Rate the last movie you saw

kmp77

Reaction score
VietCowboy;3917960 said:
The Green Hornet 2/10

mildly entertaining, but only saw the first 45 minutes of it (I think). Horrible chinese accent, and I'm not Chinese, but he was only credible like 10% of the time with that accent, he slipped out of the accent quite often.

Um, that's how he talks. He's not that great at speaking English.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
kmp77;3918902 said:
Um, that's how he talks. He's not that great at speaking English.

Yeah, I was thinking he was that Korean guy from Harold and Kumar, but he's not. But, I would say after the first scene where he was talking to Seth Rogan's character where the accent was very pronounced, I didn't really notice it that often after that, which is why I made that comment. I only watched the movie until right after that scene at the construction site, I couldn't stand it after that.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fast Five...

7/10

I like mindless action movies, but Vin Diesel's acting was driving me nuts. It was like everything he said was somehow profound. It was very Horatio Caine-esque.

Since it was mentioned in the previews, the big fight between him and the Rock was a bit of a let down. Good, but could've been better.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3935223 said:
Fast Five...

7/10

I like mindless action movies, but Vin Diesel's acting was driving me nuts. It was like everything he said was somehow profound. It was very Horatio Caine-esque.

Since it was mentioned in the previews, the big fight between him and the Rock was a bit of a let down. Good, but could've been better.

Vin Diesel is probably a foot shorter than the Rock, lol that sounds like a tough scene to pull off.

Adam Carolla and Bill Simmons did a whole podcast on this, when my iPod gets out of the rice Im going to listen to it w/o even seeing the movie.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MarionBarberThe4th;3935246 said:
Vin Diesel is probably a foot shorter than the Rock, lol that sounds like a tough scene to pull off.

Adam Carolla and Bill Simmons did a whole podcast on this, when my iPod gets out of the rice Im going to listen to it w/o even seeing the movie.
Actually they're not that much different in height or size. The fight was pretty realistic until the end.

kmp77

Reaction score
Just "won" tickets to a Thor screening Tuesday in 3D.....whoooot!!!!

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Just watched two movies on my phone flying down to the Keys:

Red: 7 of 10. Mary Louise Parker's character was a little annoying, but it was the best movie I have seen Bruce Willis in for some time.

Driven: 5 of 10: Man, the Rock's acting was horrible in this, but I didn't rent it for acting. It passed the time and was a little better than average.

I finally got my new Samsung Home Theater replacement in after three months of waiting (do yourself a favor and don't by a Blu Ray or Home Theater from Samsung, the units are horrific and the customer service is even worse). If the little lemon doesn't break during the first week, I can hopefully catch up on some movies that I haven't seen.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Joe Rod;3940018 said:
Just watched two movies on my phone flying down to the Keys:

Red: 7 of 10. Mary Louise Parker's character was a little annoying, but it was the best movie I have seen Bruce Willis in for some time.

Driven: 5 of 10: Man, the Rock's acting was horrible in this, but I didn't rent it for acting. It passed the time and was a little better than average.

I finally got my new Samsung Home Theater replacement in after three months of waiting (do yourself a favor and don't by a Blu Ray or Home Theater from Samsung, the units are horrific and the customer service is even worse). If the little lemon doesn't break during the first week, I can hopefully catch up on some movies that I haven't seen.

Driven? The Rock? Does not compute. Please explain.

Samsung Home Theater...do you mean their receivers? Their TVs are great IMO. Not impressed by their 3D blu-ray player though. That thing can't read a burned blu-ray without 4 or 5 attempts.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3940560 said:

Samsung Home Theater...do you mean their receivers? Their TVs are great IMO. Not impressed by their 3D blu-ray player though. That thing can't read a burned blu-ray without 4 or 5 attempts.

I think he might mean Faster (i believe that's what it's called) where the Rock is a convict whose out to get revenge for the murder of his brother.

Which I actually, some what surprisingly actually, really liked.

kmp77

Reaction score
Thor 9/10

Just got back from Thor....man, wayyyyy better than I was hoping. This is one of the best superhero films made yet. Behind the batman movies of course...and maybe Iron Man 1. The fighting, effects, casting...awesome. Super fun, Hemsworth is a STAR now. Anthony Hopkins as Odin...PERFECT. Fights...awesome. Thor's flying and hammer action...perfect. I was 5yrs old every time Thor used his hammer to fly or just beat the crud out of people. The sound was great...sounded like an aluminum bat bouncing off a scull. The soundtrack was great too...some very moving scenes pushed by it. Very happy how it turned out. Actually had alot of comedy but the jokes made sense to the characters and they actually cut straight away from jokes to not linger on them too much.

Negatives: 3d. WTH was the point? Few scenes really felt 3d. 3d conversions absolutely blow. It actually took away from alot of the fight scenes. Do yourself a favor and go to the 2d one, it'll be the better experience. The 3d actually made the movie look worse. The other negative is just a couple scenes kinda slowed the movie down but they were actually important to Thor becoming "Thor".

Kevinicus

Reaction score
kmp77;3940849 said:
Thor 9/10

Just got back from Thor....man, wayyyyy better than I was hoping. This is one of the best superhero films made yet. Behind the batman movies of course...and maybe Iron Man 1. The fighting, effects, casting...awesome. Super fun, Hemsworth is a STAR now. Anthony Hopkins as Odin...PERFECT. Fights...awesome. Thor's flying and hammer action...perfect. I was 5yrs old every time Thor used his hammer to fly or just beat the crud out of people. The sound was great...sounded like an aluminum bat bouncing off a scull. The soundtrack was great too...some very moving scenes pushed by it. Very happy how it turned out. Actually had alot of comedy but the jokes made sense to the characters and they actually cut straight away from jokes to not linger on them too much.

Negatives: 3d. WTH was the point? Few scenes really felt 3d. 3d conversions absolutely blow. It actually took away from alot of the fight scenes. Do yourself a favor and go to the 2d one, it'll be the better experience. The 3d actually made the movie look worse. The other negative is just a couple scenes kinda slowed the movie down but they were actually important to Thor becoming "Thor".

The point: $$$$$$$

I'd never pay to see the 3D version of a movie at the theater if it was done through conversion only. Assuming I'll buy Thor (at least I think it's likely), I will get the 3D blu-ray though, so I will at least have the option.

I'm curious how Pirates and Transformers will turn out in 3D since they actually shot in 3D.

Speaking of TF, the new trailer isn't half bad, the scope looks impressive, the tone looks darker, and if nothing else, I think the music is pretty bad ***:

[youtube]-mAEb7S0mhg[/youtube]

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
kmp77;3940849 said:
Thor 9/10

Well u just convinced me good sir

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BraveHeartFan;3940617 said:
I think he might mean Faster (i believe that's what it's called) where the Rock is a convict whose out to get revenge for the murder of his brother.

Which I actually, some what surprisingly actually, really liked.

I was also confused on how the Rock's acting was bad. He had maybe 10 lines of dialogue and spent the other time kicking ***. If anything, it showed that he did belong in the action genre.

I thought it was good as well.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3940915 said:
Speaking of TF, the new trailer isn't half bad, the scope looks impressive, the tone looks darker, and if nothing else, I think the music is pretty bad ***:

[youtube]-mAEb7S0mhg[/youtube]

Architecture wise, Chicago kicks ***. I think TF2 really dropped off from the first one though it was still entertaining. I sure hope this one is better. It does look better.

I hate 3D movies.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3940560 said:

:laugh2: My bad, I meant Faster. No clue where Driven came from.

I bought a home theater system in December 2009 and everything about it was awesome for the first four months until the blu-ray player just died. I sent it in for a repair and they sent it back. It played for a short time, but then it started running black lines through the screen. I sent it back again and it was returned in the exact same condition. Scatter in another six service calls where they kept telling me that I needed to run the updates (even though I already had the most recent updates and they even confirmed it). December rolls around and my warranty ran out while I was trying to ship it out for a replacement. I fought for almost a month to get them to extend it, sent my player in in February and the idiots shipped the replacement to their Service Center instead of me.

Add in another fifteen calls and threats of legal action and I finally received my new unit on Monday along with a $100 Best Buy gift card. I guess the good news is that they sent me their "top-of-the-line" HT, which was about $400 more than the one I bought.

I have a Samsung LED and that thing is top notch, but I would never recommend their Blu-Rays or Home Theaters to anyone. This new one might turn out great, but the experience ruined the product.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Serenity
Have not watched it in some time and forgot how much I enjoyed it.
Never watched the firefly show so had no ties to it.

The sorcerer's apprentice. Pretty crappy...although the dragon was cool.
Nicolas Cage just does not work for me. Over the years there have been a few that he seemed to fit in but otherwise he almost always seems mis casted in most of his movies, just does not fit right.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;3941037 said:
I was also confused on how the Rock's acting was bad. He had maybe 10 lines of dialogue and spent the other time kicking ***. If anything, it showed that he did belong in the action genre.

I thought it was good as well.

He had the same facial expression throughout the entire movie. Not much there for me personally, but I do agree that the action sequences were good. Just not anything I would watch again.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Thor - 7/10. I loved the Asgard stuff (sans some of the editing of the first battle), but was pretty ho-hum with everything on Earth. Thor's maturity transition was way too fast, and I didn't buy his feelings for Portman's character. Or her feelings for him either.

The looming presence of the nearly all powerful Hammer the entire film also alleviated a lot of tension the Earth scenes could have had.

A decent flick, but it could have been better, and for me was the worst of the Avenger films.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
HUSK.....8/10

I rented this movie because it had a scarecrow on the cover. I was thinking it would be a cheesy B-horror movie, only good for laughs, but I was dead wrong. It was actually pretty well-made, and scary. It's about a group of kids who get stranded on a farm road. One-by-one they are picked off by these evil scarecrows, which are possessed by a guy murdered in the house nearby long ago. It's a great, and pretty scary horror movie, which was a total surprise.

[youtube]aTZndNe8tEc[/youtube]