Rate the last movie you saw

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rynie;3871996 said:
The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia....8/10

This is a documentary about the most white-trash, redneck family in Boone County, West Virginia. They fight, rob, steal, party, whatever! I watched it on Netflix. It's so gnarly. I highly reccomend.

Ahh, the BP Story. I've been wanting to watch that. :muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/91c950b1.png

8/10

Independence Day meets Saving Private Ryan. If the acting was a bit better, I would have given it a 9 out of 10.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Was kinda disappointed at the bad reviews. I'll still go see it, though, because it looks awesome.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;3873612 said:
Was kinda disappointed at the bad reviews. I'll still go see it, though, because it looks awesome.
I'm not really surprised by the negative reviews. If anyone is expecting Academy Award level acting out of this film, they will be severly disappointed.

Aaron Eckhart's acting is highest among all others, mainly because the action centers primarily on him. I thought that his naturally stoic persona and delivery made him a solid casting choice for the role though.

Michelle Rodriguez's performance comes in a distant second, but that's mainly due to how constrainted her role is. [MINOR SPOILER: I'm just glad to see her character survive one of these movies for a change! :) ] All the other acting is pretty much cookie cutter in nature, but useable in my opinion.

I was satisfied with the storyline. No one has a genuine clue as to how the military would respond to an alien invasion. I thought that it was realistic enough, with the engagement scenes limited to Southern California/Los Angeles only. [MINOR SPOILER: The absence of FORCE FIELDS was a joy in and of itself]. Keeping the movie focused solely on the Marine platoon's perspective and not cutting away to command centers, the president, other cities engaged in the war, etc., was a big plus as well in my book.

All movie fans are not going to enjoy this kind of film. I'm the type who enjoyed Cloverfield, but understand the reasons why others were so critical of it as well. I would still recommend it for fans of suspense and war theme movies.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Battle: LA - 6.5/10. Pretty disappointed about this one, I thought it looked really good. While the action is okay, most of the good stuff was in the trailers. The story is pretty basic, but not done that well. It's very cliched and overly melodramatic. It borrows heavily from some not great sources and the ending is basically a carbon copy of another alien invasion movie (just on a smaller scale).

kmp77

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3874489 said:
Battle: LA - 6.5/10. Pretty disappointed about this one, I thought it looked really good. While the action is okay, most of the good stuff was in the trailers. The story is pretty basic, but not done that well. It's very cliched and overly melodramatic. It borrows heavily from some not great sources and the ending is basically a carbon copy of another alien invasion movie (just on a smaller scale).

Dang. I thought Skyline was going to be the bad one and B:LA would be the good one. Looks like they're both either bad or just ok :(

Is this at least better than Skyline?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay;3874489 said:
Now I hafta read theogt's review. :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maikeru-sama;3874633 said:
The Adjustment Bureau
9/10

Really enjoyed this movie from start to finish.
I want to fit that one in between now and my next big anticipated movie release (see avatar).

Kevinicus

Reaction score
kmp77;3874494 said:
Dang. I thought Skyline was going to be the bad one and B:LA would be the good one. Looks like they're both either bad or just ok :(

Is this at least better than Skyline?

I haven't seen Skyline yet, but from what I heard, I'd guess that yes, it's better than Skyline.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
DallasEast;3874636 said:
I want to fit that one in between now and my next big anticipated movie release (see avatar).

They showed the trailer for Sucker Punch before The Adjustment Bureau started.

Not too sure that is going to be good.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Little Big Man.

Have not watched it in a long time so I broke out the DVD and watched it last night.

Still LOVE that movie

Oh and Faye Dunaway (sp?) is so hawt playing Mrs Pendrake. grrrrr.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3874705 said:
They showed the trailer for Sucker Punch before The Adjustment Bureau started.

Not too sure that is going to be good.

I am SO excited for Sucker Punch. I have no clue what it's about, but they had me at Dragons and Gatling-Gun wielding Samurai.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Lincoln Lawyer 9/10 Small budget movie, shaky camera, but it was pretty good. A little annoyed with the ending, but it was great overall.

Paul 8/10 funny! I loved Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz though. The pokes on creationism could have been more creative.

kristie

Reaction score
the girl who kicked the hornets nest

8/10

got sluggish in some parts & got a little dull in some others, but overall it did manage to keep my attention. the actress who plays lisbeth was terrific just like she was in the first two movies.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
VietCowboy;3882491 said:
Lincoln Lawyer 9/10 Small budget movie, shaky camera, but it was pretty good. A little annoyed with the ending, but it was great overall.

Paul 8/10 funny! I loved Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz though. The pokes on creationism could have been more creative.

Or left out altogether. The t-shirt is awesome though.

Paul 6.5/10. Not a huge fan of Shaun or Fuzz, but they're okay. I'd put Paul at about the same level. It's funny at times, not quite so funny at others, just a mixed bag. Seth Rogen's voice gets annoying after awhile as well. All in all, an average comedy that will work better for those that don't mind Rogen in large doses. Kristen Wiig almost makes up for him though.

The Kids are Alright - 6/10. To me, the "political" aspects of this movie were the reason for it's critical acclaim. The adult characters in this movie are just awful people. The titular kids are irrelevant for a good chunk of the movie, and not all that interesting when they are relevant. Just not a very pleasant viewing experience.

Limitless - 7/10. This is not that great of a movie, and certainly isn't all that smart, but it's an entertaining movie with a solid lead performance by Cooper. It's unfortunate that the film didn't do further exploration of where such a drug could go and other potential issues that could arise. And it could have made some smarter decisions and avoided the somewhat cop out of an ending to become a really good movie.

kmp77

Reaction score
TheCount;3874803 said:
I am SO excited for Sucker Punch. I have no clue what it's about, but they had me at Dragons and Gatling-Gun wielding Samurai.

Directed by Zack Snyder.....who did Watchmen, 300, and the upcoming Superman movie!

The trailer looks like a live action anime.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saw the Adjustment Bureau...I'm mad at the ending. Very anticlimactic.

7/10

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3882523 said:
Or left out altogether. The t-shirt is awesome though.

No, I think it was a great idea. Their movies often poke fun at some aspect of American culture, i.e. in Hot Fuzz, they made fun of the buddy cop movie. Here, this movie made fun of the "nerds" who attend comic-con, speak Klingon, etc.

Anyway, won't say anything more except "you just can't win with these people."

urface59

Reaction score
Kick-***, 9/10
What's not to love about an irreverent raunchy film that mostly consists of a female child brutally murduring coke dealers in graphic ways while dressed as a superhero?