News: Rapoport says Dallas making a push to get Dak Deal done before March 10

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No deal, the franchise tag gets used on Dak and we'll be back to this same situation a year from now.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4 weeks and they've been going at this how long? This is the most no news so here ya go BS I've seen in a long time. Just keep milking it for as long as they can. Sure as hell can't make news actually playing the game.

Reaction score
He didn’t lose financially.

He just didn’t go out there and prove all the “haters” wrong.

We are right where we left off with him.. Thinking he is a slightly above mediocre QB that needs a lot of pieces around him to ever win a title.

To not make the playoffs and our record against good teams be as bad as it was somehow that was a successful bet?
A couple of points:

Regarding Dak, the "haters" will never be proven wrong. Never. They are too dug in to change positions.

The reason they did not make the playoffs are two fold:

Not generating enough turnovers, resulting in the worst starting field position in the league.
Horrendous, abominable, horrific special teams.

Fix those two things as well as yes, Dak needs to up his game as well.

As for him being mediocre, last years stats and his career stats indicate he is better than mediocre.

Reaction score
A couple of points:

Regarding Dak, the "haters" will never be proven wrong. Never. They are too dug in to change positions.

Not generating enough turnovers, resulting in the worst starting field position in the league.

As for him being mediocre, last years stats and his career stats indicate he is better than mediocre.
I should have mentioned another factor as to why the Cowboys didn't make the playoffs.

An incompetent head coach and his incompetent staff

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Remember the cave in to Zeke just before the season began? This one will happen in early March.

If I'm Dak's agent I just let Dumb & Dumber negotiate against themselves for the rest of this month.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
:popcorn: well, ok, a Dak thread.

So it doesn't take a reporter to tell us they are working on this. Crap-report tells us nothing as usual.
It is not like they are sitting around with their thumbs up their butts. Though many think so and at times seems like it. :laugh:

Exclusive Breaking News:

The Cowboys are trying to get Dak’s deal done before FA!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Remember the cave in to Zeke just before the season began? This one will happen in early March.

If I'm Dak's agent I just let Dumb & Dumber negotiate against themselves for the rest of this month.
If I'm Dak's agent I let them tag Dak and drag out these negotiations until July.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I'm sticking with my prediction.

I think the contract will be a shorter one than many expect, because Dak and his agent want to get to that new CBA money as soon as they can.

3-years, $100 million, with probably $65 - $75 million of it guaranteed. Essentially, a two-year deal with the 'club option' for year three.

He's not signing for 3 years. He's signing for at least 5 with the dead money being a wash with salary by the end of year 3.

That's 5 years - 180 million with about 105 mill guaranteed.

zerofill

Reaction score
I'm sticking with my prediction.

I think the contract will be a shorter one than many expect, because Dak and his agent want to get to that new CBA money as soon as they can.

3-years, $100 million, with probably $65 - $75 million of it guaranteed. Essentially, a two-year deal with the 'club option' for year three.

That would mean Dak was betting on himself again... not sure how well that went...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not signing for 3 years. He's signing for at least 5 with the dead money being a wash with salary by the end of year 3.

That's 5 years - 180 million with about 105 mill guaranteed.

Your opinion is duly noted as well.

Dreski

Reaction score
Hope Amari and Dak get their deals done soon so they can get straight to work when it’s time. I trust Mike McCarthy’s ability to put the team in a position to succeed.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A couple of points:

Hmmm..

Last years stats puts him right up there with the other 5 QB's who didn't make the playoffs.. He's not special.. He's in that group with them... Jameis, Rivers, Goff, and Dak..

Is he better then mediocre? Sure.. But not much.. He's a slightly better version of Alex Smith..