News: Randy Gregory Suspended Four Games

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
He has highly addictive NFL sanctioned options (Dr prescribed benzos like Xanax) to his problem but agree he may want to look into personal/career counseling until the league updates their dated policy on the substance. If marijuana (w/no physical enhancements) can assist with his anxiety disorder, why put him on a lifelong addiction track?

It's a great mystery. The league must enter this century when it comes to the use of medical marijuana particularly and at the very least grant exemptions for players who are prescribed it. Personally I think they should remove the ban altogether, but that's just me.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
That's a shame.

Hopefully this is his last time. Hopefully.

Given all the reports prior to the season concerning why he dropped in the draft and the fact that he still got popped 3-4 times after in less than a calendar year, it's apparent the guy has a serious addiction. I don't believe it's as simple as "hoping" he finally gets it and stops smoking marijuana. My belief is he's just as likely to get popped again in the near future and get suspended for a year than he is to avoid failing another test before the 2016 is over.

You almost have to move on as if he does not exist on the depth chart.

It all makes some sense now. Why else would a pass rusher universally regarded as a top 5 pick fall all the way nearly to the 3rd round? Usually you see a Shane Ray type drop but Gregory's was massive.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow dude... I thought we were just having a civil conversation... you can form any opinion you like... I was simply stating, from the start, that I choose to wait until I see a little more from him...
I wasn't even challenging your opinion... seems like you just want to argue... twice now, you've ended with "let me know how that works out for you"... I can tell you right now my day and your day won't
change a bit no matter what happens... the only difference is you have a hard-on for Wentz... might want to see a doctor... you may not make it to the draft.

Just remember, the Cowboys will select whomever they damned well please regardless of what any fan suggests... and they won't apologize for it... You and I have no control over that.

See a little more from him where? The combine? You need to learn about how good a football player is by how he runs around cones and how far he broad jumps?

RandyOh

Reaction score
Vernon to me, a better character guy. Suck and tired of signing players with a bad rep and it blows up in our faces

You do know Miami is doing everything in their power to keep Vernon and that he wants to remain in Miami right?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
So much for the words of Gregory's on draft day...he's a chronic user and I suspect he'll be out of Football in a couple of years,,,another wasted second round draft pick

CCBoy

Reaction score
So much for the words of Gregory's on draft day...he's a chronic user and I suspect he'll be out of Football in a couple of years,,,another wasted second round draft pick

He needs for all hell to fall upon his head, to see his error and want to change. Rewards for him have been ineffective to date.

Plankton

Reaction score
Being reported this is either Gregory's 3rd or 4th violation. Depending on what it is being 3rd or 4th would get him a suspension

The 4th violation triggers a suspension. The third violation triggers a four game check fine. He failed three tests as a member of the Cowboys, and his failure at the combine was his first.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
If some scrub smokes a joint and then goes to work and his idiot arse does something stupid and injures himself or someone else the company is going to cover its behind by having a zero tolerance policy as far as drugs go. No different if you show up drunk.

Gregory is lucky the NFL actually has a lenient policy towards marijuana. Any of us would be fired after the first failed test.

I personally feel that if you have a family to take care of and a job that's actually worth a damn and you're dumb enough to do drugs your arse should be fired.

Daillest88

Reaction score
You do know Miami is doing everything in their power to keep Vernon and that he wants to remain in Miami right?

Yeah, doesn't mean he will stay. I do know they're trying to give Wake an extension to free up money. Saying that. Wake will average 8 million a year, Suh is the highest paid DT in the league.. And if somehow they pay Vernon.. What else are they going to do? Putting all there eggs in one basket. That team needs help everywhere.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Per the NFL drug policy, Randy Gregory would have failed 4 tests. 1st at combine so he is in the program. Then 2 game fine, then 4 game fine, and now a 4 game suspension. Time to plan for the future without this guy.

Unbelievable.

This is exactly why its impossible for us to believe in this Franchise anymore.

They do not have a clue who to draft and can't make the right calls about who to keep and who to let go.

We constantly get players who are high risk and low committment.

What is going on with this team.?

Why are we so dysfunctional?

Dodger12

Reaction score
It's a great mystery. The league must enter this century when it comes to the use of medical marijuana particularly and at the very least grant exemptions for players who are prescribed it. Personally I think they should remove the ban altogether, but that's just me.

Why is that? Folks are making this an issue about marijuana legalization and that's not what this is about. It's just deflecting from the main issue. Owners "invest" millions on these players. It's really not a lot to ask that they keep their nose clean and not use drugs. My employer asks the same of me, as well as employers for millions of other folks.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Yeah, doesn't mean he will stay. I do know they're trying to give Wake an extension to free up money. Saying that. Wake will average 8 million a year, Suh is the highest paid DT in the league.. And if somehow they pay Vernon.. What else are they going to do? Putting all there eggs in one basket. That team needs help everywhere.

That's nice. Good thing they still have the franchise tag to put on him because he is priority #1 for them. And in case that fails, the multiple teams with 50+ million in capspace (jags have just under 80 million) will do their best to make sure he is sporting their Jersey for the 2016 season.

We also are need of help everywhere as well. By that logic we should not be trying to sign him either.

Daillest88

Reaction score
That's nice. Good thing they still have the franchise tag to put on him because he is priority #1 for them. And in case that fails, the multiple teams with 50+ million in capspace (jags have just under 80 million) will do their best to make sure he is sporting their Jersey for the 2016 season.

We also are need of help everywhere as well. By that logic we should not be trying to sign him either.

Those teams with all that money.. Don't go out and sign players, yeah they can franchise him.. And they will have no money.. They also have a qb who they aren't sure about so I doubt they push his contract back anymore.. And if we have to we can easily have close to 50 million in cap space. Demarco Murray could of been a raider last year , they offered him more than the eagles.. Theres a reason some of those teams have that cap space, either there to cheap or players don't want to go there. We haven't won a ring in 20 years and yet players still want to come here

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Gregory reminds me on another Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman from years past, whose also liked to partake in marijuana and was suspended for it numerous times. He was young and very disruptive when he was on the field, but suffered from an anxiety disorder, he was very shy and could not handle being in front of a camera. He even took a fine for not showing up on media day at the Super Bowl. He is now one of Gregory's coaches on the Cowboys' team....... his name is Leon Lett

:hammer:

RandyOh

Reaction score
Those teams with all that money.. Don't go out and sign players, yeah they can franchise him.. And they will have no money.. They also have a qb who they aren't sure about so I doubt they push his contract back anymore.. And if we have to we can easily have close to 50 million in cap space. Demarco Murray could of been a raider last year , they offered him more than the eagles.. Theres a reason some of those teams have that cap space, either there to cheap or players don't want to go there. We haven't won a ring in 20 years and yet players still want to come here

Oliver vernon has already been linked to the Jaguars as their top target as well as Malik Jackson. Teams are going to spend. Especially since the cap will continue to rise every year. We have restructure to make the required cap space. Don't forget that our young dominant offensive linemen will be coming off their cheap rookie contacts soon too.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

I take a day off and this happens....

Haven't been this disappointed in a player...maybe ever:banghead:

I'm of the mind set of making an example of this SOB.

In less than a calender year....this jackass has went from promising Jerry Jones that he would take over the world to failing 4 drug tests....Cut his *** now!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Daillest88

Reaction score
Oliver vernon has already been linked to the Jaguars as their top target as well as Malik Jackson. Teams are going to spend. Especially since the cap will continue to rise every year. We have restructure to make the required cap space. Don't forget that our young dominant offensive linemen will be coming off their cheap rookie contacts soon too.

Yup and by time that happens romo will be off the books.. Next year we will have 35 million without doing anything... And the year after that 49 million .. We have hardly any dead money.. We had Alot of free agents linked to us last year and they didn't come here.. Means nothing.