Rapaport: Prescott still on track for large contract extension

JBS

Reaction score
Well kind of, you're talking about adding TWO MORE VOID YEARS. I meant within the years we had remaining.

So Dak gets one more year and if we part ways he's on the books for FOUR MORE YEARS.

That's not a smart idea either.
No. The tweet says you can restructure him without adding those two years

Reactions: CWR

bottleKids

Reaction score
I hope he gets it. We need to see the choker with a lot less good players. He should be fine though, he will get the excuses he doesn't have nobody to play with.

but it's jerry's fault. wink, wink, right. jerry causes dak to choke.
This is where you are wrong .... once we don't resign CeeDee (half of them would be happy), or other play makers their excuses shift back to "Dak has no weapons". It is a vicious circle with them.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
If they want to be competitive they absolutely have zero choice. If they want to tank a year they have options.

But read the writing on the wall. McCarthy is in his final year. They did not bring him back to tank this season
If the Green Bay game is who we are now, they are tanking whether they want to or not.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If they want to be able to sign Lamb and any other FA’s, or field a team they have no choice.
It depends on what the new contract includes, not so much the money.
It cant include a no trade again, and they need to not push $ forward so much they cant unload him if they need to.
How much guaranteed?

If dak wont sign a friendly contract just bench him and pay the 60, and dont sign lamb etc.

Knowing jerry he will totally cave.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

full

Creeper

Reaction score
I would extend Dak and fire McCarthy, but Jerry has all the money and owns the team. But I would not let Dak fleece me. If he asks for $60 million which really means $20 million in year one and $90 million in year 4, I tell him, "Dak, I love you, man, but I can't in good conscience dedicate that much CAP space to one player when there are other deserving players on the team. If we are ever going to win a Super Bowl, it means finding 53 players and paying them. Paying you prevents me from doing that. If you want to go somewhere else now, I will understand. Tell me where and I will try to work out a deal."

Nor would I allow Dak to force me into a no trade clause. If Jerry had 1 thing, the ability to trade Dak he would be able to have a more balanced negotiation. All he has left now is to take a huge CAP hi to walk away and Dak knows it.\

But Cowboys fans, understand one thing. Even if Jerry had Dak's $60 million CAP in CAP space, it is worthless if he is unwilling to spend it on top tier players to fill his roster. With $60 million Jerry could easily lure Christian Wilkins to Dallas and pay him, but you all know he won't. He'll overpay Tony Pollard, or someone else on the team and sign free agents to vet minimums like he always does. Jerry is determined to win a Super Bowl doing it his way or die trying.

MarkP88

Reaction score
He'll end up making half a billion here.

Half. A. Billion.
That's just the way the QB market works these days, dontcha know? It's either Dak or a Quincy Carter-level replacement; there is no in between, no other choice.

pansophy

Reaction score
How does it make sense to not extend MM but to extend Dak? Why is Dak more deserving than MM of a contract extension?

We are absolutely screwed. This is going to set this team back for a while
I don’t think it’s about deserving or not, I think it’s about the reality of Dak’s cap number. I mean I don’t really get why you create a contract that you can’t ever get out from under if you want to, but it’s like we have done that with Dak.

khiladi

Reaction score
I hope he gets it. We need to see the choker with a lot less good players. He should be fine though, he will get the excuses he doesn't have nobody to play with.

but it's jerry's fault. wink, wink, right. jerry causes dak to choke.
I’m with you. I’m really not bothered, as it’s going to be fun watching Dak get benched when he isn’t surrounded by the talent he has now. I mean being the lowest rated QB when playing from behind should tell you all you need to know..