Rate the last movie you saw

Duane

Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;3967120 said:
The Big Lebowski 10/10, maybe the funniest movie i've ever seen.

The Dude abides!:laugh2:

One of my all time favorites.

Walter Sobchak: OVER THE LINE!
Smokey: Huh?
Walter Sobchak: I'm sorry, Smokey. You were over the line, that's a foul.
Smokey: Bull****. Mark it 8, Dude.
Walter Sobchak: Uh, excuse me. Mark it zero. Next frame.
Smokey: Bull****, Walter. Mark it 8, Dude.
Walter Sobchak: Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Duane;3967248 said:

"Smokey, you're entering into a world of pain!"

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3967206 said:
IIRC Xavier could walk at one time. His mental powers have a side effect of keeping him from walking.

I seem to remember there were some issues in the comic that he temporarily lost his powers and when he did he was able to walk.

Not sure about the movie part of it vs the comics though.

Well, in X-Men first class, you see why he was paralyzed. So if he was paralyzed in the 60's why is he walking to Jean Grey's house (an old man btw)? IDK, they may try to work that in somehow, just seemed like a continuity error to me.

I do know what you are talking about in the comics though. The BF was a huge fan as a kid, and he said he remember there was an island where they couldn't use their abilities, but because of it, Xavier could walk on that island. Not sure though. Anyway, this was a continuity error between films, not comic to film (because film took a lot of liberties of course). J

Kevinicus

Reaction score
VietCowboy;3967310 said:
Well, in X-Men first class, you see why he was paralyzed. So if he was paralyzed in the 60's why is he walking to Jean Grey's house (an old man btw)? IDK, they may try to work that in somehow, just seemed like a continuity error to me.

I do know what you are talking about in the comics though. The BF was a huge fan as a kid, and he said he remember there was an island where they couldn't use their abilities, but because of it, Xavier could walk on that island. Not sure though. Anyway, this was a continuity error between films, not comic to film (because film took a lot of liberties of course). J

Is that the Island from Lost? j/k.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Duane;3967248 said:

Royal Laegotti;3967263 said:
"Smokey, you're entering into a world of pain!"

:bow:

Love that movie.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
I have to admit....I'm a little surprised by all of the positive comments regarding the new X-Men flick. The preview did nothing for me. It looked like it was marketed for a much younger audience than the other recent adaptations. I was never a huge comic book fan when I was a kid, so I don't know much about the background stories for these things....but I've enjoyed the last few, and I enjoy having something that I can watch with the kids without wanting to poke my eyes with hot iron.

I might have to give it a go this weekend.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
tomson75;3967561 said:
I have to admit....I'm a little surprised by all of the positive comments regarding the new X-Men flick. The preview did nothing for me. It looked like it was marketed for a much younger audience than the other recent adaptations. I was never a huge comic book fan when I was a kid, so I don't know much about the background stories for these things....but I've enjoyed the last few, and I enjoy having something that I can watch with the kids without wanting to poke my eyes with hot iron.

I might have to give it a go this weekend.
I insist that you go see it this weekend. You'll like it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hmmm...i'm not sure about the new XMen yet. I didn't really care for any of the others, except the Wolverine movie. I'm just not that big into these X-Men flicks.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3967699 said:
The more footage of Super 8 they show the less epic it looks

Or not.

I will find out tomorrow at another screening.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;3967120 said:
The Big Lebowski 10/10, maybe the funniest movie i've ever seen.

The Dude abides!:laugh2:

Great movie. I do not understand how some people think it's stupid and unfunny.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3967703 said:
Or not.

I will find out tomorrow at another screening.

DallasEast;3967709 said:

I was more into it before I saw all the kid actors and that it was hinted theres no creature or physical being but more of an all-knowing omni-presence

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theogt;3967662 said:
I insist that you go see it this weekend. You'll like it.

DallasEast;3967710 said:
Seconded.

I told my wife that the two of you were among the most respected posters on this forum and that we should listen to your advice.

I usually don't lie, but she fell for it....so we're going to go. ;)

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
tomson75;3967731 said:
I told my wife that the two of you were among the most respected posters on this forum and that we should listen to your advice.

:laugh2:

Well played.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3967699 said:
The more footage of Super 8 they show the less epic it looks
I'm still excited given the reviews it's getting. The only negatives seem to be that it's pure nostalgia pr0n, to which I happen to be highly susceptible.

tomson75;3967731 said:

:gassy1:

jimmy40

Reaction score
The Wanderers 7/10. after watching the Warriors the other night I had to watch the Wanderers, saw them both at a double feature at a drive in when they came out. Not near as good as the Warriors but still a movie I remember fondly from my high school days.

joseephuss

Reaction score
theogt;3967861 said:
I'm still excited given the reviews it's getting. The only negatives seem to be that it's pure nostalgia pr0n, to which I happen to be highly susceptible.

:gassy1:

I can't get into a movie where the kids are made out to be the smartest ones around. That is how it comes across to me watching the previews and based on Speilberg's use of children in some of his past films. I found the children most annoying in Jurassic Park.