Ranking teams that would trade for Cowboys QB Dak Prescott

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prescott is content being the Cowboys QB (where else can he go and be moderately successful - yet not receive intense backlash for not guiding his team to a deep postseason run?) ...
Have you been living under a rock these past few weeks? Dak's been getting "backlash" every day since that playoff loss!!!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you been living under a rock these past few weeks? Dak's been getting "backlash" every day since that playoff loss!!!
Mostly from relatives of his teammates. But in all fairness he earned whatever criticism he gets. His press conference quote after the game was “ I sucked”. Well, that’s great he felt what we all saw on the field but there is no excuse for it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He will be resigned before the start of the next season. Will get a huge signing bonus. People are not going to like it. But I doubt he goes anywhere.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I understand what you’re saying Ice. But I would rather be 5-12 than 8-9. Better draft picks and a clear understanding that this organization is rebuilding. It will never happen with Jerry alive though.
Nope. As long as JJ is in control Dak is the next Romo. It will take Dak retiring or a Romo thing where he gets hurt and his replacement is better.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If we trade Dak, which is unlikely due to his contract, we might as well trade Parsons and Lamb and Martin while we can still get something and do a full rebuild.
A Trade doesnt hurt/help Dallas.

It does help Dak. In fact, we'd be doing Dak a huge favor by trading him.

Anyway, it would be treated as a post June 1 cut.

We'd save the 29 million base + 5 million roster bonus.

The 59+ million dead cap is spread over 2024/2025.

I think we are looking at a March 1 deadline for Dak.

We need the cap space for our FAs. We cant do jack right now.

Polkton31

Reaction score
For years, all anyone said about Stafford was, he can't win in the playoffs. Then he goes to the Rams and wins the SB in his first year with them. Maybe all that talk about it taking a "Team" to win the SB actually has some merit. :huh:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Nope. As long as JJ is in control Dak is the next Romo. It will take Dak retiring or a Romo thing where he gets hurt and his replacement is better.
I think a negative team salary cap will take care of the Dak problem.

And March 1, 2024.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fun topic. I’ve said all season that NE and Raiders would be all over this but Pittsburgh I think would be a slam dunk.

It would have to be a marketable team that he could make the same kind of side money he does here.
I agree great place for him.

yeah but the point people are missing, and this is so ridiculously a Fantasy thread, is Dak willing to wave his NT clause. And going all in does NOT mean trade your top 5 MVP candidate at qb to rebuild. thats next year, no need to trade let the deal ride and see what happens. I think we should not extend him thats the happy middle. just make all the new deals to some of our players be backloaded low 2024 salaries, lots of restructures etc to carry daks big cap hit..its very doable. as the ALL in that what the rams and eagles did , if yo take the top 3 worst deals on the team and restructure than the new deal all back loaded low 24 salaries it opens up a lot for a few FAs..

MM and that O staff and many players all coming back, was not kept with getting rid of Dak this season.

sorry guys please note this is NOT happening unless Dak wakes up one morning and threatens hold out and demands trade himself fed up with the haters.. be careful what you wish for guys....

Creeper

Reaction score
If we trade Dak, which is unlikely due to his contract, we might as well trade Parsons and Lamb and Martin while we can still get something and do a full rebuild.
And this is still not a guarantee that the newly rebuilt Cowboys will win anything. The roster in Dallas has been turned over multiple times since 1995. Why would another rebuild result in a championship this time. What has changed? If anything with Stephen having so much say the result might actually be worse.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I agree great place for him.

yeah but the point people are missing, and this is so ridiculously a Fantasy thread, is Dak willing to wave his NT clause. And going all in does NOT mean trade your top 5 MVP candidate at qb to rebuild. thats next year, no need to trade let the deal ride and see what happens. I think we should not extend him thats the happy middle. just make all the new deals to some of our players be backloaded low 2024 salaries, lots of restructures etc to carry daks big cap hit..its very doable. as the ALL in that what the rams and eagles did , if yo take the top 3 worst deals on the team and restructure than the new deal all back loaded low 24 salaries it opens up a lot for a few FAs..

MM and that O staff and many players all coming back, was not kept with getting rid of Dak this season.

sorry guys please note this is NOT happening unless Dak wakes up one morning and threatens hold out and demands trade himself fed up with the haters.. be careful what you wish for guys....
The NT clause is meaningless from Jerry's point of view.

Trade/Post June 1 cut is all the same. That's why they allowed it in the contract.

If Jerry is going to cut Dak, Dak would be crazy not to ask for a trade.

He is due $34 million in 2024.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Motorola

Reaction score
I fell ill that Saturday before the game, and it continued the week following. Was just trying to get back to normal - thus reviewing the sports pundits reviews on TV and radio was not top of mind. (I had been ignoring them all season anyway - even skipping the links and threads that CZers posted in this forum. )
I was so checked out, I didn't even pull up the radio app to listen to "The Fan" or " The Ticket" through the Audacy App (I live in Metro Atlanta) the days following the "Annihilation at AT&T".

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Biggest waste of a thread.

This will not happen, Dak will get extended for a year or 2 and hopefully we get his successor now, so when it inevitably fails again we can part ways.

Hopefully the years of hard drinking Johnnie Walker Blue will get rid of our biggest problem soon.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Why would any team trade for Dak?

People keep equating him to Stafford. He's no where near Stafford. Dak never has and never will have the quality of arm Stafford had, or even has now at this age.

He was the #1 pick because he had the kind of arm you only see a handful of times every 10 years.

Dak has an average arm, is now past the 30 year mark, wants to get paid, and has choked every single playoffs the Cowboys have gotten in.

You people need to wake up.

He's not Russell wilson...he's not Stafford, he's KIRK COUSINS. In fact, Cousins at least balled out and got his team to the NFC CG one year. Dak hasn't.

So ask yourself: what would you, a Cowboys fan, want Jerruh to trade for Cousins? Whatever draft picks you'd feel comfortable Jerry giving for Cousins is what another team would feel comfortable giving for Dak. You have to look at trades through the lense of what makes sense to another team...not just what you fantasize about

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
For years, all anyone said about Stafford was, he can't win in the playoffs. Then he goes to the Rams and wins the SB in his first year with them. Maybe all that talk about it taking a "Team" to win the SB actually has some merit. :huh:
naw, Stafford had talent and didn't get scared in pressure situations. Maybe, the next coach or gm can get him some prozac or Qualods

You can never tell it might happen.