Rate the last movie you saw

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
vta;3859210 said:
Moon. 7/10 Weird movie I'd never heard of but caught on cable. Pretty cool.

I thought this movie had so much potential, but I just walked out of it.

ethiostar

Reaction score
vta;3859210 said:
Moon. 7/10 Weird movie I'd never heard of but caught on cable. Pretty cool.

Rynie;3861122 said:

I actually enjoyed this movie.

I rated it slightly higher too if i recall.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Rynie;3861122 said:

:laugh2:

I'm betting there's a difference between going to the theater and just catching it on cable randomly. I never heard of it and had no expectations for it. It seemed a little short though.

kmp77

Reaction score
The Fighter 8/10

Decent story and directing. You really didn't connect with the main character though and Marky Mark did his usual half passable acting performance.

Now.....Christian Bale....his part gets 10/10. No wonder he won the oscar. He stole this movie. AMAZING acting performance with this character. I could just watch him and scenes he wasn't in, I was just waiting for him to come back.

The mom and sisters....%@!$@$!#...holy cow white trash can be scary. I've been around east texas white trash and new england white trash. Something about new england white trash that's 10x more "gross"....I think its trash + having an attitude. These ladies pull it off and make me thankfull not to have people like that in my life.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
kmp77;3863956 said:
The Fighter 8/10

Decent story and directing. You really didn't connect with the main character though and Marky Mark did his usual half passable acting performance.

Now.....Christian Bale....his part gets 10/10. No wonder he won the oscar. He stole this movie. AMAZING acting performance with this character. I could just watch him and scenes he wasn't in, I was just waiting for him to come back.

The mom and sisters....%@!$@$!#...holy cow white trash can be scary. I've been around east texas white trash and new england white trash. Something about new england white trash that's 10x more "gross"....I think its trash + having an attitude. These ladies pull it off and make me thankfull not to have people like that in my life.

Absolutely agree.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Adjustment Bureau - 6.5/10. Interesting concept (though the more I think about it, the more it falls apart), and decent performances (particularly by Blunt), but it drags here and there, and the ending was pretty weak. I'd say it's a rental.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Lost Highway - 7/10

Pretty cool, odd-ball Lynch flick. Robert Blake was a complete freak in this movie.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Hall Pass - 6/10 Full of crude humor if you are into that (I am). Had some funny moments. Had some dull moments.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3864056 said:
The Adjustment Bureau - 6.5/10. Interesting concept (though the more I think about it, the more it falls apart), and decent performances (particularly by Blunt), but it drags here and there, and the ending was pretty weak. I'd say it's a rental.
Really? I guess if Paul Blart seemed interesting to you....

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3864056 said:

My wife wants to see this movie, but it's so difficult to judge your movie reviews.

That said, I watched Malice again. 7.5/10. I still love the twists the movie has, though the movie "Shattered" with Tom Berenger is still IMO the best surprising plot twist movie I've ever seen. (though I haven't seen that one in well over 10 years either)

Kevinicus

Reaction score
theogt;3865934 said:
Really? I guess if Paul Blart seemed interesting to you....

:rolleyes:

A Single Man seemed interesting to you, so I'd say just about everything should pique your interest.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
TheCowboy;3865874 said:
Did anyone see the king's speech and is it really that good?

Yes, it was very good and well worth watching...but it was not the best movie of the year. True Grit, Inception and The Social Newwork were all better IMO. It won the Oscar because it was the most "artsy" choice.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3866506 said:
Yes, it was very good and well worth watching...but it was not the best movie of the year. True Grit, Inception and The Social Newwork were all better IMO. It won the Oscar because it was the most "artsy" choice.

I don't feel it fit the "artsy" description very much at all. And IMO, except for Inception it was the best movie of the year (of those nominated). I would say, of those that were nominated, Winter's Bone (which I just watched tonight and is by far the worst of the bunch that I've seen) and especially Black Swan are the films that could be described as "artsy."