Rashawn Slater at 10 isn’t going to go away

cowboyec

Reaction score
solid player.
there is a good-lookin' board potentially setting up for us at 10...
pitts,te-florida
parsons,lb-penn st
surtain,cb-bama
farley,cb-va tech
barmore,dt-bama
paye,de-michigan
slater,ot-nwestern
darrisaw,ot-va tech

just gimmie 1 of'm:thumbup:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a deep CB Class. Team should be able to find a day 1 starter through the 1st 2 rds, maybe even at 75.
Who will be our competition for Sewell and/or Slater? I know Cincinnati. I would think the Jets, Falcons, Eagles, Lions, and Broncos also.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
I really want a top tier DT but the way we are I doubt it'll happen.
Even so I'll be happy with any top tier talent. An elite OL prospect sounds good too, our lines been pathetic.

John813

Reaction score
Who will be our competition for Sewell and/or Slater? I know Cincinnati. I would think the Jets, Falcons, Eagles, Lions, and Broncos also.

I think Cincy is our biggest threat. The rest I could see valuing a QB(Falcons, Jets, Lions Broncos) or WR(Eagles, Lions) higher.

Miami could be a wild card if they trade down IMO. Slater at RT would be Tua's blindside guy for years.

RS12

Reaction score
solid player.
pitts,te-florida
parsons,lb-penn st
surtain,cb-bama
farley,cb-va tech
barmore,dt-bama
paye,de-michigan
slater,ot-nwestern
darrisaw,ot-va tech

I am most intrigued by Barmore though doubt he is the pick at 10. Would love Slater as I think he is the safest pick and most likely to have the most productive career.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I am most intrigued by Barmore though doubt he is the pick at 10. Would love Slater as I think he is the safest pick and most likely to have the most productive career.
agreed.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Cincy for sure, Lions and a few teams right behind us.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm probably a minority here but this is why I'd consider Moehrig at 10 if Farley and Surtain are gone and go CB with the 2nd rounder. I mean if Quinn and staff believe this kid can start day one at one of the most critical positions on his D, why not. This way I've selected the best safety in the draft, can probably still find a starting CB in round two. If you believe Moehrig is a top 15-20 pick, I'm not sure 5 slots matter, especially if you're certain he can start and play at a high level.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/draf...e-jaguars-consider-taking-tcus-trevon-moehrig
Totally agree, but not sure how high he will be rated by the team. Quinn's defense puts more importance on the safety position then he does at corner.

Sydla

Reaction score
solid player.
pitts,te-florida
parsons,lb-penn st
surtain,cb-bama
farley,cb-va tech
barmore,dt-bama
paye,de-michigan
slater,ot-nwestern
darrisaw,ot-va tech

Barmore at 10 is a reach. Paye? Ewwwww. Darrisaw? Yeah, that smells like a reach at 10 too.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think Cincy is our biggest threat. The rest I could see valuing a QB(Falcons, Jets, Lions Broncos) or WR(Eagles, Lions) higher.

Miami could be a wild card if they trade down IMO. Slater at RT would be Tua's blindside guy for years.
Let’s hope these teams are in love with receivers. I am going to say it. With Sewell and/or Slater we would have the best offensive talent in the league.

Verdict

Reaction score
I would be fine with Slater at 10. It theory gives us Tyron, Slater, Biadaz, Martin and Collins when all healthy.... I think that puts us back like the 2016 line and insurance for Tyron and to a lesser degree Collins.

If hes gone, I wouldn't mind trading back. Not sure if Pitts makes us that much better... scoring isn't the issue and lack of explosive weapons...
Williams has been a weak link on the line. He’s been relatively cheap but weak. I thought he was a pretty good pick at the time, but I thought they would play him some at OT.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Simple.

1. Do not take a linebacker at 10.

2. If offensive tackle is better than the corner than take the Tackle.

3. If Kyle Pitts is available then just turn the card in and move on.
So many on here are so set on trying to fix the defense entirely in just this years draft that if we go offense in round 1, there are gonna be alot of chicken littles running around here. But I agree that Pitts and Slater should be the choice before any of the defensive players.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So many on here are so set on trying to fix the defense entirely in just this years draft that if we go offense in round 1, there are gonna be alot of chicken littles running around here. But I agree that Pitts and Slater should be the choice before any of the defensive players.

Let them.

Just because Jerry doesn’t sign FAs worth a dang doesn’t mean we have to start forcing picks because of it.

You take what the draft gives you.. Plain and simple.

Sydla

Reaction score

I think it's debatable that Slater is a better prospect than say Farley, for example.

garyv

Reaction score
6’4 304 with 33” arms- put up 33 bench reps, 7.48 3 cone, 4.88 40

Not that there was any questions on his athleticism, but yikes that’s impressive.

My mind says go Defense but my heart says go OL it was that bad last year !!!

Carson

Reaction score
My mind says go Defense but my heart says go OL it was that bad last year !!!

OL was terrible. But it was because of injuries

We missed Smith, Collins pretty much all season. Martin missed a bunch of tome, Erving barely played. Not to mention Looney and Biadasz battled injuries. It will be much better this season IMO

garyv

Reaction score
OL was terrible. But it was because of injuries

We missed Smith, Collins pretty much all season. Martin missed a bunch of tome, Erving barely played. Not to mention Looney and Biadasz battled injuries. It will be much better this season IMO

I was listening to Jimmy Johnson an hour ago and he was saying sometimes once players get injuries than later more injuries...kind of scarry

RandyOh

Reaction score
I think it's debatable that Slater is a better prospect than say Farley, for example.
I feel slater has a much higher floor then Farley and a ceiling just about as high as Farley. To me he comes off as a safer prospect all around then Farley. Especially after mearing at 6'4" with 33 inch arms. That was his biggest knock before his pro day. People saying he was shorter then 6'3" with short arms. I will say though I would not be upset with Farley as our pick, I think he will be a good player for a long time that fills a premium position.