Rapaport: Prescott still on track for large contract extension

CWR

Reaction score
No. You can restructure Dak. Have everybody run it back on a 1 year deal and figure it all out next year. But the team is too stupid to do it
I dont think so. He's got one year left and two void years. They pushed the money back as it is. Not 100% but I don't believe there is much wiggle room.

JBS

Reaction score
I dont think so. He's got one year left and two void years. They pushed the money back as it is. Not 100% but I don't believe there is much wiggle room.
There is. Absolutely is

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the eagles fans hope he gets it and setback the team for years, maybe decades.

CWR

Reaction score
There is. Absolutely is

Well kind of, you're talking about adding TWO MORE VOID YEARS. I meant within the years we had remaining.

So Dak gets one more year and if we part ways he's on the books for FOUR MORE YEARS.

That's not a smart idea either.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Notice a large extension, not record-breaking. I'm not convinced the extension is a slam dunk. I can see Stephen and France struggling to agree on his value and those yelling discount, you can forget that.

Mark

Reaction score
An extension would amplify the biggest mistake this franchise has already made.

Financial & physical dis-entanglement from Dak has to be a priority for this ball club.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is a big Texans fan today. If Lamar loses, he takes the title of worst QB playoff record (minimum 5 starts) off Daks shoulders.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
This is the most likely outcome. However, it’s the wrong decision. Jerry!

jhj7098

Reaction score
It’s like that game last Sunday didn’t even happen. Seems like they are rewarding them for that putrid performance!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Eagle fans don't employ forward thinking like that. Most of em can't remember to change their underwear. Don't give them so much credit.
I see them high-five themselves on here bragging about it, saying find another team if you don't like it. :D

fivetwos

Reaction score
The day they move on from Dak they are going to have to go full rebuild.

Considering all circumstances, I don’t totally blame them for not wanting to do that just yet.

BUT….at LEAST go the whole way with it and mortgage the future to bring in the players needed to beat better teams.

Don’t tell me that you’re worried about the cap three years from now.

Don’t tell me that the draft is our only way to improve. If so, may as well tear it down now.

I’m not gonna be fooled into thinking they will actually DO what’s necessary, but I’ll at least give it the early off-season and see from there.

I don’t expect much anymore and it’s sad.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Excellent breakdown of the Cowboy's options.............ALL ugly (lol)

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-hell-be-with-cowboys-for-multiple-more-years

Dak Prescott’s contract guarantees he’ll be with Cowboys, for multiple more years​

Published January 20, 2024 12:12 AM

There was a question, apparently, as to whether the Cowboys would bring back coach Mike McCarthy. There’s no question that they’ll bring back quarterback Dak Prescott.

It has nothing to do with his performance, which was great during the regular season but not good enough in the playoff loss to the Packers. It has everything to do with his contract.

Prescott is entering the final year of the four-year contract signed in lieu of playing under the second franchise tag. He got to the second tag because the Cowboys refused to extend his rookie deal after three years, and then again after he completed his four-year rookie contract and he was franchise-tagged a first time.

The situation gave him considerable leverage in early 2021. He did with it exactly what team owner Jerry Jones has done throughout his entire life when he has had considerable leverage.

He took full advantage of it.