Rate the last movie you saw

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Fast Five - 7 / 10. Pretty much what you expect out of the series, good action, fast cars, bad acting but overall entertaining.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Hanna - 8/10

Sweet movie. A lot of suspense and wondering what was going on in the movie. Where you kind of have to piece things together a bit. My type of movie.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Doomsday;3945056 said:
Fast Five - 7 / 10. Pretty much what you expect out of the series, good action, fast cars, bad acting but overall entertaining.

The Adam Carolla/Bill Simmons podcast on this is hilarious

kristie

Reaction score
the green hornet

8/10

funny but also had some lousy moments. worth renting. not worth buying.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
kmp77;3940849 said:
Negatives: 3d. WTH was the point? Few scenes really felt 3d. 3d conversions absolutely blow. It actually took away from alot of the fight scenes. Do yourself a favor and go to the 2d one, it'll be the better experience. The 3d actually made the movie look worse. The other negative is just a couple scenes kinda slowed the movie down but they were actually important to Thor becoming "Thor".

In my opinion, ALL 3D movies are crap. I saw Avatar for the first time in 3D much to my chagrin, and ended up going back to see it in regular format. I was actually able to enjoy it the second time around.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The King's Speech 9/10

Excellent film, but it was very difficult for me to watch. It hit very close to home.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Thor - 8/10

I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. It's not as good as the first Iron Man, but it's a fun ride. They took some liberties with the storyline that my wife wasn't particularly happy with (she's a closet comic book nerd), but I didn't know the story of Thor going in as well as I've known some of the other Marvel storylines, so I couldn't tell what was changed and what wasn't. Explaining her main complaint would give away a part of the plot, so I won't go there.

There really was no reason for Natalie Portman to be in the movie, but I'm sure it was the easiest paycheck she's earned in years.

Stan Lee's cameo had the entire theater laughing out loud, that was one of the best ones (My favorite is still Hugh Hefner from Ironman) and I absolutely LOVE that it's become a tradition to have him pop up in every movie.

Anthony Hopkins was great as Odin and Tom Hiddleston could probably star in a Loki spin-off film if they really wanted to go that direction.

My main gripe was that they didn't play up the jealousy between Thor and Loki and they didn't spend much time at all playing up the dynamic between Thor and his friends.

All in all though, definitely a fun little film.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
My entire life, I thought Thor was pretty lame because his weapon was a very short hammer. I have always been perplexed by how someone would fight with a hammer. That first fight scene, my jaw dropped. It was pure awesomeness. They get an A+ for figuring out how fighting with a hammer can be translated to reality ... errr ... a movie.

I'd give it about an 8/10 as well. If only because it was shocking that it didn't suck.

Hopkins has mailed it in for the past decade it seems, so I expected little from him here. But he did a fantastic job -- was glad to see it.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Thor was not at all worth the hype. 5 out of ten.

In a few years after that movie is released to Blu-Ray, people will look back at that as cheese-whiz on a disk. That scene where the Brothers Three and Sif came down to Earth was straight out of He-Man (and that movie was the worst!). The first twenty minutes was greatness and it fell ridiculously flat after that. Thank goodness they had half off margaritas at Canitina 1511 to make up for it.

joseephuss

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3947178 said:
The King's Speech 9/10

Excellent film, but it was very difficult for me to watch. It hit very close to home.

Sorry to hear that you are a king.

joseephuss

Reaction score
theogt;3947454 said:
My entire life, I thought Thor was pretty lame because his weapon was a very short hammer. I have always been perplexed by how someone would fight with a hammer. That first fight scene, my jaw dropped. It was pure awesomeness. They get an A+ for figuring out how fighting with a hammer can be translated to reality ... errr ... a movie.

I'd give it about an 8/10 as well. If only because it was shocking that it didn't suck.

Hopkins has mailed it in for the past decade it seems, so I expected little from him here. But he did a fantastic job -- was glad to see it.

I agree with you. I am not a Thor comic fan, but the movie was okay. The character comes out better on film than in a comic book. I give it a 6.5 to 7 out of 10. Some good stuff, but it dragged at times.

Joe Rod;3949333 said:
Thor was not at all worth the hype. 5 out of ten.

In a few years after that movie is released to Blu-Ray, people will look back at that as cheese-whiz on a disk. That scene where the Brothers Three and Sif came down to Earth was straight out of He-Man (and that movie was the worst!). The first twenty minutes was greatness and it fell ridiculously flat after that. Thank goodness they had half off margaritas at Canitina 1511 to make up for it.

I don't really think Thor is getting that much hype. There is always some hype, but movies released in early May don't generate near as much hype as the summer movies do.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Priest - 3/10. Saw a free screening last night. I'll just say this movie should have been released in January like it's sister Legion was, not in May.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3949864 said:
Priest - 3/10. Saw a free screening last night. I'll just say this movie should have been released in January like it's sister Legion was, not in May.
That poor guy can't find a good movie to star in to save his life.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
theogt;3949867 said:
That poor guy can't find a good movie to star in to save his life.

Very true. I like Bettany, but haven't liked any of his movies much at all except for A Knight'S Tale and Wimbledon.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Still don't have access to the movie thread, so...

7/10. Very funny at parts, but there are some stretches without much humor, but these areas are solid in other areas, so it's not too much of a problem. It also runs a little long for a comedy.