Rate the last movie you saw

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
jimnabby;3798095 said:
Which version? They're both hilarious. And Peter Dinklage (the dwarf) is in both of them. He also stars in one of my absolute favorites, "The Station Agent", a completely different type of movie.

Chris Rock version. Nice to see him and Martin Lawrence toned down for a change.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Last Exorcism 7/10

Pretty creepy and I did like it, but what's with that ending?

It also seemed like the movie didn't know if it wanted to be a documentary or normal film.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
TheCount;3798055 said:
Well I won't laugh, but you may have a short memory. :)

I didn't see many films this year -- and I wasn't blown away by Inception like everyone else.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Soul Plane 4/10

Snoop Dogg as the pilot? How could it fail? Sadly, it did.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Saw The Fighter again. Still a very good movie at 8.5/10. Great acting all over and even pretty good acting by Walberg.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3798020 said:
The Black Swan 10/10
Devil 8/10
Tron: Legacy 8/10

Those are my top three films of 2010. Laugh if you must. I make no apologies for it.

I keep hearing about how good this movie is, but my GF says it's ****ING ********. Is it that good?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The King's Speech - 8/10. A very well done movie. It's pretty much what you'd expect from watching the trailer with some occassional good humor thrown in. I don't consider it something I'd watch many times, but it's definitely worth seeing once.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Rynie;3802085 said:
I keep hearing about how good this movie is, but my GF says it's ****ING ********. Is it that good?

IMO it's nothing to get excited about. I would give it a 7/10. I've seen better. Everyone has different tastes though I suppose.

Tron Legacy: 8/10
Little Fockers: 4/10
Sin City: 8/10

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS

1/10 it was just awful.

I just do not get why Steve Carrell keeps getting jobs.

movie was predictible. clichee as it gets and I am still trying to figure out if it was a comedy.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
The Town

8/10 Pretty good, never got board. Good balance in this movie with the slower parts of the storyline with the action parts mixed in, had a good flow to it. Not really a Ben Affleck fan but he was pretty good in this. Overall a good evening burner.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;3804628 said:
The Town

8/10 Pretty good, never got board. Good balance in this movie with the slower parts of the storyline with the action parts mixed in, had a good flow to it. Not really a Ben Affleck fan but he was pretty good in this. Overall a good evening burner.

Didn't find the bank manager all that hot. Some Blake Lively nudity would have helped.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
bbgun;3804728 said:
Didn't find the bank manager all that hot. Some Blake Lively nudity would have helped.

You won't believe this. My 8 y/o nephew came in during the "love" scene with Lively/Affleck and my mother-in-law tells him to cover his eyes, so he says he will if I (me) will, so I covered my eyes as he did and I missed it. BTW, yes, I was watching it at my in-laws house.
:laugh2:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Natalie Portman won best actress at the Golden Globes. It must have been for her beautiful scene with Mila Kunis. Lord knows, I would give her 10 Golden Globes for that scene.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;3802766 said:
DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS

1/10 it was just awful.

movie was predictible. clichee as it gets and I am still trying to figure out if it was a comedy.

Blockbuster had issues with their Streaming Media for that one, so we only got about halfway through it. We got our money back and have no plans to give it a retry.

Niche Actors always seem to have a relatively short shelf life once they get lead roles (Chevy Chase, Jim Carrey), but I would say that Steve Carrell did great voice work in Despicable Me.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;3802766 said:
DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS

1/10 it was just awful.

I definitely liked the original better--Le Dîner de cons (8/10) but i did enjoy Dinner for Schmucks. I would give this version 6.5/10 or so.

A-Team----- better than i thought although i didn't really get the casting. 6.5/10

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The White Ribbon.

Foreign film, black and white, subtitles, slow, kind of boring, a disturbing part or two in it yet oddly enough it kept me wanting to see the ending. The payoff was not worth it.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
True Grit - 9/10

Loved it. I actually can't think of a complaint I had about the film really, Coens even managed to have a "coherent" ending this go round. I'm a sucker for westerns and while this wasn't technically a western, I enjoyed every moment. The characters were just that, felt like I could have watched an entire movie about any single one of them and enjoyed myself.

Barry Pepper was great in this, for the short amount of time he got. I think he's a very underrated actor.

Duane

Reaction score
ethiostar;3809081 said:
I definitely liked the original better--Le Dîner de cons (8/10) but i did enjoy Dinner for Schmucks. I would give this version 6.5/10 or so.

A-Team----- better than i thought although i didn't really get the casting. 6.5/10

I liked Dinner as well. It wasn't non-stop laughter but had plenty of funny moments.