Rashawn Slater at 10 isn’t going to go away

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So let's say the front office legitimately believes Tyron and La'el will be healthy going into 2021 season. Do you kick Slater inside at LG? How does Slater compare to Zack Martin coming out of ND 7 years ago?
You kick him inside short term. Moving from OT to OG and then back to OT shouldn't be a problem for him if your long term plan is LT

Better prospect than Martin was. However while Martin was an excellent prospect, he was a better pro than he was a prospect

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think Slater is going to be rated higher then any defensive player on our board. Question is, this team is so desperate for defensive help, do they reach to fill a need? By the way, Newsome's 40 time will make him a 1st rd pick, his tape is extremely good.

Gaede

Reaction score
Well, he certainly seems like a good prospect, and I'm warming up to the idea of an OL at 10. Especially considering the CB depth in the draft

lk8701

Reaction score
I think Slater is going to be rated higher then any defensive player on our board. Question is, this team is so desperate for defensive help, do they reach to fill a need? By the way, Newsome's 40 time will make him a 1st rd pick, his tape is extremely good.

No this is how they ended up drafting Taco Charlton. Pitts and Slater >> Surtain and Farley. Pitts and Slater all all pro locks if they stay healthy. Suratin and Farley can easily be busts.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Super Bowl got me sold on Slater at 10. Mahomes (arguably the most talented QB ever), Hill, and Kelce couldn't do anything with both of their starting OTs out.

Then find a good swing OT in FA. The fact we keep having to throw high picks at the OL is a reason this roster is imbalanced.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I was content not drafting a CB in Round 1 with CBs like Newsome available in the 2nd n 3rd, but Ole Newsome made himself some money today.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
With Slater measuring a 6’4 I am not sure he will be there at 10. His tape against Chase Young is the best tape any player has in this draft. You know I am pro defense for this draft but this guy makes our offensive line great again.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

No surprise......read a tweet couple of weeks ago at least a 2-3 playoff team likes him a lot. Read today he ran a 4.3 40 on pro day.......you right he ain't getting out the first (lol).

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No surprise......read a tweet couple of weeks ago at least a 2-3 playoff team likes him a lot. Read today he ran a 4.3 40 on pro day.......you right he ain't getting out the first (lol).
He’s a real good corner that not many are talking about. If we traded back, he would be a nice fallback option

Cowboyny

Reaction score
With Slater measuring a 6’4 I am not sure he will be there at 10. His tape against Chase Young is the best tape any player has in this draft. You know I am pro defense for this draft but this guy makes our offensive line great again.
Adding another Zach Martin caliber player who can play anywhere along the line would make the unit a strength again

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
I would be fine with Slater at 10. It theory gives us Tyron, Slater, Biadaz, Martin and Collins when all healthy.... I think that puts us back like the 2016 line and insurance for Tyron and to a lesser degree Collins.

If hes gone, I wouldn't mind trading back. Not sure if Pitts makes us that much better... scoring isn't the issue and lack of explosive weapons...

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Adding another Zach Martin caliber player who can play anywhere along the line would make the unit a strength again
The draft show today they are arguing offensive tackle at 10 (Slater) compared to (Farley, Surtain, and Horne). Then they talk about 10 corners that could be available at 44. They brought up Leatherwood at 44 and Bucky laughed. Good show today. It’s great that Dak finally signed.