Rate the last movie you saw

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Battle: LA 9.5 out of 10. Loved this movie from start to finish. Can't wait to add this movie to my dvd collection.

:clap:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Monsters: 7/10

Well done movie although the political undertones are pretty obvious. For a low budget film though it was well shot and well acted, I enjoyed it. It's a little slow for an "alien" movie, but still pretty good.

The Thing: 8/10

Never watched from beginning to end, but man did they do some great things in this movie without the aid of advanced CGI. I forgot how good the makeup and all that was.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;3882744 said:

Never watched from beginning to end, but man did they do some great things in this movie without the aid of advanced CGI. I forgot how good the makeup and all that was.
I have always enjoyed the original and the sequel. Now comes word that a new remake is in the works or completed if I recall correctly. Here's hoping they keep up the good tradition. :crossed:

kmp77

Reaction score
DallasEast;3883097 said:
I have always enjoyed the original and the sequel. Now comes word that a new remake is in the works or completed if I recall correctly. Here's hoping they keep up the good tradition. :crossed:

It's a prequel.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Karate Kid 2010: 6/10

They did a good job, but the original was better. This was an adaption of a remake? I guess what is what you would call it. It wasn't a true remake since it did revolved around the same characters, but it did follow the same story line.

Not sure the movie guys should run with that idea again.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Continuing with the remake theme:

Let Me In - 6.5/10

IMO Let the Right One In didn't need to be remade, and definitely not this soon. It's been a couple of years since I saw the original so the details of it aren't fresh in my mind, but the extra attention given to the attack scenes in this version diminished the overall story for me.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A few low budget horror/gore/thriller films

Showtime has a splatterday section in their on demand area.

Sometimes they will have a movie or two most have heard of but for the most part they are low budget B movies that are thrillers, gore or horror films. Sometimes the B movies can be ok for their genre, other times they are even bad for their genre and budget.

Road Kill

Really a boring movie, pretty easy to figure out but even then the premise is pretty stupid IMO. Oddly enough, the acting and directing was not bad for the movie. This movie was made in Australia. If the story and plot line would have been a tad better, the movie would have done much better.

Pig Hunt

Again lower budget. Acting was ok for the budget but could have been better. The story itself was kind of cool. Nothing ground breaking or original. They just could have tied it in a little better as somethings were kind of out of left field. The main monster at the end looked kind of cool for the budget. Also it is nice to know that there are crazy hillbillies in California besides the clampetts.

Tell Tale

Not really a low budget as much as a movie that did not seem to get much press or something. I don't recall hearing about this movie but you could tell it was not in the low budget genre as the other two mentioned as there were some name actors in this one.

All in all it was ok for what it was. There have been other movies where someone receives an organ from a donor and then they start seeing how the person was killed. That is the main premise of this movie but then you add in a divorced man raising a daughter with a rare physical condition and also part of a love story to a degree.

It was not great, it was not terrible but was an ok time waster. Also the type of film where they try to surprise you with a twist in the end but you probably figure it out before it gets there. It left it open at the end after the twist was revealed...which kind of made your imagination think of what could or would happen.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TheCount;3882744 said:

John Carpenter's best film not named Halloween.

I still, however love the original The Thing from Another World.

thething.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikmaniac;3883274 said:
John Carpenter's best film not named Halloween.

I still, however love the original The Thing from Another World.

thething.jpg

I liked the John Carpenter version better.

With the original I kept waiting for Miss Kitty, Doc or Festus to pop up somewhere. :p:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Boom;3883213 said:
Continuing with the remake theme:

Let Me In - 6.5/10

IMO Let the Right One In didn't need to be remade, and definitely not this soon. It's been a couple of years since I saw the original so the details of it aren't fresh in my mind, but the extra attention given to the attack scenes in this version diminished the overall story for me.

I AGREE!

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
The Fighter - 7.5/10

Enjoyable film that easily overcomes the wooden acting of Mark Wahlberg by providing a good performance from Amy Adams and an excellent performance from Christian Bale. I was more impressed during the credits when they showed real footage of Dicky, as Bale nailed him perfectly. I would have been startled with his weight loss to achieve Dicky's withered look, if I hadn't already seen him turn into Skeletor for The Machinist.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;3883276 said:

With the original I kept waiting for Miss Kitty, Doc or Festus to pop up somewhere. :p:
You are SO wrong for that! :laugh2:

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BrAinPaiNt;3883276 said:

I had to google that...just so you know. ;)

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;3883483 said:
I had to google that...just so you know. ;)

What? Who Miss Kitty and Festus are or why they would be in The Thing? LOL

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
AmarilloCowboyFan;3883491 said:
What? Who Miss Kitty and Festus are or why they would be in The Thing? LOL

haha

I guess both!

There has to be a James Arnes link somehow. I'll dig through that brain of Brainpaint. It's a dark, complicated void where some have gone and never returned!

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikmaniac;3883495 said:
haha

I guess both!

There has to be a James Arnes link somehow. I'll dig through that brain of Brainpaint. It's a dark, complicated void where some have gone and never returned!

James Arness was in the Original Thing

James Arness played Marshall Dillon in Gunsmoke with characters named Miss Kitty, Doc and Festus (among others).

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BrAinPaiNt;3883502 said:

James Arness played Marshall Dillon in Gunsmoke with characters named Miss Kitty, Doc and Festus (among others).

I knew it!

dwdj75

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3883502 said:

Ah, fond memories of watching Gunsmoke, followed by the Rifleman.