Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They had some 80's movie marathon on the encore channel this weekend.

Just the old 80's comedies like Revenge of the nerds, Uncle Buck and some of those types.

There was one I had not seen before, or even remember hearing of.

Three O'clock High.

It was not that great but it was OK for one of those 80's comedies. Not as good as the John Candy films and not as classic as some of the others like 16 candles but it was something to watch.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3963392 said:

Just the old 80's comedies like Revenge of the nerds, Uncle Buck and some of those types.

Three O'clock High.

It was not that great but it was OK for one of those 80's comedies. Not as good as the John Candy films and not as classic as some of the others like 16 candles but it was something to watch.

I really liked it when it came out but haven't seen it for probably 15 years or so.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3963392 said:

Three O'clock High.

Ha! I watched Uncle Buck when it was on. :laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;3963405 said:
Ha! I watched Uncle Buck when it was on. :laugh2:

Just one of those movies that cracks you up.

I think I liked most of his movies.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3963415 said:
Just one of those movies that cracks you up.

I think I liked most of his movies.

John Candy is a comedy legend. One of my absolute favorite movies with him in it is Brewster's Millions. I waited a long time, but it finally came out on DVD and I grabbed it.

The Great Outdoors was on too. That was is great too. Planes, Trains & Automobiles is one of my wife's favorites.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;3963417 said:
John Candy is a comedy legend. One of my absolute favorite movies with him in it is Brewster's Millions. I waited a long time, but it finally came out on DVD and I grabbed it.

The Great Outdoors was on too. That was is great too. Planes, Trains & Automobiles is one of my wife's favorites.

Yes...Watched Brewster's Millions and Stir Crazy love the Richard Pryor movies...recorded Bustin' Loose but have not watched it yet.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3963428 said:
Yes...Watched Brewster's Millions and Stir Crazy love the Richard Pryor movies...recorded Bustin' Loose but have not watched it yet.

If you haven't, check out "Moving" with Pryor and Dana Carvey too. (own that one too!) Good stuff!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;3963188 said:
My one major critique is that it felt more like a short story than a full on arc, the scale of the film itself was pretty small, but I'm sure that also resulted in a modest film budget.
Only $13 million to be precise, which is tiny compared to most of its contemporaries. That's an awesome accomplishment for a small film which netted as many award nominations and actual wins for Portman as it did. It's definitely one I plan on watching soon.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Kung ** Panda 2 7.5/ 10 - solid sequel, nothing special, not as good as the first one.

Hangover 2 7.5 / 10 - laughed my head off. They walked that fine line regarding some of the more explicit materials.

The Game (with Michael Douglas) 7.5 / 10 - decent movie and premise. Was waay too long though (129 minutes!).

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
TheCount;3963188 said:
Black Swan - 9/10

Finally saw it, these are the kind of "scary" movies I like, although it's obviously more psychological than horror. Has Aronofsky made a bad movie yet?

The Fountain.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3965696 said:
Pi, Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain.
Fixed.

To me, the questions is, prior to Black Swan, had Aronofsky made a good movie? Though on a 2nd viewing of Black Swan, I'm not sure I still consider it to be that good.

The good news is, I think he's improving with each film.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3965696 said:
The Fountain.

I didn't think Fountain was bad. I actually enjoyed it to some degree, but it is also extremely pretentious, so I can completely understand why some people would hate it.

ChldsPlay;3965703 said:

Pi and Requiem, are bad? Seriously?

joseephuss

Reaction score
TheCount;3965838 said:
I didn't think Fountain was bad. I actually enjoyed it to some degree, but it is also extremely pretentious, so I can completely understand why some people would hate it.

I liked both Pi and Requiem. I can see why neither had mass appeal, but I would not say they are bad movies.

seandroog

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3965703 said:
Fixed.

To me, the questions is, prior to Black Swan, had Aronofsky made a good movie? Though on a 2nd viewing of Black Swan, I'm not sure I still consider it to be that good.

The good news is, I think he's improving with each film.

Just because you don't get it doesn't mean it's bad. I don't get the fountain, I just don't think it's compelling enough for me to actually watch it again and figure it out.

The Wrestler was great. Pi and Requiem are instant classics.

I have to admit I haven't seen Black swan, but if those two dames are making out I HAVE to watch it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
TheCount;3965838 said:

Pi is by far my least favorite movie of all time. Physically painful for me to watch. Requiem I only lasted 20 minutes before turning it off, and that is a rarity for me. Perhaps I should give it another chance, but it's not easy to do.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
seandroog;3965848 said:
Just because you don't get it doesn't mean it's bad. I don't get the fountain, I just don't think it's compelling enough for me to actually watch it again and figure it out.

The Wrestler was great. Pi and Requiem are instant classics.

I have to admit I haven't seen Black swan, but if those two dames are making out I HAVE to watch it.

Who said I didn't "get it?"

The Fountain was the first one I thought was watchable really, so I don't think it's bad perse, I was just adding to someone else's comment.

The Wrestler was okay, but generic IMO. Great performances, not much else of interest.

kmp77

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3966123 said:
Pi is by far my least favorite movie of all time. Physically painful for me to watch. Requiem I only lasted 20 minutes before turning it off, and that is a rarity for me. Perhaps I should give it another chance, but it's not easy to do.

Pi and Requiem are easily somewhere at the top of my all time fav movie list. When Aronofsky is on, he's on!

kmp77

Reaction score
seandroog;3965848 said:

The Fountain

The past is the story the wife writes about her husband trying to cure her. The present is her dying and him spending all his time at the lab instead of spending all his time with her before she goes. The future/space stuff is the finished story he writes on his journey to accept her death.