News: Randy Gregory Suspended Four Games

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I dont think we should cut him now, but we better at least be lookin at this like its strike 2, not 1.....

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
No rookie DE is going to get us to the SB. Its time to continue the rebuild, get our QB, and upgrade the DL, RB and WR this off season, and continue with the rebuild next year with the DBs and LBs. We'll be ready to roll in 2017.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
lol. Distraction to who? You?

If you can't handle a locker room the NFL playing field is no place for you.

Tired of hearing excuses why players fail to meet expectations. Too many distractions is a weak excuse.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
So did he fail during the year and they kept it under wraps? Or is it from prior to draft?

This was my first question. How did he fail drug tests after the combine and not see it blown up in the media? I'm gonna sit back and wait for some clarification before casting my pointy rock.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No rookie DE is going to get us to the SB. Its time to continue the rebuild, get our QB, and upgrade the DL, RB and WR this off season, and continue with the rebuild next year with the DBs and LBs. We'll be ready to roll in 2017.

Like the mindset but too position specific. The draft is about opportunity. It's hard enough to find players let alone at specific positions at a particular time. The best value may be LBs and DBs rather than RBs and WRs this year. You just won't know until the picks come in.

bounce

Reaction score
You mean like Dez being in the news for 'having a tape that is worse than the Ray Rice tape' and it never existed?

Or Dez owing a jeweler money, yet calls of outrage are here while more than HALF of the players in the league go bankrupt?

No, Dez isn't Randy Gregory dumb. He's not even Orlando Scandrick dumb. It's not even in the same galaxy. But, that doesn't prevent the Dez haters from trying.

YR

No, I mean like...

AUGUST 2011: Though rumors of a fight after a pre-season game at Cowboys Stadium with the mother of one of his two sons persist, no police report is filed.

JANUARY 2012: Dez is detained and questioned by Miami police after a fight involving rapper Lil’ Wayne at the famed South Beach Club LIV.

JUNE 2012: After having his driver’s license previously suspended for excessive traffic tickets, Dez is issued a conditional license by a Dallas County judge.

JULY 2012: Dez is arrested and charged with a Class A misdemeanor of domestic violence after an incident in DeSoto in which he allegedly slapped his mother, Angela.

Four instances in less than one year. None of them a huge deal on its own, but still situations he keeps putting himself in. I don't get in that many situations. I haven't been in a fight in my 35 years. He had SOME involvement in three in 12 months. I'm not saying cut him - I love Dez and think he's worth the "trouble." I think he's targeted unfairly in some instances, but he still makes dumb decisions of someone in a professional setting. These are not smart guys. They're other-worldly talented guys. But they're not smart guys.

robjay04

Reaction score
Still dumb. They constantly get themselves in positions where they're under SOME sort of scrutiny. Either legal, or media, or team, or whatever. It's not hard to stay out of trouble. You're probably an adult - same with everyone on here. How often do you find yourself getting questioned by police, or getting in fights, or getting pulled over, or pinched for drugs? Probably not often. They're adults, too. The reason they're in the news is because they frequently make stupid decisions. Because they're stupid.

I don't get why Dez should even be brought up. As far as we can tell...Dez has never been punished by the league for his behavior and he has gone at least 3 years without a single single real off the field headline.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Can DLawrence succeed at WDE as well as SDE? LTs are usually a different level.

Bosa seems more like a SDE.

He should be in play if we don't bring back Hardy.

I actually think Lawrence is better on the weak side. Hope Gregory liked that 10 million dollar joint. I guess this is good news for Mincey, maybe T. Crawford get some reps at strong side DE too, his brother Jack Crawford and David Irving can all swap 3T and SS DE.

robjay04

Reaction score
No, I mean like...

AUGUST 2011: Though rumors of a fight after a pre-season game at Cowboys Stadium with the mother of one of his two sons persist, no police report is filed.

JANUARY 2012: Dez is detained and questioned by Miami police after a fight involving rapper Lil’ Wayne at the famed South Beach Club LIV.

JUNE 2012: After having his driver’s license previously suspended for excessive traffic tickets, Dez is issued a conditional license by a Dallas County judge.

JULY 2012: Dez is arrested and charged with a Class A misdemeanor of domestic violence after an incident in DeSoto in which he allegedly slapped his mother, Angela.

Four instances in less than one year. None of them a huge deal on its own, but still situations he keeps putting himself in. I don't get in that many situations. I haven't been in a fight in my 35 years. He had SOME involvement in three in 12 months. I'm not saying cut him - I love Dez and think he's worth the "trouble." I think he's targeted unfairly in some instances, but he still makes dumb decisions of someone in a professional setting. These are not smart guys. They're other-worldly talented guys. But they're not smart guys.

so we are talking about 4 years ago?

None of which caused Dez to miss any time from his team.

Ok

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If you can't handle a locker room the NFL playing field is no place for you.

Tired of hearing excuses why players fail to meet expectations. Too many distractions is a weak excuse.

Oh no. Didn't know locker rooms were Nato meetings.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No, I mean like...

You are grasping at straws, let it go.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Oh, you mean the grade they give players heading into the combine. That's not a combine grade.

Have fun with that. I think for myself.

I guess I'm just smart enough to gather information before making a decision... not going to stand on the table for any player in mid-February... because that would be foolish.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Like the mindset but too position specific. The draft is about opportunity. It's hard enough to find players let alone at specific positions at a particular time. The best value may be LBs and DBs rather than RBs and WRs this year. You just won't know until the picks come in.

I agree with this, but there are some good DL throughout the draft, and the point of building still stands. We're not going to the SB because we select Myles Jack or Joey Bosa. If building the DB is good this year, we can upgrade the WR and RB next year. But we should be built up and ready for a good run in 2017.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Failed 4 drug test.........what a loser

Nice job lighting up a 2nd rounder, of course that is par for the course around here......see TE in the 2nd round every other year

bounce

Reaction score
so we are talking about 4 years ago?

None of which caused Dez to miss any time from his team.

Ok

I'm not saying he's a current problem, or a detriment to the team. I'm saying dumb people do dumb things and get in dumb situations. Some players are worth weathering those situations. Dez is/was one. Randy Gregory is not. Some players learn and mature. Dez Bryant has. Randy Gregory has not. Whether it's the regular season or off-season is 100% irrelevant. You SHOULD be able to trust your players/employees whether or not they're on the clock.

I didn't bring up Dez in the first place. I'm responding to whoever brought him up.