Rate the last movie you saw

Kevinicus

Reaction score
theogt;3887425 said:
Good thing I've never actually based my opinions on those reviews.

...or seen Paul Blart. Here's a reminder that your taste in movies so bad you actually took the time to watch this:

Lana417-2830-full.gif

It's okay, you can stop trying to hide it. We all know you secretly love Paul Blart. And we all know you fall lock step with the critics. This is probably the reason you're reluctant to expose your passion for all things Blart. We know, and it's okay. Just let it out.

urface59

Reaction score
Speaking of paul blart, its evil step brother observe and report was pretty damn good.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/9a14694f.png

8.0/10.0

Loved the symbolic opening with Baby Doll sitting on the bed as the curtains opened, but the next 25 minutes following her incarceration at Lennox House was pretty pathetic. The only saving grace was the action, which is top-notched from beginning to end.

The storyline solidified itself (thankfully) to carry the rest of the movie. The abstract symbolism will lose some moviegoers, even those who liked 300 or Watchmen--but I enjoyed the heck out of the film from Baby Doll's second dance to the conclusion.

The movie could have simply covered Baby Doll's five seedy days without the escapism. Then again, there wouldn't be any need for any of the action if that was the case. :laugh1:

A question for any who see Sucker Punch. Does anyone else see Scott Glenn's character as a real (not imagined) guardian angel for both Baby Doll and Sweet Pea?

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Winter's Bone -8.5 /10
It was so real. I love movies like that. When you can feel the tension and the characters could be people you see everyday at the store or in your neighborhood. It was a little slow at times, and a little confusing at times, but overall I really enjoyed it's authenticity.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Limitless - 8.5

Has some silly moments, plot holes, and dropped plot points. But overall a fun movie that you will probably like.

David Morse should have had the Robert Deniro role.

kmp77

Reaction score
Tron: Legacy 8/10

I really enjoyed this movie. Amazing cgi...just beautiful. Jeff Bridges is a joy to watch no matter what role he's in. Good sequel to the original. Heard some ok stuff about it and was quite surprised. Only thing I didn't like was the cgi clue...cgi humans still have a ways to go. Everything else can be 100% perfect but humans...we're maybe at 90%.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton) 7.5/10. It had some pretty cool things going, but weird too.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Limitless: 8.5/10

Just saw Limitless with the wife. It's a great movie, I really recommend it.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The Town - 8

15 minutes too long. Script wasnt great, thusly I think Ben Affleck is a better director than he is an actor.

Spoilers in white: He kills a bunch of cops and Im supposed to root for him?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Source Code - 8/10

Fine follow up from Jones. Much more commercial than Moon, but he still manages to make his tone and style known.

One intriguing thing was the first 2-3 minutes of the movie. It very much did not feel like Duncan Jones. But it was breathtaking. The cinematography was beautiful -- every cut was sweeping and just real cool to watch. Then we settled back into the very claustrophobic feel of Duncan Jones. I wonder if that was Jones experimenting or what -- either way, it was fun to watch.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

4.5/10.0

What's worst than a disappointed film? A film that proclaims it's something and proceeds to prove it's nothing of the sort. Splice is just another movie which labels itself as a horror film. The only problem is that it's not scary whatsoever. I really do not understand what has happened to the genre during the past 25 years.

/rant

8.0/10.0

Classic Disney fare. Absolutely loved it. A very good movie for all ages.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As someone noted above...Splice was crappy.

Here are a couple of B-rated ones...

Fragile - Not to bad for a B-Rated movie and towards the end when you see the bad guy (for lack of a better term) it will make you say...EWWW.

Grimm Love - Movie based on actual events. Kind of slow and although it is not that gory, it still kind of grosses you out.

If you want to see the two above, they are on the Splatterday option of the Showtime on demand section.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3896108 said:
The Lincoln Lawyer
6/10

Explain. I am reading the book with the plans to watch the movie afterwards. So far, I've been pretty pleased with the book.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
The Adjustment Bureau

I'd give it a B or B+. Interesting, but not riveting. Wife liked it more than me (romantic plot). She gives it an A-.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
nyc;3897029 said:
Explain. I am reading the book with the plans to watch the movie afterwards. So far, I've been pretty pleased with the book.

I liked it. The shaky cam at the beginning was annoying, but it settled (or I adjusted to it).

The ending could have been better.