Ranking teams that would trade for Cowboys QB Dak Prescott

ghst187

Reaction score
There ya go, let's trade off what little talent we have so we can start collecting a bunch of jags.

And this is still not a guarantee that the newly rebuilt Cowboys will win anything. The roster in Dallas has been turned over multiple times since 1995. Why would another rebuild result in a championship this time. What has changed? If anything with Stephen having so much say the result might actually be worse.
Then literally nothing matters

glimmerman

Reaction score

Sandyf

Reaction score
Since Dak would have to agree to a trade then you have to determine where he might want to play with most likely Atlanta being the most likely. Then it comes to what you could get for him and I am sure the Dak detractors believe it wouldn't be much although the reality is it will be at least two 1st round picks and far more likely those two picks plus a couple of 2nds and 3rds.

Would Atlanta give that much up for him. Considering Dak would be the best QB they have had in quite a number of years and with the offensive weapons and OL they have along with a very good defense, then I wouldn't be surprised at all that they would pony up. Clearly a division they would win for several years and possibly several playoff games. Those that like Dak see it, those that don't like do not see it. You have to put the fan side of you away and look at what he has done and like it or not he does rank in the top 10 of the league QBs.

The biggest problem is if we did trade him to say Atlanta and he goes to the NFC championship game next year or Super Bowl, then what will the fan base think especially those that hate him. Be careful what you wish for because it is likely to bite you in the *** and usually does.

conner01

Reaction score
I can't see most of those teams being attractive enough for Dak to waive his clause. He'd be more likely to refuse an extension and test FA in 2025.
Exactly. But what really interesting is people think he’s a bum but other teams want to trade for him lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
Plenty of Cambells chunky soup on a cold winter day then the sleep number bed turned up way up.
Actually I can imagine it most of those teams centered their team around a strong run game stopping the run really good defense.... I mean I don't see any other quarterbacks in that division just absolutely getting your Super Bowl every single year or getting past I don't care how well Josh Allen plays in cold weather it isn't got him through a Super Bowl and it sure hasn't won him a Super Bowl yet... Players can adapt and hopefully Jack ends up on a team that actually has a better run game better in the trenches and better game plans and coaching this dude would probably do what Peyton Manning did and go win somewhere else I mean it's sad when our players have to leave to get rings but it does happen..

Heck even Randy Gregory and Kelvin Johnson are absolutely at least at the Super bowl this year.. It's not about individual players it's about the team...

starfan1

Reaction score
funny topic. I mean according to many in here the guy is absolute garbage yet 12 teams would trade for him. I call BS I doubt that many if any would take on that contract even though he would upgrade them at QB.

Proof

Reaction score
perfect post. Danny White is HATED by some of these Dak lovers . Then when all else fails they want to compare stats as if a QB stats in 1981 can any way be compared to now. Danny White did more for the Cowboys than Dak has done.
point out one. just a single example please.

kskboys

Reaction score
funny topic. I mean according to many in here the guy is absolute garbage yet 12 teams would trade for him. I call BS I doubt that many if any would take on that contract even though he would upgrade them at QB.
Stop paying attention to the 6 fans who think he's garbage, and the other 6 who think he's Mahomes.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Exactly. But what really interesting is people think he’s a bum but other teams want to trade for him lol
Of course othervteams would trade for him.

But at a REASONABLE price.

The people in here think he's worth a Herschel Walker, Russell Wilson, or Stafford haul. Yet those same people would HATE if we traded for Kirk Cousins, who is essentially the clone of Dak, just with more playoff success.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Atlanta Falcons

The Falcons have a ton of young weapons and a competent enough defense that they are just waiting for the right head-coach QB scenario to come to town. If Bill Belichick gets the gig like it appears, they’d absolutely pony up the price tag of two first-round picks to acquire Prescott and hit the ground running.
Bold> That is one way to short-circuit an entire list at the very beginning based on an opinion.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It seems like a lot of people misunderstand the so called “no trade” clause. It is better described as a “3 layer trade clause“ because it requires:
  1. The Cowboys decide they want to trade Dak.
  2. Dak approves one or more destinations to be traded (or none)
  3. An approved team and the Cowboys agree to terms.
The part that is hardest in this equation is probably the trade terms. Dak’s contract, possible new terms, etc. The best chances for a trade will be with teams that are at or near contending. With a strong running game and defense, Dak is still capable of being a good QB in the playoffs. I’m ready to move on from Dak but I believe the belief of some fans that he is garbage is just silly.

But…I just can’t see Jerry allowing any of this. The once wildcatting dice roller is acting like an old man on a small pension. The only chances he takes now are the ones his giggling son feels are safe enough.
1) Team has to want to move on from Prescott. Which they dont. The trade Prescott fantasy is going to come crashing down soon when they extend him

2) Prescott has to agree to any trade, which he probably wont. He is in a prime position for life after football. Just look at what Aikman and Romo are making. If Prescott spends his career in Dallas, and is remembered as the Cowboys QB, he will make big money in the booth. He knows this. He doesnt even have to win another playoff game

Its not happening. At best they will on when he is 34 or 35 and near the end of his next contract

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Why would any team trade for Dak?

People keep equating him to Stafford. He's no where near Stafford. Dak never has and never will have the quality of arm Stafford had, or even has now at this age.

He was the #1 pick because he had the kind of arm you only see a handful of times every 10 years.

Dak has an average arm, is now past the 30 year mark, wants to get paid, and has choked every single playoffs the Cowboys have gotten in.

You people need to wake up.

He's not Russell wilson...he's not Stafford, he's KIRK COUSINS. In fact, Cousins at least balled out and got his team to the NFC CG one year. Dak hasn't.

So ask yourself: what would you, a Cowboys fan, want Jerruh to trade for Cousins? Whatever draft picks you'd feel comfortable Jerry giving for Cousins is what another team would feel comfortable giving for Dak. You have to look at trades through the lense of what makes sense to another team...not just what you fantasize about
Truth

DuncanIso

Reaction score
1) Team has to want to move on from Prescott. Which they dont. The trade Prescott fantasy is going to come crashing down soon when they extend him

2) Prescott has to agree to any trade, which he probably wont. He is in a prime position for life after football. Just look at what Aikman and Romo are making. If Prescott spends his career in Dallas, and is remembered as the Cowboys QB, he will make big money in the booth. He knows this. He doesnt even have to win another playoff game

Its not happening. At best they will on when he is 34 or 35 and near the end of his next contract
Dallas has to be under the cap before the start of the League Year. March.

They have 4 weeks to either fix Dak's jacked up contract....or cut him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas has to be under the cap before the start of the League Year. March.

They have 4 weeks to either fix Dak's jacked up contract....or cut him.
You actually think there is anything chance of them cutting him?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK Let me explain. I don't focus on GM because it's something I CAN'T CHANGE. And I am looking for solutions because Jerry or Stephen or Jerry Jr are going to be here.

So I'm not trying to make out like my fandom is waaaaaayyyy above yours. Cowboys Nation is A trashy bunch of people. Impatient, Entitled, and a Couple of other words I can't put

up here. Yeah and you would FEEL as if you 've been patient. No One can't see there own faults, and I doubt if you have people in your life that will be truthful with you

and tell you the truth. As I have always said If it ain't you, It ain't you. But the people who It fits , put it on
Wait...you don;t focus on Jerry because it's something you can;t change..BUT...you feel you CAN change all this other stuff?

hmmm-thinking.png

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK Let me explain. I don't focus on GM because it's something I CAN'T CHANGE. And I am looking for solutions because Jerry or Stephen or Jerry Jr are going to be here.

So I'm not trying to make out like my fandom is waaaaaayyyy above yours. Cowboys Nation is A trashy bunch of people. Impatient, Entitled, and a Couple of other words I can't put

up here. Yeah and you would FEEL as if you 've been patient. No One can't see there own faults, and I doubt if you have people in your life that will be truthful with you

and tell you the truth. As I have always said If it ain't you, It ain't you. But the people who It fits , put it on
Man...I used to hate my father when he said that to me. Get a beating, show someone else did it, then "if the shoe fits wear it", or "Im sure I owed you for SOMETHING!".

Thanks for the flashback! :mad:

:)