaction score
Oh, where there is still investment on the table, the Cowboys will do all they can to salvage the player...but he has to ask for help, himself. Then ride the road out...

I expect that they will, I expect nothing less. Jerry's history with troubled players proves that. The question is whether or not Gregory helps himself, as you pointed out.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
This sucks. I hope he gets his act together. I know people are addicted to that b.s but you gotta make a change at some point. I hope he does.