Rashawn Slater at 10 isn’t going to go away

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I think Slater will probably be 1 of maybe 4 or so prospects that could be the pick. We really need to hit on whoever it is.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The draft show today they are arguing offensive tackle at 10 (Slater) compared to (Farley, Surtain, and Horne). Then they talk about 10 corners that could be available at 44. They brought up Leatherwood at 44 and Bucky laughed. Good show today. It’s great that Dak finally signed.
As I said, Dak was always coming back

MrPhil

Reaction score
Considering the amount of money they are paying Dak, keeping him upright and healthy should be task #1.

Once that is accomplished with either what we have or through the draft, then focus 100% on the defense.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Considering the amount of money they are paying Dak, keeping him upright and healthy should be task #1.

Once that is accomplished with either what we have or through the draft, then focus 100% on the defense.
wouldnt Trust this oline to protect my 160 mil asset. We better draft a tackle.Spencer Brown or Radunz at 44 might be options.

Rayman70

Reaction score
COLLINS, SMITH and even Martin were all hurt last year..oh...and so was Joe Looney lol..Collins might actually worry me more than all of them. I'm not sure he will ever come back 100%. He was fat, out of shape, had a car wreck, had hip surgery all in one offseason lol...SO yes, I am bigtime skeptical.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Picking for need last year would have got us K'Lavon Chaisson over CeeDee Lamb. Let's just say that after one season, one guy's future is looking substantially brighter than the other (and I was/am a Chaisson fan).

I have zero doubt that Rashawn Slater could make Pro Bowls at center or guard, and his measurements today don't write off a future at tackle either. Speed, strength, quickness, fundamentals, tape, sabermetrics, counting stats... no matter how you look at him, Slater is a beast. So if you've got a boom or bust defender on one hand and a no-doubt stud OL on the other, take the stud.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The draft show today they are arguing offensive tackle at 10 (Slater) compared to (Farley, Surtain, and Horne). Then they talk about 10 corners that could be available at 44. They brought up Leatherwood at 44 and Bucky laughed. Good show today. It’s great that Dak finally signed.
Yeah, it's a deep CB Class. Team should be able to find a day 1 starter through the 1st 2 rds, maybe even at 75.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a deep CB Class. Team should be able to find a day 1 starter through the 1st 2 rds, maybe even at 75.

I'm probably a minority here but this is why I'd consider Moehrig at 10 if Farley and Surtain are gone and go CB with the 2nd rounder. I mean if Quinn and staff believe this kid can start day one at one of the most critical positions on his D, why not. This way I've selected the best safety in the draft, can probably still find a starting CB in round two. If you believe Moehrig is a top 15-20 pick, I'm not sure 5 slots matter, especially if you're certain he can start and play at a high level.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/draf...e-jaguars-consider-taking-tcus-trevon-moehrig

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Slater could start at LG or RT and eventually transition over to LT for good.

Only way I’d take him is if we made him our starting LG with designs to take over Tyron’s spot in a few years.

IMO, when you’re picking at #10 you have to get a starter out of it. I’ve got no issues replacing Conor Williams and letting Biadasz and McGovern battle it out at center.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I'm probably a minority here but this is why I'd consider Moehrig at 10 if Farley and Surtain are gone and go CB with the 2nd rounder. I mean if Quinn and staff believe this kid can start day one at one of the most critical positions on his D, why not. This way I've selected the best safety in the draft, can probably still find a starting CB in round two. If you believe Moehrig is a top 15-20 pick, I'm not sure 5 slots matter, especially if you're certain he can start and play at a high level.

i dont think the cowboys consider Safety a premier position,they are definitely not drafting one in the top 10.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
[QUOTE="reddyuta, post: 10841037, member: 15732"]i dont think the cowboys consider Safety a premier position,they are definitely not drafting one in the top 10.[/QUOTE]

You're right but that was before MM and Quinn......

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
[QUOTE="reddyuta, post: 10841037, member: 15732"]i dont think the cowboys consider Safety a premier position,they are definitely not drafting one in the top 10.

You're right but that was before MM and Quinn......[/QUOTE]

But Jerry's still there, so does that make a difference?

We hope so, but who knows?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Depends on how Smith and Collins come back. If they're at or near 100%, then the o-line should be good enough, depth is still a problem even in that scenario, but I think we'll see that if Smith and Collins aren't expected to be good to go, then we'll see an o-line guy early in the draft. But if they are I expect defense to go in the first two picks, barring another Lamb situation of course, Cowboys proved they aren't above bypassing need if a true "blue chip" player is there for the taking...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Simple.

1. Do not take a linebacker at 10.

2. If offensive tackle is better than the corner than take the Tackle.

3. If Kyle Pitts is available then just turn the card in and move on.