Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Toy Story 3

Have not seen the other two, the 3rd one was on and not much else last night so I watched it.

Have to say I was surprised. I really enjoyed it.

I might have to catch the first two now.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3899392 said:
Toy Story 3

Have not seen the other two, the 3rd one was on and not much else last night so I watched it.

I've only seen the first one, but it was really good.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MarionBarberThe4th;3899389 said:
Explain the ending to my satisfaction without using the letter "e"
That's impossible if you're referring to 2001.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3899300 said:
I think it would have been better if that scene at the end hadn't been included and so the viewer never could be sure.

I was thinking the same thing, but I think they had to give the viewer some kind of pay off. I'm still a little unsure how that proved anything one way or the other anyway.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DallasEast;3899377 said:
did-3.jpg

9.5/10.0

I re-watched it again last night on cable. It's still a classic even after all this time.

* OLD OLD OLD SPOILER ALERT *

If there was one thing I would change about Kubrick's masterpiece, it would be having HAL somehow finding a way to electronically hack into the pod so that he could hear Frank and Dave's plot to disconnect his higher computer functions. If the premise that the HAL9000 was the most intelligent computer ever made, why have Dave direct Frank inside the pod, ask HAL to rotate the pod so that its window viewport is facing HAL's camera eye and then turn off all the communication devices INSIDE the pod?

How could the two men have a totally secret conversation about HAL if HAL was provided the opportunity of reading their lips THROUGH the window viewport? It's the most intelligent computer ever made!!! duh. :p:

Very true. I think Kubrick had to have that scene to show the audience just how intelligent HAL was and that there was virtully no escape from him/it.

Such a classic. The last 10 minutes are so psychadelic though...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikmaniac;3899618 said:
Very true. I think Kubrick had to have that scene to show the audience just how intelligent HAL was and that there was virtully no escape from him/it.

Such a classic. The last 10 minutes are so psychadelic though...
True enough. It was the late '60s and Kubrick was shooting for some visual interpretation depicting a close encounter with an intelligence astronomically beyond that which humans possess.

How could Dave or anyone absorb something like that? This was Kubrick's way of explaining it. I have spoken with other movie fans who dislike or just flat out hate the ending, but I think he hit it out of the park with what he had to work with at the time.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3899392 said:
Toy Story 3

IMO, the first two were better.

Watched Rango on Monday....pleasantly surprised. I'd give it a 7.5.....it almost gets an 8 for the impressive CG....that animation style is getting crazy good.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Lebanon--------7/10

A bit slow but it was very well done and interesting. The entire movie takes place inside a tank, sort of similar to Das Boot in that sense.

127 Hours--------7/10

Enjoyed it, didn't know it was based on a true story till the end though.

The fighter------- 8/10

Very good movie. Christain Bale was outstanding and so was the lady who player their mother. Marky Mark, not so much.

Crazy Heart-----8/10

Jeff Bridges was great but the character in this movie was very similar to the character in True Grit in a lot of ways. I think he actually played and sang in this movie, is that true?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Source Code: 8/10

I thought it was over and it was about to be perfect. Then it went on for about 5 more unnecessary minutes

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
ethiostar;3900574 said:
Lebanon--------7/10

A bit slow but it was very well done and interesting. The entire movie takes place inside a tank, sort of similar to Das Boot in that sense.

127 Hours--------7/10

Enjoyed it, didn't know it was based on a true story till the end though.

The fighter------- 8/10

Very good movie. Christain Bale was outstanding and so was the lady who player their mother. Marky Mark, not so much.

Crazy Heart-----8/10

Jeff Bridges was great but the character in this movie was very similar to the character in True Grit in a lot of ways. I think he actually played and sang in this movie, is that true?

Your little cowboy is a cute little guy. Look at all that hair! Cherish your time with him, because they grow up so fast.

Stautner

Reaction score
Did we ever have a thread about best movies ever? seems like there was, but not sure.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
DallasEast;3899377 said:
did-3.jpg

9.5/10.0

I re-watched it again last night on cable. It's still a classic even after all this time.

I'm starting to think you and I are living parallel lives. First I watched Splice on cable and saw your rating. Then I watched 2001 on cable the other night as well and now I see this... what are we watching tonight??

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;3902323 said:
Did we ever have a thread about best movies ever? seems like there was, but not sure.

lol, lets not and say we did. :laugh2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
vta;3902331 said:
I'm starting to think you and I are living parallel lives. First I watched Splice on cable and saw your rating. Then I watched 2001 on cable the other night as well and now I see this... what are we watching tonight??

A quick scan of what's playing netted nada, even though I'm sorely tempted to rewatch Zombieland tonight. ;) :)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The Proposal - 7/10

Silly chick flick but there was enough in it that made me laugh and I'm a big fan of Sandra so that always helps the rating.

Grown Ups - 6/10

There was some pretty funny parts, some very stupid parts, and some just eh parts. But I'm not upset I watched it. I might even watch it again. Maybe.