Rate the last movie you saw

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
[URL="http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/f415718d.jpg"]http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/f415718d.jpg[/URL]

9.5/10.0

Marvel just keeps on hitting the bullseye. And for its characters.

Kevin Bacon nailed Sebastion Shaw. Angel is a newer character whom I'm not familar with. Marvel must have introduced her after I stopped buying DC/Marvel titles religiously back in '96.

Anyone up-to-date with Marvel's current continuity? Alex Summers (Havok) gets showcased in this film, circa 1960's; but his BROTHER Scott Summers first 'met' Professor X in X-Men Origins|Wolverine when Xavier is much older and still standing...

...THAT'S A CONTINUITY BLOOPER, MARVEL! :bang2: Anyhoo, excellent movie. Next up for Marvel:

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/fcec9b07.jpg

The ultimate Avenger is about to hit the big screen. :wink2:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
DallasEast;3966912 said:
[URL="http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/f415718d.jpg"]http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/f415718d.jpg[/URL]

9.5/10.0

Marvel just keeps on hitting the bullseye. And for its characters.

Kevin Bacon nailed Sebastion Shaw. Angel is a newer character whom I'm not familar with. Marvel must have introduced her after I stopped buying DC/Marvel titles religiously back in '96.

Anyone up-to-date with Marvel's current continuity? Alex Summers (Havok) gets showcased in this film, circa 1960's; but his BROTHER Scott Summers first 'met' Professor X in X-Men Origins|Wolverine when Xavier is much older and still standing...

...THAT'S A CONTINUITY BLOOPER, MARVEL! :bang2: Anyhoo, excellent movie. Next up for Marvel:

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/fcec9b07.jpg

The ultimate Avenger is about to hit the big screen. :wink2:

Singer has said that in this version, Havok is not related to Scott.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3966971 said:
I believe he said they're not brothers. I'd say it's likely they're related in some other way.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Good stuff. The trailer for the new X-Men looked to have no significant star, character, or scene. Ill probably check it out.

I prefer these anyway b/c the 1 star superhero movies really lack a sense of urgency. "Oh no, Superman is about to get kille- nope hes ok"

Kevinicus

Reaction score
theogt;3966973 said:
I believe he said they're not brothers. I'd say it's likely they're related in some other way.

That's correct. I was remembering the first paragraph of the article I saw about it. The authors of the article said they weren't related, but nowhere in what Singer said says anything other than brothers specifically.

Via IGN:

X-Men: First Class producer Bryan Singer has revealed that two characters who were brothers in the Marvel comics will not be related in the movies' continuity.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
A little ahead of its time in the character changing and powers and what-not.

Also on my list of games I never beat along w/

Mike_Tyson_TKO.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay;3966971 said:
theogt;3966973 said:
Curiosity got the best of me, so I did a quick browse over at Marvel.com. Havok and Cyclops are still brothers in the comics.

His addition of Alex to the movie is a nice touch. Did he mention any reason for the alteration? Another thing I noticed [I guess it's worth a ***SPOILER ALERT***] during Xavier first use of Cerebro was the identification of a certain little preteen white haired young girl.

Halle Berry might protest that her character's movie age isn't quite that old, but I quietly applauded him inserting that tidbit. Kinda wished Singer would have allowed Xavier to still be standing when he eventually visits her in Cairo (it's a great storyline highly worthy of an X-Men Origins debut, but unlikely). Then again, Marvel will probably okay continued continuity flexibility as long as it doesn't uproot the story bases.

joseephuss

Reaction score
X-Men: First Class was really good. I thought several of the actors did a fantastic job. A comic book movie has certain limitations, but this story was put together very well.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
joseephuss;3967081 said:
X-Men: First Class was really good. I thought several of the actors did a fantastic job. A comic book movie has certain limitations, but this story was put together very well.

FX was showing some re-runs, and there is at least one continuity error in the movie scenes themselves (not comic to movies). I think in one of the early scenes of X-Men Last Stand, they show Xavier and Magneto visiting a young Jean Grey. Xavier was walking in that scene.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
The Big Lebowski 10/10, maybe the funniest movie i've ever seen.

The Dude abides!:laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;3967120 said:

Wow. Lebowski is funny, but you should see more movies! :laugh2:

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;3967120 said:

"Shut up Donnie! The world doesn't stop and start at your convenience you miserable piece of ****."

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VietCowboy;3967105 said:
FX was showing some re-runs, and there is at least one continuity error in the movie scenes themselves (not comic to movies). I think in one of the early scenes of X-Men Last Stand, they show Xavier and Magneto visiting a young Jean Grey. Xavier was walking in that scene.

IIRC Xavier could walk at one time. His mental powers have a side effect of keeping him from walking.

I seem to remember there were some issues in the comic that he temporarily lost his powers and when he did he was able to walk.

Not sure about the movie part of it vs the comics though.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Rynie;3967191 said:
"Shut up Donnie! The world doesn't stop and start at your convenience you miserable piece of ****."

That line reminds me of my old man, just like something he would say.:laugh2: