RandyOh

Reaction score
RGregory on the weed
Joey Bosa on the weed
R Nkemdiche on the weed
Noah Spence on the weed
Chandler Jones on the weed
Von Miller on the weed

They must see QBs like a big bag of Funions or something because that is quite a list.

Shhh let them keep saying cut Randy Gregory and draft Bosa or Spence because they are RKG :muttley:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Who said anything about the ability to find a QB to develop in the latter rounds?

I did say that there is no guarantee any of the top 3 will be franchise QB's. No one knows and drafting one doesn't ensure anything.

Well I thought you insinuated that with not taking a QB to develop @ 4 instead of simply pointing out that draft picks sometimes don't work out was your real point, etc? Going strictly BPA and neglecting the taking of one of the top 3 QBs is not good long term thinking. We aren't talking taking 2nd rd prospects @ 4 here? This is a calculated risk the Cowboys should be willing to take considering Romo's age and health (esp). Most top QBs are taken in the first, we have the chance to pull the trigger and think it is foolish not to do so.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
RGregory on the weed
Joey Bosa on the weed
R Nkemdiche on the weed
Noah Spence on the weed
Chandler Jones on the weed
Von Miller on the weed

They must see QBs like a big bag of Funions or something because that is quite a list.

:laugh:College athletes used to drink heavily (most still do;sweat it out the next work out AKA the Gronkowski method; seriously look it up on youtbue), now they smoke as well...:D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
That isn't how the draft works. Every player has a grade. You draft your board. Taking a QB "because we have to" as so many say in any round isn't the way to work your draft. Not to mention, there is no guarantee any QB in this draft is a franchise QB.

And though this is solid gold they may still take a QB in the first.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
There have been many over the years. Josh Gordon and Matt Prater are two recent ones. Dale Carter, Bam Morris, Darrell Russell and Charles White are some of the others.

I knew Gordon was an alcoholic but not the others. Thank you for the information and understand the NFL does step in with problem alcoholics. Was kind of under the assumption they gave the wink and the nod in regard to alcohol being on the banned substance list.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
And though this is solid gold they may still take a QB in the first.

So when do you really look at replacing Romo realistically considering all the issues, etc.? McCoy to cover for this season and draft one next year? 2nd round prospects you think more sense? Just think we disagree on what golden opportunity means; long term QB solution (not over reaching) or impact player and hope Romo stays healthy enough most of the year with prob. McCoy filling in for short term, etc. We have a top OL, top 5 WR, and a great foundation for a talented young QB who needs minimal development (1 year at most).

We have the cap space to go after Jenkins or T Johnson in FA, kick the tires w Mario Williams, money for Weddle if need be (modern passing league requires more of 2 FS system anyway w Weddle @ SS). Mid tier 1 techs? There are options even with taking a QB at 4 for development purposes.

I feel there is a contradiction in that the team would have been successful w/a top QB (Romo) but then neglect QB in the draft year in year out. This is esp true in this circumstance given the very rare opp to draft @ 4 overall and a chance to have a pick of the top 3 prospects this year. BPA according to NEED is how the 1st works. BPA followed to a tee is a fallacy in general until you get past the first 3 rds of every draft; that is the reality.

Last edited:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I can't really add to what you guys have already said. Just wanted to express my disgust. I'm TIRED of these bozos doing crap to hurt the team.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Being reported this is either Gregory's 3rd or 4th violation. Depending on what it is being 3rd or 4th would get him a suspension

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I dont think pot should have ever been banned by any sports league. It is/was illegal by the law that should be plenty. Its beyond ridiculous that its illegal and that its banned in the league. Its more ridiculous though, that players are willing to forego hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars because they need to smoke it.

I can relate to failing the combine test and the 1 after that, and maybe even 1 more, but after that it is hard to relate to.
But these guys are young and have never worked in the real world for the small pay so they dont really know
how good they have it till after it is gone, and they have to enter the real world.

It is easy for older people who work in the real world to say he is dumb, because you know what it is like, but he doesnt.

Also pot is the easy drug to detect, and it stays in the body longer than any other drug.
It is also addictive, and if he hangs with others who do smoke then that makes it even harder to quit.

getting caught or flunking the combine test was bad because the made his testing more frequent, and any use at all
is going to show up.

There is a good chance he will not be able to let the pot go, and he will wind up out of the league.

However as a 2nd round pick I think the cowboys will keep him until the 1 year suspension happens.

Fredd

Reaction score
well, BEFORE this I have been saying resign Hardy and draft Bosa anyway, this just reinforces it for me...

....and, throw out the RKG nonsense already, because how can someone be SO STUPID...rookie, trying to overcome baggage that cost him money (lower draft slot), and THEN he goes out and can't control himself again, and again, and again, and again....dope

Last edited:

IrishAnto

Reaction score
The numpty!

Welcome to the annual Cowboys suspended for X games awards.

And the winner is....

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Gregory reminds me on another Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman from years past, whose also liked to partake in marijuana and was suspended for it numerous times. He was young and very disruptive when he was on the field, but suffered from an anxiety disorder, he was very shy and could not handle being in front of a camera. He even took a fine for not showing up on media day at the Super Bowl. He is now one of Gregory's coaches on the Cowboys' team....... his name is Leon Lett

John813

Reaction score
That's a shame.

Hopefully this is his last time. Hopefully.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I can relate to failing the combine test and the 1 after that, and maybe even 1 more, but after that it is hard to relate to.
But these guys are young and have never worked in the real world for the small pay so they dont really know
how good they have it till after it is gone, and they have to enter the real world.

It is easy for older people who work in the real world to say he is dumb, because you know what it is like, but he doesnt.

Also pot is the easy drug to detect, and it stays in the body longer than any other drug.
It is also addictive, and if he hangs with others who do smoke then that makes it even harder to quit.

getting caught or flunking the combine test was bad because the made his testing more frequent, and any use at all
is going to show up.

There is a good chance he will not be able to let the pot go, and he will wind up out of the league.

However as a 2nd round pick I think the cowboys will keep him until the 1 year suspension happens.

The guy graduated college right?

He was punished by his team for abusing the system during his collegiate days as well.

No, he has demonstrated more than foolishness...and his age doesn't excuse his own actions. That would swing the rope to some point about 18, maybe. You know, when a kid can die for his country.