Rate the last movie you saw

Lodeus

Reaction score
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

I give it a 6. Better than the last one, but they should have stopped with that one.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Lodeus;3957338 said:

I give it a 6. Better than the last one, but they should have stopped with that one.

What are you talking about!?!?! The guys promoting the movie are claiming this is the best one yet!!! :laugh2:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Lodeus;3957338 said:

Why stop at one when you can make millions of dollars making the same movies over and over? I have a feeling Hang Over2 is going to suck but I bet it makes a killing anyway.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday;3957465 said:
Why stop at one when you can make millions of dollars making the same movies over and over? I have a feeling Hang Over2 is going to suck but I bet it makes a killing anyway.

[youtube]JbpNVcgct6Q[/youtube]

Duane

Reaction score
Saw Scott Pilgrim on TV finally. It was different but enjoyable.
7/10

Bridesmaids wasn't as much non-stop laughter as I thought it would be. I still liked it though.
7/10

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Fair Game - 8/10. Based on actual events. Well acted across the board, and Sean Penn is great as always.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Hangover 2 - 8.5/10. The critics can criticize it all they want for rehashing the plot, but I don't think I've ever met someone that actually cared one iota about the actual plot of the first one anyway. It's a movie about the aftermath of a hangover and what led up to it...what does one expect? The movie was funny, period. It wasn't quite as good as the first, but it was pretty close.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/e310d8e1.jpg

10.0/10.0

There are ... a number of films which can, will and should be mentioned on Memorial Day like Saving Private Ryan or Patton or etc., but this one film will receive special mention from me. Very few movies cut to the core of the holiday as much as this one.

I tear up every time I catch it on HBO. The sheer respect and honor demonstrated from beginning to end illustrates what's best in the human heart in remembrance of those who make the ultimate sacrifice.

If anyone has never watched it, I highly recommend it. It will playing a lot on cable in the near future, especially during this holiday.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3962302 said:
The Hangover 2 - 8.5/10. The critics can criticize it all they want for rehashing the plot, but I don't think I've ever met someone that actually cared one iota about the actual plot of the first one anyway. It's a movie about the aftermath of a hangover and what led up to it...what does one expect? The movie was funny, period. It wasn't quite as good as the first, but it was pretty close.
I don't mind rehasing a plot. Heck, I always hate when people complain about remakes. The problem I had was it just wasn't that funny. Save for the demon comment at the end, I'm not sure I laughed forcefully throughout the entire thing. Sure a chuckle here or there, but nothing like the first one.

I'd give it maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
9/10 - TT3D - Closer to the Edge.

Don't know if it's likely to be released in the US, but for anyone who likes bike racing this is a must see film.

Follows a few riders in the build up & the week's racing at the TT in 2010 with some seriously breathtaking on board footage.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
ZeroClub;3962652 said:
The Hangover 2 - 6/10

It didn't do anything for me.

I think I am going to wait to rent the DVD, only 36% of the people at rotten tomatoes liked it as well. That is usually a bad sign.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Doomsday;3962697 said:
I think I am going to wait to rent the DVD, only 36% of the people at rotten tomatoes liked it as well. That is usually a bad sign.

Never mind I guess I looked at it wrong. 36% was critics, 94% of users liked it. Guess I will have to go see it now.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hangover 2 -7.5

40% was either a monkey squealing or someone saying either "What is going on?", "What happened?", or "Wheres Teddy?"

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hangover 2: 8/10 - It is basically a xerox story path of Hangover 1. (story path, not story itself) If you liked Hangover 1, I can't see why you wouldn't like Hangover 2. Whoever it was that said they were disappointed because it was just like Hangover 1, I don't understand why you expected something different. It is a "Hangover" movie. That is exactly what the movies are about. :confused:

Anyhow, I enjoyed it because it was exactly what I expected it to be. A rerun of the first, with an altered story line and some reoccurring "things" that happened in the first.

=======================================

Catch Me If You Can (2002): 8/10.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Black Swan - 9/10

Finally saw it, these are the kind of "scary" movies I like, although it's obviously more psychological than horror. Has Aronofsky made a bad movie yet?

Portman was great, she definitely deserved an Oscar for that performance. I didn't really have much trouble keeping up with what was fake and what wasn't, but the one scene I'm still up in the air about is the one when Portman visits Ryder in the hospital to return her things.

Overall very good, even though Aronofsky used one of my most hated horror tricks, what I call the "Ooga Booga!", where basically you just try to get the audience to jump using loud noises/sudden movements/someone arriving on camera unexpectedly.

I think it's a cheap way to get a reaction out fo the audience, but he did a good job of drawing out the tension in the rest of the film.

My one major critique is that it felt more like a short story than a full on arc, the scale of the film itself was pretty small, but I'm sure that also resulted in a modest film budget.