Rate the last movie you saw

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay;3950609 said:
Still don't have access to the movie thread, so...

7/10. Very funny at parts, but there are some stretches without much humor, but these areas are solid in other areas, so it's not too much of a problem. It also runs a little long for a comedy.
It was on the 2nd page...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3950612 said:
It was on the 2nd page...

It wasn't (and still isn't) there for me. I had to do a search for it to be listed at all. Also, all evidence of anything from this thread is absent from my post history.

Edit: And now that I've posted, it's finally back.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3952492 said:
It wasn't (and still isn't) there for me. I had to do a search for it to be listed at all. Also, all evidence of anything from this thread is absent from my post history.

Same. I couldn't even find by searching for it. But now it's obviously here. Weird.

ethiostar

Reaction score
theogt;3949867 said:
That poor guy can't find a good movie to star in to save his life.

ChldsPlay;3949876 said:
Very true. I like Bettany, but haven't liked any of his movies much at all except for A Knight'S Tale and Wimbledon.

ChldsPlay;3952492 said:

theogt;3952498 said:
Same. I couldn't even find by searching for it. But now it's obviously here. Weird.

:eek:

What in the *%^$#$ is going on here?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Peeping Tom ?/10

I still have no idea how to rate this movie. It was made in 60s and was clearly groundbreaking for its time. It set countless trends in the slasher genre, but it was simply terrible in spots.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Bridesmaids...8/10

My GF wanted to see it. I went in with no expectations. It turned out to be REALLY, REALLY funny. Kristen Wiig is hilarious. This has to be the first Judd Apatow (sp?) movie that he didn't put his wife and kids in. THere was one scene that dragged on a little too long, but all-in-all a great movie. I highly recommend it!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
ethiostar;3952547 said:
:eek:

What in the *%^$#$ is going on here?

They realized they are both smart posters and getting legit mad about movies on a Cowboys forum would be silly

Harry and the Hendersons - 8/10

My 2nd John Lithgow movie and 3rd I saw that came out before I was born

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3952713 said:
They realized they are both smart posters and getting legit mad about movies on a Cowboys forum would be silly

Oh goodness, shut up before you suck 50% of the entertainment out of this thread! :D

Anyway, you guys hear about that Mall Cop movie? I'd like to hear what people think about it.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
TheCount;3952731 said:
Oh goodness, shut up before you suck 50% of the entertainment out of this thread! :D

I deserved that comment for the other part of my post as well

Heres this for a re-spark. Childsplay seems to get an awful lot of free early screenings.....hmmmm.....

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Paul Blart would be a sick childrens franchise

Paul Blart 2: Electric Boogaloo

A Megaman movie could make some money. Kids eat that stuff up. Rockets, lasers, power-ups, flying robot dog..... Stealing abilities from other jerk robots

Kevinicus

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3952735 said:
I deserved that comment for the other part of my post as well

Heres this for a re-spark. Childsplay seems to get an awful lot of free early screenings.....hmmmm.....

advancescreenings.com is your friend.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3952737 said:
Paul Blart would be a sick childrens franchise

Paul Blart 2: Electric Boogaloo

A Megaman movie could make some money. Kids eat that stuff up. Rockets, lasers, power-ups, flying robot dog..... Stealing abilities from other jerk robots

Aha! There's the missing element from Scott Pilgrim.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Crazy thread...

Another screening tonight for...The Beaver - 7/10. Solid performances all around, but while the puppet thing might not be entirely the norm, the overall tone/message, etc. is nothing new and with few exceptions there's nothing too surprising here and it all wraps up in mostly cookie cutter fashion. Still, it's short enough (maybe 90 minutes WITH credits) with solid acting and the slightly unusual premise with the puppet to make it enjoyable enough for a look see, though I'd probably recommend a rental.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
One idea may be to re-start the thread. In other words, have a continuation thread. The new thread can link back to this thread in the OP. Other sites do this because apparently these long threads are a drain on resources.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;3954419 said:
One idea may be to re-start the thread. In other words, have a continuation thread. The new thread can link back to this thread in the OP. Other sites do this because apparently these long threads are a drain on resources.
I believe they can be a drain because of the amount of hits on the thread at the same time. That's why the game threads are broken up.

This particular thread sometimes gets lost because people may not go to a movie for awhile or the OT gets alot of traffic and it'll get buried.

It should be ok going forward tho.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Still waiting for the release of Arnold Schwarzenegger movie the "Impregnator" :laugh2:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Pirates 4: I rated this 7/10 on another forum, but the more I think about it, the more problems I have with it, so I'm dropping it to 6/10 and most of that is because of Depp and Rush. Without them it would be a pretty terrible movie, and as it is, much of it drags. There are 2 "subplots" to the movie that are just there and really serve no purpose, they either need to be further developed or just completely done away with. Ultimately, there isn't all that much that happens in this movie, and the new characters (even Black Beard) aren't all that interesting.