Rate the last movie you saw

urface59

Reaction score
Rango, 10/10: never expected it to be so good. Ranks up with toy story in terms of animated films. Exciting, hilarious and touching. Amazing movie. Even pays homage to fear and loathing when rango has a brief encounter with the fear and loathing duo on the dessert highway.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Defiance: 9 out of 10. I don't know how this one slipped through the cracks and maybe my rating is due to no expectations, but I streamed it through NetFlix and it was an excellent movie. Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber did great jobs in their roles. Probably could have given a little more depth to the female supporting roles, but otherwise no complaints at all.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Sucker Punch: 4.5/10. This is turning into a disappointing year so far. Thankfully, most of what I've seen has been free.

This movie was summed up pretty well by the person walking out behind me. He said it was like Zack Snyder had a whole bunch of ideas to put into a movie but didn't really have an idea of what to do with them, so he took some lame plot and tried to make all those ideas fit in there somewhere.

To me it was kind of like watching one of those music videos that kind of, sort of, has the makings of a story, but not really, but it at least looks cool. Problem was, it went on for almost 2 hours. There were songs blaring throughout almost every frame of this film. There was absolutely no tension during the action (the music was a big contributor to this), and the "plot" holding all those pretty scenes from the trailer together is barely explored and lacks any of the emotional depth and pathos needed to make the audience really care what happens to these people.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Im looking forward to Sin City 2. Sin City reminds me of some Tarinto stuff(I know he directed a section of it). It was so original and entertaining

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3886079 said:
Sucker Punch: 4.5/10. This is turning into a disappointing year so far. Thankfully, most of what I've seen has been free.

This movie was summed up pretty well by the person walking out behind me. He said it was like Zack Snyder had a whole bunch of ideas to put into a movie but didn't really have an idea of what to do with them, so he took some lame plot and tried to make all those ideas fit in there somewhere.

To me it was kind of like watching one of those music videos that kind of, sort of, has the makings of a story, but not really, but it at least looks cool. Problem was, it went on for almost 2 hours. There were songs blaring throughout almost every frame of this film. There was absolutely no tension during the action (the music was a big contributor to this), and the "plot" holding all those pretty scenes from the trailer together is barely explored and lacks any of the emotional depth and pathos needed to make the audience really care what happens to these people.

The previews looked so lousy, I'm glad it sucked. The next time we go to the movies will probably be to see Kung ** Panda 2.

joseephuss

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3886083 said:
Im looking forward to Sin City 2. Sin City reminds me of some Tarinto stuff(I know he directed a section of it). It was so original and entertaining

Have they even started filming yet?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3886079 said:

I'm sooooooooooo looking forward to this now.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
theogt;3886458 said:

I'm actually looking forward to Snyder's spin on Superman (especially with the Nolan's being involved as well).

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;3886758 said:
I'm actually looking forward to Snyder's spin on Superman (especially with the Nolan's being involved as well).
Given my avatar, you can tell I'm excited to see that too (it's Henry Caville, the new Superman).

kmp77

Reaction score
theogt;3886458 said:

There's a review of that film on aintitcool and it just rips this film apart and says it may hurt his filmmaking career. Ouch. Hopefully his Superman comes out good.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
The Producers (1968). 9/10 Still a great movie. The brilliance of mel brooks.

The Proposal 6/10 meh. I love Sandra Bullock, and a solid performance by her, but the movie was just meh for me.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3887376 said:
Sorry, it appears you won't be allowed to like this movie.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sucker-punch-2010/
Good thing I've never actually based my opinions on those reviews.

...or seen Paul Blart. Here's a reminder that your taste in movies so bad you actually took the time to watch this:

Lana417-2830-full.gif

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm gonna see SuckerPunch this weekend, been looking forward to it.

You know you married the right woman when she says, "Let's have a date night, want to see SuckerPunch?"

I had to pretend she was twisting my arm, I think I sold it pretty well. If I play my cards right, maybe I can get her to pay for dinner and snacks as well!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VietCowboy;3887408 said:
The Producers (1968). 9/10 Still a great movie. The brilliance of mel brooks.

The Proposal 6/10 meh. I love Sandra Bullock, and a solid performance by her, but the movie was just meh for me.

Betty White cracked me up in that movie.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TheCount;3887446 said:
I'm gonna see SuckerPunch this weekend, been looking forward to it.

It just looks so...out there.

I like Snyder's style but this looks so psychadelic, however I'm not judging it by any means. The trailer is very busy with the Zeppelin, a dragon, Fokker Triplanes, B-25's, hot blondes wielding swordes...it's got it all! :laugh2:

Let it be known that I did enjoy 300.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;3887603 said:
It just looks so...out there.

I like Snyder's style but this looks so psychadelic, however I'm not judging it by any means. The trailer is very busy with the Zeppelin, a dragon, Fokker Triplanes, B-25's, hot blondes wielding swordes...it's got it all! :laugh2:

Let it be known that I did enjoy 300.
Yes, it's as if you gave a 12 year old anime geek $100 million and told him to make a kick *** movie. It looks totally over-indulgent -- which is why I want to see it. :)